IMHO, up until the Tour comes out, the Bold was/is definitely "it".

Everyone I know who has one raves about it...AT&T notwithstanding.
    07-03-09 09:19 AM
    Well my gf has the bold I have the storm soon to be tour, so I've read the specs on both played with the bold have yet to play with the tour, but..........I like the over all design of the tour better. The bold seems to be a chick kinda phone, probably why every chick celeb or 14yr old has one. As for the wifi capabilities who cares, honestly I think that capability is pointless....just my opinion. But ya camera is better screen sharpness is supposed to be better, like I said the design is a little more sleeker, and its a micro charger not a mini so if you're making the transition from a storm to tour its an easier one
    I'm female and I loved almost everything about the Bold I tried at AT&T store. But my take on the size was just the opposite, it felt big and clunky in my hands. Like it was made more for a guys hands (a big guy, ;D ). But that screen quality was impressive and the keyboard perfection. I zipped through a sample memo with zero errors. I've had my Curve for 6 mos. and still make too many errors. So I'm holding out for the Tour, will probably have to pay more than I want to but speaker is shot on my Curve (replaced midplate, so it's something inside phone further I guess). I am so hoping the Tour keyboard is more similar to Bold (tho reviews say it's slightly smaller). If it's close enough I would still be able to type far better than on my Curve.
    07-03-09 09:53 AM
    I like the idea of a more vibrant screen display and camera, as I use my camera a great deal.
    07-03-09 09:54 AM
    They both have their trade offs but I'd probably choose the tour.
    07-03-09 10:34 AM
    keep in mind I already know whats going to happen..

there will be many threads saying how much they love there new phone and its the bestest neatest things evva

then there will be a few people saying my tour broke this phone sucks rim sucks..

others will be like Man this phone blows..

then a flood of HOW to you install leaked os' and how to you clear your phone and reset..

how do you sync

then 4-6 months from now another phone is going to come out and people are going to say im leaving for that phone some of which will end up returning others will proceed to bash the tour and tell us how much they love there new phone..

this is the case in the last 3 phones I have seen come out ;/
    I think u got it spot on I have the bold and love it, and call me crazy I love at&t so un till the onyx comes out or something even better I could care less about the tour frankly I'm tired of hearing about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 10:44 AM
    I love my BOLD. Best phone I have ever used.
    07-03-09 10:48 AM
    Based on RIM's press release for this phone Mike Lazaridis has stated about the screen that the Tour "delivers the highest resolution available on a BlackBerry smartphone".

Source: http://crackberry.com/rim-introduces...our-smartphone
    (5th paragraph down)
    Once again, there are some people who prefer the Bold's larger sized screen over the resolution.

There is a reason I said "SOME" people may contend. It is because while the Tour's resolution is spec'd better, the Bold has more surface area.

Read up on the early reviews of the Curve from Crackberry and other sites like BGR. They mention how the Bold's screen still may win out because of its size.

EDIT:

The Bold and 8900 LCD basically goes right up against the outer case of the handsets, yet with the 9630, there’s a black bezel around the LCD. We would have loved for the screen to be a tiny bit bigger because as it is, the Bold is still reigning champion of BlackBerry screens, if only for size alone.
    Link

Now please stop repeating the resolution over and over guys.
    Last edited by gpgorbosjr; 07-03-09 at 10:57 AM.
    07-03-09 10:54 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD