I was just wondering if the new Tour's web-browser will now include flash that is required for certain websites... Thanks in advance for any info on the subject!
    Last edited by tlankin53; 06-19-09 at 03:32 PM. Reason: wrong title
    06-19-09 10:13 AM
    I highly doubt it will since very few (if any?) mobile browsers support Flash from websites. Also, a flash drive is a small storage device that is plugged into a USB port of a computer... Flash is a feature used by websites to display everything from videos to a UI... two different things, hope someone has a for sure answer on your original question though!
    06-19-09 10:24 AM
    I was just wondering if the new Tour's web-browser will now include flash that is required for certain websites... Thanks in advance for any info on the subject!
    No native flasplayer for bb. We have to wait for the Skyfire third party browser to become publicly available.

Unless OS 5.0 has a big flashy surprise, but I doubt it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 11:07 AM
    No native flasplayer for bb. We have to wait for the Skyfire third party browser to become publicly available.

Some of us are waiting more impatiently than other.
    06-19-09 12:09 PM
    So this has nothing to do with flash drives, then?
    06-19-09 12:26 PM
    well if you want to cary the data cable with you, and the PC your using has the drivers for blackberry installed (or vista/windows 7 as they are capable of finding the correct drivers rather well) then you could use your microSD card as a flash drive.

this will not help you view flash on websites though. no drive will.
    06-19-09 12:30 PM

Weeellll, consider the updates to BB Messenger, and threaded SMS in 5.0. So, the browser just may support flash in 5.0. We can only hope
    06-19-09 12:36 PM
    Some of us are waiting more impatiently than other.
    Any news when that might be released? Will it be in time for the Tour?

No flash really hurts mobile browsers. Some websites really just can't be accessed without flash, and adding that capability will really complete the mobile browsing experience...
    06-19-09 12:36 PM
    Right now Skyfire is in a private (read invite only) alpha test on the Bold only. Most likely it will go to more devices (hearing 8900 next and some even have the Bold version working on the 8900), and private beta next, then open beta. It's early in the process.
    06-19-09 01:06 PM
    I hear that Firefox Mobile browser will support flash but as a native app the BB Browser does not support flash. It does handle java very well though.
    06-19-09 01:15 PM
    I hear that Firefox Mobile browser will support flash but as a native app the BB Browser does not support flash. It does handle java very well though.
    Firefox Mobile aka Fennec is not coming to the BB. You might be thinking of Skyfire.
    06-19-09 01:37 PM
    I've heard that too. The things I have seen with Firefox are amazing. If they can fit just half of it into a serious working browser it will blow opera and bolt out of the water.
    06-19-09 01:41 PM
    This thread is funny as heck. (The title is about Flash Drives and the body is about Flash Player support.) Wow.

That would be like posting a thread title asking about a Flux Capacitor and then the body of the post asks about soldering flux.
    06-19-09 01:59 PM
    This thread is funny as heck. (The title is about Flash Drives and the body is about Flash Player support.) Wow.
    lol, same thoughts here. i saw the title and i thought to myself why the heck would a BB have a flash drive...
    06-19-09 02:02 PM

That would be like posting a thread title asking about a Flux Capacitor and then the body of the post asks about soldering flux.
    I can't edit the title from the computer I'm on right now. But believe me I want too.

EDIT: Actually most BBs can be used as a flash drive in mass storage mode, BUT that's not what this thread is about.
    06-19-09 02:02 PM

That's okay. We help him anyway.

06-19-09 02:08 PM
    Glad I read the tittle again.. I could have sworn it said FLASK drive.. I was thinking Jack Daniels and the Jose with every phone sold..

J/K...

I did however that Firefox Mobile would be developed for BB at a later date then the winmo version but perhaps thats been scrapped.
    06-19-09 02:08 PM
    Lol at the thread title

06-19-09 02:09 PM

Where do I download the flux capacitor app?

06-19-09 02:10 PM
    Oooooh snap this is the first I've heard of a Firefox Mobile!!!!!!!!! I would sooooooooo download it

06-19-09 02:11 PM
    I did however that Firefox Mobile would be developed for BB at a later date then the winmo version but perhaps thats been scrapped.
    Nope no plans as of yet:

Supported Platforms & APIs

We have the stated goal of supporting Windows Mobile and Linux devices. Support for other Platforms may be added in the future. We will also support several embedders who are using mozilla technology, and will keep track of that here.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec
    06-19-09 02:21 PM
    Sorry about the Thread Title everyone!! What I meant to ask, was if the Tour would in fact support flash required by some websites. Thanks for most of your input.
    06-19-09 02:39 PM
    Sorry about the Thread Title everyone!! What I meant to ask, was if the Tour would in fact support flash required by some websites. Thanks for most of your input.
    You can fix it and avoid any confusion. Click on the 'edit' link in your original post and you can change the title to FLASHPLAYER. When your done, click save

Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 06-19-09 at 03:23 PM.
    06-19-09 02:58 PM
    Thanks for your help LazyStarGazer! Didn't think the original post was going to turn into that. So thanks again.
    06-19-09 03:38 PM
    flash on mobile phones is still pretty rare..

I think only phones that support it are ones with skyfire at the moment..

I could be wrong..

the reason you tube works is because they load into a separate media application of some sort..
    06-19-09 03:40 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD