In anyone's opinion, what is the best/cheapest way to get the new Tour from Verizon without having the upgrade or new customer discount? Could it be adding a line and then canceling? Buying the phone outright? I saw somewhere that the Tour will be $599.95 if I buy it outright. Just curious and looking to maybe save a hundred or couple hundred dollars.

Thanks.
    06-16-09 08:52 AM
    That's the million dollar question. A lot of us are going to be paying full retial. No one knows the official price yet. Best guess is in the 500-600 range. Just put up 600 and you should be good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 12:56 PM
    In anyone's opinion, what is the best/cheapest way to get the new Tour from Verizon without having the upgrade or new customer discount? Could it be adding a line and then canceling? Buying the phone outright? I saw somewhere that the Tour will be $599.95 if I buy it outright. Just curious and looking to maybe save a hundred or couple hundred dollars.

Thanks.
    Well if you do the math you can add a line. Get it at the $199-$249 price. Then you can cancel the line and pay the $175 termination fee for that line. That equals to $424 (assuming the phone cost $249) compared to a probable $599 retail price! 599-424=$175 saving.... Im not sure if that would work but it is a possible idea! I can't see why not...
    06-16-09 01:05 PM
    it wont be more than $600
    06-16-09 01:14 PM
    That's a good idea. I wonder if that would work...

06-16-09 01:17 PM
    How does Verizon do line cancellations? Bell Canada wanted to charge me $300 to cancel a line with data access, early so there would be no savings on my end doing the new line cancel deal, you would definitely want to talk to a Rep and find out all the penalties for your area and the types of plans you could get the deal with Verizon with.
    06-16-09 01:17 PM
    its 175 - 5 bucks a month of service for verizon to cancel..
    06-16-09 02:01 PM
    How long is left in your contract? Every month you have continued service in your contract take off 5 dollars from the 175 cancelation fee. If you are on a storm I'm guessing you're not too far into the contract. you're better off just waiting till your annual upgrade. Not to mention storm 2 should be out by then and its suppose to have wifi.

06-16-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD