Right now I am dealing with horrible screen ripple on my Tour. After closer inspection, the screen is ALWAYS rippling. How do I know this? Under certain background colors (dark blue and gray), I can actually see waves going up and down the screen at all times. I am not exaggerating...

Anyway, could anyone who has a refurbished Tour please chime in on the condition of your device? Is it practically new, physically speaking? The last thing I want to happen is to receive a Tour with some sort of physical defect that I won't be able to take my eyes off.

Thanks for the feedback!
    12-01-09 04:52 PM
    Right now I am dealing with horrible screen ripple on my Tour. After closer inspection, the screen is ALWAYS rippling. How do I know this? Under certain background colors (dark blue and gray), I can actually see waves going up and down the screen at all times. I am not exaggerating...

Anyway, could anyone who has a refurbished Tour please chime in on the condition of your device? Is it practically new, physically speaking? The last thing I want to happen is to receive a Tour with some sort of physical defect that I won't be able to take my eyes off.

Thanks for the feedback!
    With any type of device, the word Refurbished to the manufacturer means Set Back To Factory Standards, they come fresh in sealed boxes with plastic on the screen and camera just like a brand new one. I would not hesitate to take a refurbished anything.
    12-01-09 04:58 PM
    I like refurbished phones a lot more then brand new phones..
    12-01-09 05:00 PM
    I have one and it works just fine. Just as good as my first one was when it was new.
    12-01-09 05:01 PM
    I like refurbished phones a lot more then brand new phones..
    Why is that?
    12-01-09 05:06 PM
    Why is that?
    I have had 0 problems with any refub phone I have ever got. Seems like they pay more attention to refurbs making sure they are 100% before sending them out unlike brand new devices that havent been tested before being sent out
    12-01-09 05:11 PM
    I have had 0 problems with any refub phone I have ever got. Seems like they pay more attention to refurbs making sure they are 100% before sending them out unlike brand new devices that havent been tested before being sent out
    Did your refurb have any scratches or general physical problems?
    12-01-09 05:20 PM
    Did your refurb have any scratches or general physical problems?
    no. any scartches or phyiscal problems with the phone are fixed and or replaced before there sent out. The phones look brand new. If you put a brand new phone and a refurb side by side, you can't tell a difference
    12-01-09 05:22 PM
    no. any scartches or phyiscal problems with the phone are fixed and or replaced before there sent out. The phones look brand new. If you put a brand new phone and a refurb side by side, you can't tell a difference
    Alright, sounds good. I think I'm going to do it...thanks for everyone's help!
    12-01-09 05:25 PM
    Alright, sounds good. I think I'm going to do it...thanks for everyone's help!
    I would take a refurbished unit as well, just that I've noticed with older devices I owned that weren't PDA, were not assembled together very well, with obvious creeks, and consistently bad keyboard/dial-pad feel for some reason! Now, I've never had a refurbished BlackBerry though, so I can't really speak for it. So I guess as long as the refurbished phone is being worked on by a trained tech at RIM, it really should be just as good as a new unit of the same kind.

Presumably, refurbished BlackBerry are dealt with by RIM themselves, right??
    12-01-09 05:31 PM
    Just got off the phone with CS. I've got a refurb Tour going out tomorrow with next day shipping, coming Thursday! The lady I spoke to told me that most refurbs come from stores who used those devices to show customers the Tour only when the display units weren't working. Let's hope mine is almost new!
    12-01-09 08:03 PM
    Just got my refurb delivered. Not going to lie, it really does feel like a new device! No more screen ripple! Battery door is also snug as I expected. The one thing I do notice, however, is that the trackball seems a little more recessed. Not sure why...Oh well, I'm glad I finally went ahead and got a decent device.
    12-03-09 05:21 PM
    Just got my refurb delivered. Not going to lie, it really does feel like a new device! No more screen ripple! Battery door is also snug as I expected. The one thing I do notice, however, is that the trackball seems a little more recessed. Not sure why...Oh well, I'm glad I finally went ahead and got a decent device.
    good to hear! see, we dont lie here about the refurbs! I love them!
    12-03-09 06:02 PM
    I Just Recently Came From A Storm And After 11 Month's Upgraded To A Tour, I've Never Heard Of This Screen Ripple Thing On The Tour, Can Anyone Show Me Or Tell Me How Does It Look Like?
    12-03-09 06:10 PM
    I Just Recently Came From A Storm And After 11 Month's Upgraded To A Tour, I've Never Heard Of This Screen Ripple Thing On The Tour, Can Anyone Show Me Or Tell Me How Does It Look Like?
    it used to be on the early modle Tours when they were first released which has been corrected for a long time now.

the early Tours had a screen ripple in the corners of the screen if you were to push down the trackball, or hit the send key and end key. The ripped looked like when it does if you push down on your screen a little bit, but it used to ripple without even touching the screen. That was in the past though and no longer a problem.
    12-03-09 06:17 PM
    Thanks mjbesen!

And to Tanner, chances of you getting a Tour with screen ripple are slim to none. That issue was fixed a while ago and can only be found on early model Tours released in July and early August.
    12-03-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD