im looking to get a new blackberry and was wondering if i should go ahead and get the tour now or wait for the release of the storm 2...any suggestions?
    10-21-09 09:11 PM
    1. We have no idea when the S2 is coming out....despite what ANYone here tells you.

2. Once it does come out, who knows what problems there will be with it.

3. Ever owned a touchscreen device before? Some people don't like them, in which case, that would answer your own question.

If you were to get a Tour now...you'd love it.
    10-21-09 09:13 PM
    1. We have no idea when the S2 is coming out....despite what ANYone here tells you.

2. Once it does come out, who knows what problems there will be with it.

3. Ever owned a touchscreen device before? Some people don't like them, in which case, that would answer your own question.

If you were to get a Tour now...you'd love it.
    yeah i have a touch screen phone now, but the only reason i would wait for the storm 2 is because wifi but im not sure if that is really that important...
    10-21-09 09:16 PM
    I've never understood the big attraction to WIFI. You have an unlimited data plan on Verizon. The WIFI is great if you're in an area where there isn't great service.
    10-21-09 09:19 PM
    Just get the Tour, trust me. As a past Storm owner, and knowing the Storm2 is more of an update than a new phone, just go with the Tour. Now is a perfect time to get this.
    10-21-09 09:22 PM
    I've never understood the big attraction to WIFI. You have an unlimited data plan on Verizon. The WIFI is great if you're in an area where there isn't great service.
    very true, this is gonna be my first blackberry ever so im trying to research both and figure out which would be the best option...is the tour fast when switching from one thing to another like going from e-mail to a game or to something else or is it laggy?
    10-21-09 09:23 PM
    Who knows how the storm2 will be. But I can say the Tour is a great phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 12:34 AM
    The tour with the rollerball and physical keyboard is a true classic bb. If carriers weren't an issue I'd say get the Bold 2. Who gives a crap about the wifi.. I don't miss it or need it on my verizon tour, everything works flawlessly.
    10-22-09 05:24 AM
    I've never understood the big attraction to WIFI.
    When I am on the phone at home (which this is my only phone) I could still get my data services working. Also, in my basement where there is no service, could still use data there.
    10-22-09 06:39 AM
    Why are you using your phone in the basement? Serial Killers do that sort of thing

Just kidding ..............but really? Is that necessary?
    10-22-09 06:47 AM
    You mentioned games. If this an important part of your smartphone experience you might want to do a little looking into what games are available for the Tour, and the storm since the S2 isn't out yet. I've never had the misfortune of owning the storm so I don't know if the games for it are any good or not. I do know there isn't a whole lot of games that are entertaining (for me at least) for the Tour.
    If games aren't that big of a deal, definitely grab the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 07:06 AM
    I just got a Tour (yesterday) and I am in love with it. I just switched from the env2 and the Tour is supreme compared to it. I went with the Tour because I hate touch screens. My husband has the voyager and I hate it when I have to look something up in his phone.
    10-22-09 07:16 AM
    The Tour is a much better phone then a Storm. As a past Storm user, I could never go back into another storm ever again.

The Tour however is the best Blackberry I have had so far and I love it!
    10-22-09 07:41 AM
    the tour is the s***! and only $50 on amazon wireless! (for new users) $75 for existing
    10-22-09 10:09 AM
    Go for the Tour NOW!!! I am not a fan of the touch screens... and besides...if you keep waiting for something better to come out....you will never stop waiting... The Tour is AWESOME!!!
    10-22-09 10:35 AM
    im looking to get a new blackberry and was wondering if i should go ahead and get the tour now or wait for the release of the storm 2...any suggestions?
    It's largely dependent if you prefer a touchscreen or a physical qwerty keyboard. These should weigh into your decision making process. But the Tour is good to go now; bear in mind that the S2 will more than likely have it's share of problems for early adopters much like the Tour did.
    10-22-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD