I sound just fine on my tour.
    turned off the auto-volume and turned on the Treble boost before I recorded a voicemail to myself though.

Dm
    10-23-09 09:13 AM
    VOICE MUFFLE PROBLEM FOUND!

MAJOR DESIGN FLAW FOR THE LEFT-HANDED!!!

The voice muffle problem for the BlackBerry Tour is the location of the noise cancellation hole, which is a tiny hole located toward the top and on the left side of the phone. If you hold the phone to your LEFT ear, the noise cancellation hole will essentially be located behind your head and will interpret your voice as "ROOM NOISE" and cancel your voice causing "muffle".

SIMPLE TRICK!! SWITCH EARS!!! USE THE PHONE IN YOUR RIGHT HAND!

The noise cancellation hole will then be located toward the front of the phone and work like a charm. CRYSTAL CLEAR - NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE.

Can a software fix change the sensitivity of the noise cancellation for lefties? If not, there is no other choice but to use the phone in the right hand, or cup over the mic area to bounce your voice off your hand and back toward the noise cancellation hole. MAJOR FLAW FOR LEFTIES!!!
    A valiant effort, but now can you explain why my Tour sounds better when I hold it in my left hand?

When it comes right down to it, nobody has a good explanation for why this is happening. We're all trying random things, and getting varied success.

It honestly seems to me like it's a design flaw that that the carriers are just refusing to accept.
    10-23-09 09:21 AM
    I bet this is the same issues as those that posted in the "Car Bluetooth + Tour Issue... They can't hear me well" thread. I have had some issues with using my phone and also using the vehicle bluetooth. I think the OS upgrade was supposed to fix it. I upgraded last weekend and I have not had any complaints yet. Will do futher testing and let you know.
    10-23-09 09:44 AM
    Does anyone know if this sound quality issue is being addressed in the Tour2?

Thanks.
    12-01-09 10:53 PM
    All: My girlfriend went through a huge battle with Verizon about the muffled (incoming) call quality. This is without BT; just using the phone directly. They finally agreed to replace her Curve with a Bold and she found she had the same issues. After reading several of the posts on this forum I compared my Enhanced Audio settings to hers. I had Automatic Volume Control - Enabled, Phone Call Audio - Normal and Headset Call Audio - Normal. Hers were Disabled, Previous and Previous respectively. She switched all three settings to match mind and presto her muffled incoming call problem was resolved. So, maybe before you try other more elaborate fixes you might try this. Both our phones (Bold and Tour) sound clear on incoming and outgoing alike.
    07-08-10 08:12 AM
330 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD