after clean wipe and fresh install of .983, here are my results:

1) I use MIQ to backup only contacts & calendar. after upgrade, i downloaded MIQ and restore my contacts. I could not access (meaning edit or open) contacts in which an email address was associated. Not sure if it was MIQ or not, so i did another wipe and restored my contacts from a previous backup through DM, and the DM displayed an error stating restore could not complete and that only 18 of my 72 contacts were restored. But... all my contacts were actually restored to my phone, but again, could not access contacts with email addresses. Also, the 18 of my 72 didn't have email addresses. Not resolved!

2) Took longer to charge, and shorter battery life... just not worth it. OS .419 to on average 30 minutes to charge and lasted about a day.

3) Sluggish performance... enough said.

I will be either downgrading to .419 which boots fast, great battery life, overall awesome, OR use verizon's .975 which takes longer to start, but i do get better signal even though i am using sprint.

Any thoughts on my contact issue? AND posts your upgrade results here! Thanks for listening
    11-13-10 08:50 AM
    There is already a sticked thread on .983, but FWIW I am getting a better signal with it than any previous OS and it seems fairly snappy. Boot times are slow though. The biggest problem is random reboots, which some including myself have been experiencing. None for me today but if it happens again I am going back to .484 hybrid OS. Not a fan of .975 for slow starts, OK signal and overall sluggishness.
    11-13-10 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD