Now that it looks like we got ourselves a winner of an OS for the Storm in .148 are you still as anxious to jump to the Tour? I'm torn. But the novelty of the touch screen and clicking is gone for me. I guess I'm still leaning toward the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 08:56 PM
    Gone, and not looking back...and thats no knock to the 9530 honestly. Really can't wait to go back to a physical keyboard.
    05-20-09 08:58 PM
    I think for me - the storm serves as a awesome device and always will in my book. It innovated a new way to think in the "touchscreen" world. I will probably miss the screen size a great deal and truly think that the storm can become a even better phone over time throughout OS updates.

I would not point someone away from the storm.

I just type way to much on my phone to use a touchscreen device.

I used both the iPhone and the Storm and the storm came closest to actually having a keyboard then any touchscreen I have ever used. So am I buying the tour yes.. do I give a thumbs down to the storm no.
    05-20-09 09:07 PM
    Me too. i don't see myself using touch screen again.
    05-20-09 09:07 PM
    Now that it looks like we got ourselves a winner of an OS for the Storm in .148 are you still as anxious to jump to the Tour? I'm torn. But the novelty of the touch screen and clicking is gone for me. I guess I'm still leaning toward the Tour.

No way am I going back. Just could never get the typing down. I sure hope the new OS works out for everyone. I recall trying several that started out great, only to get the lag back.
    05-20-09 09:36 PM
    Ummm...yeah, still leaving. The Storm will never be like a Bold or, well, Tour.
    05-20-09 09:53 PM
    just sold my storm to pay some bills but on the backside to make room for the TOUR
    05-20-09 10:38 PM
    just sold my storm to pay some bills but on the backside to make room for the TOUR
    ha sold storm to pay bills and make more bills by buying the tour that is what I call dedication ahah
    05-20-09 10:42 PM
    I run a Premium Retail VZW store so its all about Gross Profit so one week in July I might need to dig out of a 400 dollar hole
    05-20-09 10:46 PM
    Gone, and not looking back...and thats no knock to the 9530 honestly. Really can't wait to go back to a physical keyboard.
    I totally agree. I think this all touch screen thing is all a fad and nothing beats a physical keyboard.

05-20-09 11:04 PM
    I really wanted to love the idea of a touch screen but touchscreen is not practical when you type a ton on your phone....

the storm did come close to making typing just about perfect though for a touch screen.
    05-21-09 01:56 AM
    I really wanted to like a touchscreen phone. I have an iTouch and I figured, hey I want a touchscreen phone when it comes time. Picked up a POS LG Dare and hated it so I chucked it and got the Storm hoping for a better experience. I actually like the keyboard a lot, and the overall touchscreen isn't half bad. I just find myself wanting a physical keyboard and a trackball more and more lately. Depending on my financial situation when the Tour comes out I may drop the cash for retail seeing as I opened another line to get the storm at promotional price back in March and it's no where near time for an upgrade. We'll see, I've been drooling over the Tour since I first heard about it...might keep the Storm as a backup...might sell it who knows.
    05-21-09 08:19 AM
    Yeah I'll probably end up going back to a physical keyboard. Having the Storm made me realize just how much I text
    05-22-09 02:53 PM
    Touch screen isnt all that bad once use to it but man a physical keyboard is looking so good right now. Tour looks so nice. shame it doesnt have wifi though. Cant wait! I think i would keep my storm and grab the tour after it comes out and switch every once and a while
    05-23-09 06:55 AM
    couldnt have said it better
    05-23-09 07:23 AM
    90% sure i will jump
    05-23-09 09:25 AM
    Yes if they will release it fairly soon.
    05-23-09 10:39 AM
    If the software makes the Storm as functional as they say it will then I will stay with the Storm. If not it's going in the box and I am trying the Tour.

However, after this latest debacle and this device being slowed down by lack of software it will be a long time before I jump on the "latest and greatest" device BB comes out with. I will wait for a few months to see the problems and not actually experience them myself.
    05-23-09 10:42 AM
    How many of you are first time blackberry users? I'm just curious because these are two different machines we're speaking about and a lot just seem to throw themselves to the newest device??

Me, I made the mistake of buying the storm because I loved my iPhone so much. I also loved my 8330.

I am going back to a physical keyboard on the 9630. What i will miss, is not the touch screen nor the screen size. But, The applications that use the accelerometer. (Novelty really) Just the UI of most third partty applications/Games were great. But, again.. I miss the keyboard.

It kind of upsets me that the 9630 won't have WiFi, when devices afterward will. (I.E. SKYPE)

So, if I can hold off a bit longer, I may even Pass on the 9630, but only time will tell!
    05-23-09 10:47 AM
    I am definitely waiting and not getting another touch device. This is my first blackberry and while I really like the Storm and havent had any issues I couldnt fix, I've used a friends Bold and I definitely feel a keyboard would be a better fit for me. I'll keep the Storm for doctor office and dental office waits. I also am curious about wifi and will probably wait for the Atlas since the Tour will not have it.
    05-23-09 11:15 AM
    For me, the storm only lasted 3 weeks before I went back to my 8830. I'm really looking forward to 9630.
    05-23-09 02:10 PM
    Ill only jump to a Tour if Verizon lets me pay 2 year contract price, or atleast less then retail (which I HIGHLY doubt would happen) or if my Storm breaks before my two years are up.

I, like others, dont hate the Storm. In fact, its the only touchscreen phone that I would use. I tried to work a Dare, and for some reason couldnt do anything on it.

The Storm is my first Blackberry, and the only thing I can say for sure about my future devices is that I will never go back to a regular phone again. The functionality of these devices is amazing, and Im afraid a regular phone would feel so featureless.
    05-23-09 02:10 PM
    The Storm is my first Blackberry, and the only thing I can say for sure about my future devices is that I will never go back to a regular phone again. The functionality of these devices is amazing, and Im afraid a regular phone would feel so featureless.

I like hearing things like this. Congratulations on getting hooked on the blackberry's.
    05-23-09 02:23 PM
    I wouldn't go to the iPhone thats for sure ... when I get my next device Tour or whatever it might be its gonna have a physical keyboard.
    05-23-09 02:30 PM
    Jeez, sounds like the touchscreen fever has leveled off, eh? I've got an iTouch and I freaking hate typing of it. It takes way too much concentration. I use it for movies and music and a little newpaper reading. The BB is the messenger machine. That's what I'm hearing here too.
    05-23-09 02:40 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD