I have a different twist on this inability to delete the call back number issue. My wife has a Verizon 9630 that I've unlocked and rebuilt with 5.0.0.1030 and run as a Rogers BIS device. The call back number that appears after a battery pull is the previous owner's old Verizon number. She can enter nothing or her cell number and still on a restart, her brother's old number reappears. Is Verizon still pushing stuff to this devise when it reconnects or is there some deep level memory of the original number issued to the phone? The SIM number is of course correct. Such an odd issue, I'd like to fix.
    01-09-11 10:05 PM
    Since the Tour is a CDMA device you may have to go into the programming portion and change the number that has been programmed into the phone. You can try to type ##000000 and enter.

If this does not bring you into another menu you will need to contact Verizon and convince them to give you the MSL (Master Subsidy Lock) code. If you can get into the options then change the phone numbers to her current Rogers one. This should fix the callback number.

This worked for a friend of mine who I gave my Bell Blackberry Tour 9630 to use on Rogers
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 01-09-11 at 10:13 PM.
    01-09-11 10:10 PM
    I didn't see where you mentioned that you went into Options/SMS Text and changed the number there.
    01-10-11 11:59 AM
    Thanks guys. Yes I did make changes to the Options/SMS Text number several times using all the leads I could find. The new number sticks until we do a battery pull, then the old number comes back. I tried leaving the space blank and a few other attempts I've found mentioned on various forums and got the same results. All the efforts I see posted relate to just trying to make the call back number go away. My wife's fine with it being there and seeing others numbers. I'll give aznlgcy's ##000000 ENTER a try when I get home. I was afraid this would be related to CDMA bios coding and that I might have to go to Verizon for help. Knowing what I really need (the Master Subsidy Lock code) will be very helpful. I can't imagine they'd give me the time of day regarding this device but the bro-in-law was the PO and I'm sure I can get him to give them a call.
    01-10-11 07:19 PM
    Nope ##000000 enter just advances the cursor to the next field. Saving the settings leaves this code in place. A battery pull returns the unwanted old number. My wife received a calendar notification from her brother's account (to not forget the gym bag) so there appears to still be a lot of old code still resident in the bowels of the CDMA core. Time to talk to bro-in-law...

On the bright side, WAR EAGLE!
    class of '82
    01-11-11 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD