I was having memory and battery issues so I reloaded the new OS. Now, I can not get the Yahoo mail icon back on my phone. I deleted the Gmail COD's because they supposedly cause a battery drain, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I have resent service books several times, and still nothing. Any suggestions?
    04-03-10 09:58 AM
    I was having memory and battery issues so I reloaded the new OS. Now, I can not get the Yahoo mail icon back on my phone. I deleted the Gmail COD's because they supposedly cause a battery drain, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I have resent service books several times, and still nothing. Any suggestions?
    Did you sign in to email setting on the device? with new bis that came down a few weeks ago, you have to go back into th email setting on the devise (the bb to bis interface on the device) and enter the account password. hope this helps.
    Last edited by nacho558; 04-03-10 at 10:04 AM. Reason: poor spelling!
    04-03-10 10:02 AM
    The icon for email changed. On my phone it looks like the messages icon but it has a little globe on it. I dunno why it's not the Yahoo one anymore. It was also hidden, so while in your menu uncheck hide all and it should appear.
    04-03-10 10:04 AM
    Well, I went in to the device email setup and chose send service books. Do you mean that I have to go in to the settings in there and put in the password? When I send service books I do get email confirmations for the three emails that I have on my device. Or do I have to do it to get the icon to show?
    04-03-10 10:05 AM
    I have 3 email folders on my Sprint Tour right now. They are my Yahoo email, my sprint blackberry email, and my work email. Only the Yahoo one used to have a specified Ymail icon, the others did not. Now they are all white envelopes with globes.
    04-03-10 10:07 AM
    as stilltipin87 said, i dont think yahoo mail gets its own special icon on os 5.0.
    04-03-10 10:09 AM
    Still no luck. Maybe I should try deleting the yahoo account and adding it again. Thoughts?
    04-03-10 10:11 AM
    Well, I have had the official since release day and it did have it's own icon. I reloaded the OS last night, and since then it hasn't shown up.
    04-03-10 10:12 AM
    Can anyone confirm that the yahoo email icon does or does not show up on the newest OS build?
    04-03-10 10:17 AM
    its not on mine, 9630/vzw/5.0.0.591
    04-03-10 10:19 AM
    downloaded 5.0 yesterday am from the dm. was running 4.7 previously...
    04-03-10 10:20 AM
    Thank you. And you DO use yahoo email?
    04-03-10 10:20 AM
    The Yahoo email icons will only show up as the generic icon if you are on .591. This has been confirmed by many users in other threads.
    04-03-10 11:35 AM
    Thank you Mama.
    04-03-10 11:49 AM
    Don't know if this will help but on my tour I'm running the latest official OS 5.0 from sprint and the yahoo email icon would show up sometimes after a battery pull and other times it wouldn't. I went into the email settings in the setup folder and clicked on my yahoo account and under login information for my yahoo account the password bar was blank. I put in my password and saved then went and resent the service books and the yahoo email icon appeared. Did the same thing for my friends tour and it worked as well. Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by unearthfan04; 04-24-10 at 02:03 AM.
    04-24-10 01:54 AM
    Don't know if this will help but on my tour I'm running the latest official OS 5.0 from sprint and the yahoo email icon would show up sometimes after a battery pull and other times it wouldn't. I went into the email settings in the setup folder and clicked on my yahoo account and under login information for my yahoo account the password bar was blank. I put in my password and saved then went and resent the service books and the yahoo email icon appeared. Did the same thing for my friends tour and it worked as well. Hope this helps

This upgrade has been a nightmare.

I followed your instructions and I did get a successful activation message but no Yahoo icon. When and looked back inside email set up and low and behold the password field is blank again.
    04-30-10 10:07 PM
    The icon was hidden................

To Show All and Unhide Apps:

Menu
    Show All
    Find the Icon you hid and hover on it
    Menu
    Uncheck Hide
    04-30-10 10:24 PM
    The icon was hidden................

To Show All and Unhide Apps:

Menu
    Show All
    Find the Icon you hid and hover on it
    Menu
    Uncheck Hide
    were able to see the yahoo icon after this? I use quickpull on my tour to for rests and most of the time the icon comes back. Not always though. Seems to vary with some people. This is one of those minor things that's not a huge deal but is annoying. I hope it get fixed.

05-04-10 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD