Hey everyone!

I'm incredibly excited to head back to Blackberry after about 9 months of exile with a Samsung Omnia. My question is: What software, if any, should I use to import all my contacts from Windows Mobile 6.1 to Blackberry?

if no software, any special tricks you guys know?
    07-12-09 07:06 PM
    Um, just have them do it at the verizon store , either that or upload to an exchange server and do it that way
    07-12-09 07:08 PM
    maybe sync your winmo device with your outlook if you can and then sync the blackberry with outlook via desktop manager afterwards ?
    07-12-09 07:10 PM
    ok, I'll try it at the verizon store, thanks guys
    07-12-09 07:18 PM
    Just use the device switch wizard in DM
    07-12-09 07:22 PM
    Hey everyone!

I'm incredibly excited to head back to Blackberry after about 9 months of exile with a Samsung Omnia. My question is: What software, if any, should I use to import all my contacts from Windows Mobile 6.1 to Blackberry?

if no software, any special tricks you guys know?

Your BEST bet is to use Active Sync on your device and back up your data to either Outlook or ThunderBird or some other Address book (even gmail )

then use Desktop Manager to Sync that content to your New BlackBerry.

that will be the solution that provides the least hassel
    07-12-09 07:28 PM
    I had my old WinMo set up to use Active Sync to connect to Gmail for contacts and Google Calender. Was a simple step to sync it with my new Tour.
    07-12-09 07:31 PM
    Thanks Fizzle and Rusett, I will definitely try using activesync. I figured that would be a good option, but just wanted to throw the question out there for any other opinions.

I am SO jealous of all you and your tours! I cannot wait to be rid of Windows Mobile and the constant need to check for the latest custom rom that ALMOST succeeds in making the phone a stable and useable platform
    07-12-09 07:34 PM
    Ill take your windows mobile device
    07-12-09 07:51 PM
    Lol I'm considering using my Omnia as a standalone camera, as it is actually very fun for that purpose (panorama is just awesome), but if you really want to get rid of your Storm, PM me and we'll see what we can decide
    07-12-09 07:54 PM
    Thanks Fizzle and Rusett, I will definitely try using activesync. I figured that would be a good option, but just wanted to throw the question out there for any other opinions.

I am SO jealous of all you and your tours! I cannot wait to be rid of Windows Mobile and the constant need to check for the latest custom rom that ALMOST succeeds in making the phone a stable and useable platform
    I am feeling your pain. I flashed my Diamond well over 50 times. Now am in the process to see what I need to do to get my contacts transfered over. I had been using a Microsoft sever where it sucks up all your contacts, makes any changes the need be done for storage. So if you reinstall the OS whithin minutes you cave have you contacts back. (This may not sound as good as it actually is. I got to the point I was flashing the phone from the phone. So no PC to sync with. very very convient)

What I am looking for is a very very stable phone with no issues. Look like the best way is by using outlook and RIM's software to do it.
    07-12-09 08:03 PM
    haha, Boom, it's comforting to know there are others out there just like myself! At first the idea of flashing my own roms sounded appealing with the level of customization and personalization involved, however, by the 30th or 40th attempt at getting the Auto-keyboard correct to stop spelling "Yugoslavia" everytime I missed 1 letter of the word "you," I am just about ready to throw my phone off a bridge (if I do, I'll definitely upload to Youtube for your enjoyment!).

Very much looking forward to having a phone with an OS that works, a battery that will allow me to use the phone to its potential and at least last a day (no luxurious car-chargers for my Motorcycle...) Basically, I am about to pee myself in anxiety!

..Just realized there was no point in my post, but... GO RIM! just give me threaded messaging and a stable OS and you will have a happy customer!
    07-12-09 08:14 PM
    I recently set up my contacts to save in my gmail account. so now when i switched to the blackberry i downloaded google sync for blackberry at m.google.com and it automatically transferred my contacts and calendar entries over to my tour...it also does a 2-way sync automatically so when a change is made on either side it auto updates...pretty cool...

i'm coming from the diamond and feel your pain...flashing a new rom all the time sucks...

now if we could only get threaded text messages....haha
    07-12-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD