I am in no way a new BB user but I am new to the forums. I have been coming to Crackberry since inception and never miss a day of knowledge.

Anyway the reason for this thread I feel to be important to new and acomplished BB users... I am coming off a Curve 8330 from Alltel and loved it and of course when they merged with Verizon I went over on launch day and bought a new Tour and 2 year VZ contract.
    Of course I came home and charged the battery, Only had to wait from the time I walked in to Verizon until leaving an hour because I made an appt. with a particular rep. Everything went smooth.

After charging my battery and going through ALL of my settings to redo my ringtones, my profiles and and my email( I like to seperate my folders to easily see if I am receving a text, email or other). I set my daily alarm to remind me when to clock in at work and redid my calender with important dates.

I then downloaded app world and from there 4 of my favorite apps that I can't live without... Weathreye, Viigo, Vlingo and my banking.
    After this I tweaked a few more settings to conserve battery power and by that time played with my browser and redid my home page to Google.

After all this you can imagine a battery getting low and warm so I shut off my phone but not before calling my 2 best buds and tell them about my latest aquistion and naturally gloat as they then decided to hang up and headed to VZ themseves...LOL

I then recharged my phone, installed my new 5.0 desktop software and immediatly hooked up my phone to find immediate updates to the device and installed them and did my first backup.

Now I of course logged on to Crackberry and read many disturbing things from new and old users here about complaints they were already having with their new Tour even up to right now... Anything you can imaging including the dreaded loose battery door.

I have to give credit where it is due with the fella on here who had the pics and post to fix the battery door with Nexcare 3M which I found to be the only small problem and did the same as him and now my Tour is fine.

The only other issuse I had was with the ride side key that defauls to the camera that was not working for me so I posted a thread asking for help... Thank you to those who answered me and told me how it worked as the auto focus and that I had to press hard on the button and not lightly like I was. Now that I followed their advice I am totally happy but the battery power could be better and imagine this phone no different then the monthly patches the Microsodt issues for their OS.

I am sure being a brand new device available to the public now since Sunday that RIM will surely issue updates and resolve known issues.

This did not turn out to be such a long post but new or old you can always learn something on here and I think that all new Tour owners should be patient and get to know this new great device as I have become to learn it, Condition your battery and use your device and enjoy it.

Peace to all and I am sure happy to be part of the Crackberry family of forums.

Thanks if you read my entire ramblings!!
    07-16-09 06:57 PM
    good post! Enjoy your tour!
    07-16-09 07:01 PM
    I love my Tour so much. It is perfection by definition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 08:19 PM
    Thanks for sharing.
    07-16-09 08:54 PM
    Enjoy it!!
    07-16-09 08:55 PM
    Have fun. I'm definitely enjoying this phone.
    07-16-09 09:03 PM
    ...This did not turn out to be such a long post ...
    Is it not a long post?

No problems, good review and glad you love your Tour.
    07-16-09 09:08 PM
    haha quick question can I only update my Tour from the desktop software?
    07-16-09 09:13 PM
    Couldn't agree more. Enjoy your Tour!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 09:17 PM
    Right on, I really like my Tour so far, give it a minute guys, it just came out last Sunday, seriously...
    07-16-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD