The button that is circled and has a red HERE --> arrow pointing to it.... When you're on your home screen and not on a call, what should happen when you press that? Should it go into "standby"? Or should it just do nothing?
    Last edited by CaraP; 05-08-10 at 10:39 AM.
    05-08-10 10:22 AM
    If you are running an OS 5 build higher than .419, that key will do nothing. It functions now only as a mute key while in-call. If you are running .419 or below (or a 4.7 OS), then it will go into standby.

For builds above .419, the LEFT side top key now both locks and puts the phone into standby.

There are dozens of threads in the Tour forum that talk about this.
    05-08-10 10:42 AM
    For builds above .419, the LEFT side top key now both locks and puts the phone into standby.
    So on Sprint's 5.0.0.484, how do you get the phone into standby? Do you press the LEFT top key twice or something? Or does pressing it once put in into some keyboard-lock-standby-hybrid-mode? There's no separate

There are dozens of threads in the Tour forum that talk about this.
    I did a search before I posted this and could not find messages on this topic (perhaps because I would have needed to know that this was a new feature with OS 5 + to get accurate search results, whereas searching for various combinations of "tour, standby, mute, not working," etc. returned a whole slew of results saying to do a battery pull and then warranty swap if it still wasn't working). This would explain why the battery pull did not work.
    05-08-10 10:50 AM
    In the OS in question, the lock key (top left) will put the phone in a lock state that is basically the same as the old standby function. The mute key will do nothing unless you have media playing in the background or are on a call.

To get the functionality that the lock key used to provide, you will need to set a password, then use the lock icon, or press alt+enter.
    05-10-10 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD