Yay! After two months, and countless replacements, I finally have a Tour that works. I want to my nearest Sprint repair store and they told me they are replacing Tours no questions asked with newly manufactured ones.

The trackball works! But seriously, RIM needs to own up to this more, putting so many through so much hassle. I doubt I will be getting a Blackberry next time I replace my phone.

Anyways, for all you Sprint users suffering out there, go get a new one!
    09-16-09 11:08 AM
    Was this a 'brand new' phone in the same type of box as your original, or a white boxed phone of mysterious origins with various dots only discernable by the non-color-blind?
    09-16-09 11:42 AM
    I just did the same yesterday....got a working trackball tour, YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY! wow, didn't know what a diff. fully functional trackball was like! I went into store, they tried fixing it, they were unable. I asked for a new one and he said all of the in stock phones in stores have bad trackballs(meaning the MFG date on the box is prior to 020809)....you gotta get a box that says MFG date of on or after 020809. He had to order it from the warehouse! Mine was brand new out of box.

battery door is still bit loose, didn't notice any screen ripples YET, but trackball works. One thing I did notice is that trackball and the keypads are bit more "recessed".
    09-16-09 01:11 PM
    Had my newest one for 2 days now and the trackball is fantastic! Can't feel the grittiness that the other Tours had. Plus it was unlocked out of the box. I'm a happy camper! Regular box btw, not a white one.
    Last edited by pvonwedel; 09-16-09 at 01:32 PM.
    09-16-09 01:29 PM
    yes i finally have a working tour also. went to the sprint repair saturday and my new one was here monday. its a big noticable difference in the trackball feel and movement. the keys are more recessed and the back door is tight. i can finally use my tour like i want..

another satisfied crackberry
    09-16-09 01:30 PM
    same here. The new one I got was 8/28/09 and it is working great so far (keeping fingers crossed)
    09-16-09 01:53 PM
    I broke down and called telesales - they are sending me a 3rd Tour. The 2nd one was ok, I fixed the battery door and trackball was much better than the 1st (which was atrocious). Still, the outgoing calls are muffled and I had to set the vertical trackball sensitivity to a 100% - but it feels grainy and poorly responsive still. My latest build was 7/14 - will see what Telesales sends my way.
    09-16-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD