I'm a Verizon customer looking to upgrade to a Tour/camera on the 12th, and I'm just wondering if anyone thinks there's a risk of Verizon stores selling out their first shipment too quickly. Is this going to be like an iPhone or video game console launch where people line up before store opening? I hate having to do that, but I don't want to wait.

Hopefully this is obscure enough and sufficiently relegated to the techie world that it won't be a problem. What are your plans, for those of you not ordering online?
    07-01-09 11:22 AM
    Yea I don't think there will be a shortage. Its not hyped up like the iPhone or even the Storm, so if all goes well we will all get one
    07-01-09 11:24 AM
    Yea I don't think there will be a shortage. Its not hyped up like the iPhone or even the Storm, so if all goes well we will all get one
    Ditto. People have to realize that we're a wonderful lil subculture here at Crackberry. People outside of our world dont know ANYTHING about the Tour besides what we tell them. There wont be heavy traffic simply because there's prolly a small percentage of "true crackies" in your location.
    07-01-09 11:29 AM
    Ditto. People have to realize that we're a wonderful lil subculture here at Crackberry. People outside of our world dont know ANYTHING about the Tour besides what we tell them. There wont be heavy traffic simply because there's prolly a small percentage of "true crackies" in your location.
    That's my assumption too, but I've never dealt with an RIM product launch before so I figured it was worth asking.
    07-01-09 11:33 AM
    theres a huge chance of them selling out the first day. I woukdnt wait around if I were you if u want to get it on the 12th. make sure you get up early
    07-01-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD