Hi i bought my tour about a month ago from a sales rep (outside of bell mobility) therefore i have no warranty. I am now having trackball issues.. scrolling left to right is not working HOWEVER i can feel a rough spot when this occurs.. almost feels like something is stopping the ball from turning. Is this the usual case with the regular trackball problems or is this something different that can be addressed with a simple trackball cleaning from the inside?

Also is it best to replace with a curve trackball...have noticed a few threads talking about them but havent really seen a definitive answer..

Thanks guys
    09-30-09 05:36 PM
    Call VZW tech support and get a new phone.
    09-30-09 06:10 PM
    Try this first before going any further.

1) Press the lock button on the top of the phone
    2) Press the trackball in hard
    3) While holding down, roll ball left and right
    4) Unlock and test

May need to repeat more then once
    09-30-09 06:12 PM
    Call VZW tech support and get a new phone.
    The OP got the phone outside of Bell Mobility, not Verizon, and stated the phone has no warranty. This information will not assist the OP.
    09-30-09 06:13 PM
    Try this first before going any further.

1) Press the lock button on the top of the phone
    2) Press the trackball in hard
    3) While holding down, roll ball left and right
    4) Unlock and test

May need to repeat more then once
    Use a piece of clean sheet paper between your finger and the ball too. It will help clean it.

A lot of the folks complaining about their trackball issues have had that fix work for them. I do it once in a while just to keep it clean when it starts acting like yours and it fixes is very well. I work with my hands alot sooo, ultimately the ball is gonna get a bit of dirt and grime on it. That's life but there is a fix lol.
    09-30-09 06:15 PM
    almost feels like something is stopping the ball from turning. Is this the usual case with the regular trackball problems
    No. You may indeed be having the infamous Tour trackball problem, but it sounds like you just have something obstructing the ball. The Tours I played with that had no horizontal cursor movement on screen had no problems physically moving the trackball.
    09-30-09 08:02 PM
    Follow the above.
    Lock the phone, press in and roll it around hard. Use a clean, soft cloth and clean the trackball.
    Should help.
    09-30-09 08:11 PM
    THANKS A LOT GUYS!!!!! pressing it in and turning it as well as using the paper and cloth to clean the ball has seemed to do the trick....for now! haha annoying to do this every so often but i love the phone too much to give it up..

thanks again guys..appreciate it. Im sure you saved a painful teardown
    09-30-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD