I did a search and saw several "YouTube not working" type posts, but none that seemed to address the issue I'm having.

For the first couple weeks with the phone, it was fine. I'd open the Browser, type "youtube" into google, click the first result, search for a video, select a video, it then loaded a new page with a screencap of the video and a link that said "Watch This Video". I click it and it goes to a full screen of the video with play/pause/etc controls.

Then 3 or 4 days ago, the YouTube page started loading the full desktop YouTube, the search started having autocomplete options that covered up the search bar, and when I selected a video it loading a full version looking YouTube page and says:

"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

Clicking the "Get the..." link takes me to the full Adobe site, which doesn't jive with the tour.

When I go to browser options, all javascript options are enabled. Not sure why it started doing this. Anyone else have the same problem?

When I google "youtube mobile" from my phone instead, and it returns YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. as the result, it loads the full youtube page but with the red error bar that says "Invalid Parameters".

Any help?
    08-11-09 05:34 PM
    Change your browser ID to blackberry browser, it's in the browser settings, you probably have it set to Internet Explorer or Firefox

I did a search and saw several "YouTube not working" type posts, but none that seemed to address the issue I'm having.

For the first couple weeks with the phone, it was fine. I'd open the Browser, type "youtube" into google, click the first result, search for a video, select a video, it then loaded a new page with a screencap of the video and a link that said "Watch This Video". I click it and it goes to a full screen of the video with play/pause/etc controls.

Then 3 or 4 days ago, the YouTube page started loading the full desktop YouTube, the search started having autocomplete options that covered up the search bar, and when I selected a video it loading a full version looking YouTube page and says:

"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

Clicking the "Get the..." link takes me to the full Adobe site, which doesn't jive with the tour.

When I go to browser options, all javascript options are enabled. Not sure why it started doing this. Anyone else have the same problem?

When I google "youtube mobile" from my phone instead, and it returns YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. as the result, it loads the full youtube page but with the red error bar that says "Invalid Parameters".

Any help?
    08-11-09 05:48 PM
    Change your browser ID to blackberry browser, it's in the browser settings, you probably have it set to Internet Explorer or Firefox
    Nope, it's on Blackberry. Thanks though.
    08-11-09 06:03 PM
    08-11-09 08:58 PM
    I get the same messages on mine as well. Youtube looks great on the Curve...small and grainy on my Tour so far
    08-13-09 12:56 AM
    Saw this post and thought to give it a try (I had not tried up until now). It does work for me and I tried various videos and all had no issues and no errors.
    08-13-09 10:30 AM
    m.youtube?
    08-13-09 10:33 AM
    I tried youtube for the first time last night and i get a message saying this video cannot not play on a mobile device. I had no problem with playing videos on my curve, how does my tour not work?
    08-13-09 10:35 AM
    have you tried using the vision app?
    08-13-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD