I recently started using gmail for email and contacts. When I do a wireless Sync, my contacts get mixed up and numbers end up under the wrong names. Does anyone know why or how to fix this?
    11-24-09 02:44 PM
    I wasn't even under the impression this was active yet.... I use google sync anyway...
    11-24-09 02:45 PM
    I wasn't even under the impression this was active yet.... I use google sync anyway...
    I'm using google apps. Using my own domain with google mail.
    11-24-09 02:52 PM
    I'm using google apps. Using my own domain with google mail.
    Gotcha. I was confusing this with the BIS sync that is supposedly coming soon. It is showing up in BIS currently, but not functional.
    11-24-09 02:53 PM
    I use google sync with my google apps account. Go to m.google.com, download sync, and sign in with your google apps email address. Simple as that, and it will sync your calendar too if you like

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 03:38 PM
    I use google sync with my google apps account. Go to m.google.com, download sync, and sign in with your google apps email address. Simple as that, and it will sync your calendar too if you like

I did all that. The only problem is the contacts get mixed up when sync.
    11-24-09 03:41 PM
    Ah.... I misunderstood. Perhaps this will fix the problem:
    Go to gSync. BB key-options-bb key- reset contacts sync. Give that a shot and see what happens

11-24-09 03:46 PM
    I think I found the problem. I was using the app and also had the sync contacts checked from with my bis page. So I unchecked it and used the app and it seems to be working fine.

11-25-09 06:20 AM

But unfortunately, it it will NOT sync the birthdays and anniversaries from Google Contacts to your BB. This is one of the features we're all waiting for in BIS 3.0 (hopefully before the rumored date of March 2010). The only completely "accurate" sync right now of contacts is a "wired" one.
    11-25-09 06:29 AM
    I'm having similar problems on my newly bought 9700; can I do the same or is the os different? I'm a total bb newbie and this is extremely frustrating. I found this discussion through a 'search.' Thanks.
    11-29-09 10:24 PM
    I'm having similar problems on my newly bought 9700; can I do the same or is the os different? I'm a total bb newbie and this is extremely frustrating. I found this discussion through a 'search.' Thanks.
    You can most certainly use Google Sync for your Google Calendar and Contacts, but read this entire post to understand the limitations (for now) that should be rectified when BIS 3.0 releases hopefully in March 2010.
    11-29-09 10:28 PM
    But unfortunately, it it will NOT sync the birthdays and anniversaries from Google Contacts to your BB. This is one of the features we're all waiting for in BIS 3.0 (hopefully before the rumored date of March 2010). The only completely "accurate" sync right now of contacts is a "wired" one.
    I got around this by manually creating all-day events for birthdays on my google cal, and setting them to recur yearly. Then again, I'm only doing it for a few dozen family and friends, not a zillion and three business contacts... just an idea.

Go to the email setup app on your phone. Delete your gmail account(s) and re-add them. Make sure you DO NOT CHECK the contact sync option. Use Google Sync, in my opinion it is the best option currently available for Gmail/google apps contact sync.
    11-29-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD