I have the first bb storm. My husband is military and I need a good reliable phone that keeps us in touch when he is away. Well, anytime he tries to call e when he is away....is freezes up and wont connect the call.
    I was thinkin about switching to the BB TOUR. HONESTLY.... would that be a good idea and if not which phone would. I would also like on with a good camera so i can upload and email pics of our daughter to him when he is away.....
    any help would be appreciated.
    thanks!!
    01-03-10 03:31 PM
    the tour is a great option, at first there was issues with the trackball its seems mostly all resolved. very dependable and solid device. great camera and good video camera, thank your husband for what hes doing much respect and best of luck to you and your family in 2010
    Last edited by mostlydo; 01-03-10 at 03:35 PM.
    01-03-10 03:32 PM
    the tour is a great option, at first there was issues with the trackball its seems mostly all resolved. very dependable and solid device. great camera and good video camera, thank your husband for what hes doing much respect and best of luck to you and your family in 2010
    100% agreed....I went from a Curve 8330 to the Storm2 and now the Tour, the Tour is by FAR my favorite.
    01-03-10 07:44 PM
    I have the first bb storm. My husband is military and I need a good reliable phone that keeps us in touch when he is away. Well, anytime he tries to call e when he is away....is freezes up and wont connect the call.
    I was thinkin about switching to the BB TOUR. HONESTLY.... would that be a good idea and if not which phone would. I would also like on with a good camera so i can upload and email pics of our daughter to him when he is away.....
    thanks!!
    Your phone shouldnt freeze when anyone tries to call. Even if he is calling deployed chances are he is using a calling card so i am not sure what the issue with your phone is. Have you looked into that first before deciding to switch phones?

But my wife loves her tour, even though she wanted a Storm 2 and havent had any major issues. It is a very good and reliable phone.
    01-03-10 07:55 PM
    For what it's worth, I've had no issues with my Tour!
    Gets my strongest endorsement!
    01-03-10 08:01 PM
    The Tour is awesome.

The camera on the Tour is equal to the best they offer on any device currently.

One advantage of the Tour, IMO, is the size. Its more comfortable (slightly larger) than the 8900 and 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 08:13 PM
    thanks!!
    Huge kudos and god speed to your husband!

I too have a tour and the camera takes great pictures. I bought it back in October and there has been no problems.
    01-03-10 08:44 PM
    Thanks to your husband and to your family for his service and your sacrifice. God's blessing to your family this year.

The Tour is great. I have owned all of them. I do not believe you will be disappointed. Solid phone with lots of possibilities.
    01-03-10 08:57 PM
    I'm prior military and I would highly recommend the Tour for reasons beyond it being a good phone. It's also a world phone and your on Verizon. So lets say you have to meet up/move to a different country then you can just get a prepaid chip to get cell reception in that area.
    01-03-10 09:26 PM
    Do it! The Tour is the best device (BB or non-BB) I've ever used. As others have said the camera is great! Takes very large, good quality photos and has an autofocus, flash, etc. Sim cards for switching countries would also be a breeze! Plug and go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 10:25 PM
    Thanks everyone! The comments mean alot to me...im currently on our first deployment so it makes me smile when i get words of encouragment
    Yea he is the one that suggested the tour. My only prob. is I have only had the storm for 5 months ...long time before i can upgrade. I am iffy on buying on ebay...and the retail price is...WOW...so is there any suggestions on what to do?....
    I love my storm but it ...just freezes all the time usually when i need it most...and it stresses me out which is something i really do not need right now lol ..
    01-03-10 10:46 PM
    My good wishes to you and your husband. I wish him safety and home fast to you and your daughter. God Bless him.

Now about the BB issues you are having. If you are going to make a switch, The Tour is your best choice. I own it and I LOVE IT. It is such a great device.
    Call quality is great. camera takes great pics. I love everything about it.
    Go for it, you won't regret it.

I also have the invisible shield on the screen and it is great protection. Life time warranty on it, worth the extra cost for it.
    01-03-10 10:46 PM
    You can easily sell your Storm but an out right purchase for The Tour is 500 and some change. And paying retail at a Verizon store is better than going on ebay.
    It will be cheaper from Verizon. I have seen devices for ridiculous prices on ebay.
    I used to sell wireless and it is just outrageous what they cost.

You could add a line on your family plan but you would still have to pay for the line the Storm is on. Maybe there is a family member who would take over your Storm for you and you can get the Tour at a new contract price.
    01-03-10 10:51 PM
    Hello There,
    Im also a Military Wife. Both my Husband and I have Tours and we love them. I actually got these phones because of the long deployments and TDY school ect. It has been well worth the investment.
    01-03-10 11:15 PM
    Ok everyone i just ordered my tour so wish me luck i got a great deal my friends bf works for verizon he got me a green sticker one thats supp. To have the quirks worked out. I paid 325....annnnd im about to find out if im preggers!!! Wish me luck <3
    01-04-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD