ok so i just called and got a replacement phone being sent to me for my tour. its going to be brand new. Heres my question, the rep said shes billing my account another 199+tax to my account until they receive the faulty device.....so wouldn't it make sense for me to sell the new one coming for about retail and just let her charge me for the new one? and make 300 off of it? haha if there are vzw reps here that can answer my question as to if they dont receive my faulty phone back, will that charge turn into full retail?

sry if that doesnt make sense i can clear it up if nobody understood it. THX!
    07-26-09 11:48 AM
    you bet it will.. because they will not let you have 2 at the subsidized price..
    07-26-09 11:50 AM
    Are you expecting someone to pay $500 for a broken phone?
    07-26-09 11:51 AM
    if you return the broken one, they will credit you the 200 bucks. it's just a hold on your account until you send them the broken unit. after you send the broken one back though, you could sell the tour for near retail and pocket the 500. then you would need a phone though...
    07-26-09 11:58 AM
    yeah, i mean i would keep both phones...would they let me have both of them? basically im asking would the hold price they put for 217 be changed to full retail if they dont get their faulty phone back?

and answering the person asking am i gonna sell the broken phone for 500...no id be selling the brand new one. my phone only has some minor problems i could live with. Im hoping they have a new batch of tours they'll be sending me since its coming directly from the warehouse
    07-26-09 12:04 PM
    Ah, you might ought to reconsider this line of reasoning. Eventually, if your current phone isn't returned, Verizon will amend your account, and charge you the full retail price of the second phone. They don't care if you have both phones, but one will be for a 2 year contract and the 2nd one will be full retail.
    Good luck.
    07-26-09 12:13 PM
    And this assumes that an unreturned phone isn't eventually marked as lost or stolen preventing it from being activated on another account - making whoever bought your phone very grumpy.
    07-26-09 12:21 PM
    I've never seen this on any of my faulty phones.
    The warranty exchanges have always been sent to me with the agreement that if the faulty phone is not returned in 30 days my account would be charged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 12:41 PM
    VzW is so stupid? Sounds like you're the one with faulty logic, stop trying to steal from the Company and just return the phone. You thiink Verizon hasn't thought of this?
    07-26-09 12:53 PM
    If you don't return one of the phones to them you WILL be charged full retail. No going around it. The 200 is just a hold.

Let me be clear. You will be charged FULL retail if you do not return the other phone.

Sounds like verizon was rather smart on that move.

07-26-09 12:57 PM
    yea that rep was wrong, they will bill your account full retail, and if you dont return it they will not credit your account the money back. so if you dont return it look forward to paying $489.
    07-26-09 01:22 PM
    No they bill your account the 2 year price but if the phone isn't returned it turns into a full retail charge.
    07-26-09 01:25 PM
    VzW is so stupid? Sounds like you're the one with faulty logic, stop trying to steal from the Company and just return the phone. You thiink Verizon hasn't thought of this?
    wow, i def appreciate you being so kind with your words. Def crackberry master worthy. I was saying this is what iw as told by the rep but now that i've gotten my answer, thanks so much everybody. i appreciate it. was just a simple question.
    07-27-09 12:06 AM
    I work for VZW anthats exactly what they will do.......FULL RETAIL
    07-27-09 12:10 AM
    ok thanx sharra. i was waiting for someone who works there. i apprpeciate it. listen....i also unlocked my phone. do you know if i can transfer teh same unlock code to the new one? how would i go about this? or do i have to pay and get it done all over again?
    07-27-09 12:12 AM
    Return the broken phone or pay the price of full retail

07-27-09 12:15 AM
    So you would sell you "faulty" phone to someone for full retail? Wow. Some people... if it wasn't good enough for you to use why would you expect someone else to want it at full price?
    07-27-09 09:08 AM
    oh boy 20 pages
    07-27-09 09:12 AM
    ok thanx sharra. i was waiting for someone who works there. i apprpeciate it. listen....i also unlocked my phone. do you know if i can transfer teh same unlock code to the new one? how would i go about this? or do i have to pay and get it done all over again?
    You shouldn't have to pay to unlock the phone
    07-27-09 09:15 AM
    Call Global Services and they'll unlock your Tour for free.
    07-27-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD