With all they hype surrounding the 8900 bold hybrid (niagara) I am wondering if verizon will be getting the bold. I personally had rather have the bold but would welcome the niagara with open arms. I am more concerned with a faster processor above everything else.
    03-14-09 05:50 PM
    Why offer both the bold and the 9630? It seems like it would be really redundant.
    03-15-09 12:32 AM
    no Bold for Verizon, just Tour (and iPhone soon......)
    11-17-09 07:52 PM
    no Bold for Verizon, just Tour (and iPhone soon......)
    iphone? really?
    11-17-09 08:20 PM
    yeah what ^ said.. i can't see apple signing a contract w/ vzw for an iphone. that would take major business away from at&t and make verizon more of a monopoly than it already is!

don't get me wrong, i love VZW but they have to give other carriers a fair chance at success too.
    11-17-09 08:22 PM
    Why offer both the bold and the 9630? It seems like it would be really redundant.
    Bell and Telus now offer Bold 9000, 9700, and 9630
    and itoys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 08:27 PM
    I would bet my right arm that verizon never gets any bold, not even a bold, 3 or Bold 4. Never. The essex is coming but still not a Bold. The iphone is a toy
    11-17-09 08:29 PM
    I have heard that verizon might get the iPhone. I heard about this a few times this summer. Google it.
    11-17-09 08:30 PM
    I would bet my right arm that verizon never gets any bold, not even a bold, 3 or Bold 4. Never. The essex is coming but still not a Bold. The iphone is a toy
    it seems to me some BB's are carrier specific. like bolds are on telus, rogers, at&t, t-mobile but not verizon.

storm is verizon, vodaphone and telus.

hmm... the bold is too big for my tastes. i was on a flight back from NY and a guy was using his and it just seemed so much bigger than my tour.
    11-17-09 08:32 PM
    Wow im surprised this thread is now seeing some action... considering it was made back in march way before anybody knew what the final Niagara would look like which is todays tour. Way to be on top of things.
    11-17-09 08:57 PM
    hah i totally didn't notice the date when it was created. just noticed that someone replied today.
    11-17-09 09:37 PM
    i agree verizon is already too big
    11-18-09 01:42 PM
    No Bold, but Verizon will indeed get the Iphone next year though
    11-18-09 01:46 PM
    no bold and the iphone toy will only come if apple and or steve jobs makes some serious concessions.
    11-18-09 01:51 PM
    yeah what ^ said.. i can't see apple signing a contract w/ vzw for an iphone. that would take major business away from at&t and make verizon more of a monopoly than it already is!

don't get me wrong, i love VZW but they have to give other carriers a fair chance at success too.
    It wouldn't be a monopoly until Verizon is the only company selling wireless cellphone service.
    As for the Bold I heard its coming to Verizon the same day Halo is going to PS3 and Metal Gear is coming to Xbox too.

11-18-09 02:05 PM
    It wouldn't be a monopoly until Verizon is the only company selling wireless cellphone service.
    As for the Bold I heard its coming to Verizon the same day Halo is going to PS3 and Metal Gear is coming to Xbox too.

haha love the reference and yeah true...no point anyway Tour>Bold 9000
    Tour 2>/= Bold 9700
    11-18-09 03:02 PM
    The Essex (Tour 2) will be virtually identical to the 9700. Trackpad, wifi, etc..I beleive the 9700 will have a slightly faster processer. I have run my Tour and my wife's Bold side by side and the speed is identical.
    11-18-09 03:28 PM

I meant monopoly as in verizon sells: cell service, landlines, internet and TV. They are the biggest company to do any of it.

11-18-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD