Ok, I have sprint, I have the instinct, and it will basically will not charge. I have tried everything possible, I have even had it replaced twice in the last two months! I want the bb tour REALLY badly...but I do not want to pay full price. I have heard stories where ppl will call a certain # for sprint and they wil send it to them for free!? Is this possible?

Thanks guys...
    09-13-09 04:34 PM
    Is it the same problem for both replacements (not charging)
    09-13-09 04:46 PM
    I know with ATT if you have issues with your phone and go through warranty exchange, on the 3rd or 4th exchange they will usually offer you a different phone of equal or greater value and/or a phone they feel is adequate to replace the one you have.
    09-13-09 04:46 PM
    Are you sure youre not doing something unknowingly that is somehow messing with the charging port and not trying to just scam your way upto a free Tour?
    09-13-09 04:48 PM
    Is it the same problem for both replacements (not charging)
    Yup. All three of my instinct will not charge.
    09-13-09 05:11 PM
    Are you sure youre not doing something unknowingly that is somehow messing with the charging port and not trying to just scam your way upto a free Tour?
    Not that I am aware of. I just am tired of my phone not charging.
    09-13-09 05:13 PM
    well..
    you have to think to yourself...
    why would they give it to me for free? Why would Sprint be out of pocket 600 bucks.
    First off, your Instinct is made by Samsung and is roughly worth 400$.
    Do you think the hardships are worth 200 bucks..

Thats like saying I bought a Cavalier, it's been in the shop twice now, do you think Chevy will give you a Cadillac STS?

Probably not.
    09-13-09 05:34 PM
    Hmmm well a like story.

Mt pops has burned through 3 LG Versa's and the issue is that calls continue to drop in an area he had great reception in with a prior vzw cell. They have now offered to upgrade him to a BB for FREE. Also cause he can't let his son have a better cell than he.

So yes, it is more than likely that you will get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 05:42 PM
    They might give you a discount but they are not going to give you a Tour for free, it isn't a equal value.

09-13-09 06:11 PM
    They may let you get it for the promo price for new customers but thats about it.
    09-13-09 06:15 PM
    I am a sprint customer and I have found that when they try to resolve issues they will often offer u the unit you want. Often for no charge

09-13-09 06:39 PM
    I was able to get a free tour. Check out this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/an...sprint-312009/.
    09-13-09 11:40 PM
    I am a premier business customer and I was abl to get 3 free new Tours and 4 new exclaims along with a free Mifi. Unfortunately this came after getting jacked-around by an ***** that screwed up my accounts in customer retentions. It was a lot of hassle, but it seems to be worth it (waiting for my bill to be straightened out).
    It's worth noting that I had been with Sprint for 5 years though.
    09-14-09 12:19 AM
    people are always trying to get something for nothing....blows my mind...
    09-14-09 05:19 AM
    I don't see you getting the Tour for free. To be honest, why would you get it for free when new customers have to pay for one?
    09-14-09 08:31 AM
    people are always trying to get something for nothing....blows my mind...
    Not sure if you're referring to me or not, but I was not trying to get something for nothing. I had approached retentions since I was tryloy ready to drop all sixteen lines I had down to 8. Verizon was sporting some god deals. The guy in retentions promised me the world, then just suddenly went away.
    I was about to drop all lines and move to verizon when I got call from a small business rep. she said I will be the only person she has to deal with. she looked at the crm record(s) and offered me all of the equipment for free and a discount on my bill.
    Frankly it was the right thing to do given the amount of time i got jacked around.
    09-23-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD