Ok serious question here. My wife and I currently have the blackberry curves, and have been quite happy with them, though there are some def. improvements that could be made (internet browser for one). A couple weeks ago I purchased a lightly used storm from ebay, but when I received it, it had a screen defect and my local verizon graciously exchanged it under mfg. warranty. I really liked some of the functions of the storm, but, the downsides outweighed the positives (screen flickering, slow, lock ups, resetting daily, memory leaks ect.)

I recently went into verizon and messed with the tour. It seemed like a upgraded curve with some nice features. But i come to you guys who have the tour, and who have possibly came from a curve to get some real world opinions.

So is it worth the money/upgrade? Right now verizon is offering a Buy one get one. So i could get two tour's, one for the wife and one for me for $149 after rebate.
    08-25-09 05:55 PM
    Yes. It's worth it.
    08-25-09 06:07 PM
    Yes. Go for it! I came from a curve and love my tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 06:14 PM
    Came from a curve and love the tour. Go for it.

08-25-09 06:19 PM
    {color=red} I luv my tour as well : ) {/color}

08-25-09 06:19 PM
    Is it me or is there a new thread every day where someone asks the same question?

I wish the mods would sticky a thread for people thinking about upgrading from their Curves and Pearls. All it would need to say is:

IT'S CALLED AN UPGRADE FOR A REASON

If you want to spend money to get a better phone, then do it. If you are happy with the Curve and would rather not spend money then don't. The Tour is better in every way, if that's the answer you're looking for.

$149.99 for two Tours is a steal
    08-25-09 06:37 PM
    If you can afford to pass up the buy-on-get-one, I'd say wait for the Storm 2 to come out and see if you like it better. There's nothing worse than making a big purchase like this, only to have a better deal come along > 30days after your purchase.

My wife and I switched over from Alltel and got a new Tour (for me) and Curve (for her). Of course, just over a month later the BOGO deal comes out! I'm actually kind of pissed.
    08-25-09 06:44 PM
    If you can afford to pass up the buy-on-get-one, I'd say wait for the Storm 2 to come out and see if you like it better. There's nothing worse than making a big purchase like this, only to have a better deal come along > 30days after your purchase.

My wife and I switched over from Alltel and got a new Tour (for me) and Curve (for her). Of course, just over a month later the BOGO deal comes out! I'm actually kind of pissed.
    Having already used the Storm, he should already have a feel for which form factor he prefers.
    08-25-09 06:46 PM
    thanks for the input. Yes, I know the storm 2 is coming out. I prefer the qwerty. Thanks again for the input.
    08-25-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD