Im going into a Sprint tech center tomorrow. My only worry is I purchased my from a private owner it was brand new never activated. I called Sprint advanced tech support and told the csr my trackball was pausing and sticking a little. He said ooh okay we will overnight a new one to you. Then saw that I was still within my first 30 days and he was unable to. He said take it back to the store where I brought and have them exchange it. But I cant there is no actual store.

So I was just going to wait till after my 30 days from the activation date. To either call tech support again or walk into Sprint store. It not like it stolen or anything they wasnt have activated it or cleared the esn. And I took it a sprint store w/o tech center and my sprint guy said its all good.

Any feedback\insight from a Sprint Rep would be great...TIA
    09-15-09 08:57 PM
    I don't know, but you might just want to wait the 30 days. If you didn't pay Sprint for the phone, I don't think they'll replace it at the store. However, Sprint has been practically begging me to replace my Tour and I'm also out of my 30-days. I called with a somewhat non-related roaming issue and the rep. just kept wanting to send me a new phone. I didn't take it, mine works too perfect. No reason to mess with perfection.
    09-15-09 10:07 PM
    I went into a tech support center and I cant believe what the CSR told me. She told me that all (Tour trackballs) are going to slip,freeze etc.. "Its a known issues" She told me that her Tour does the same thing. She wont replace it cause she doesnt know if the next one will be worst. To me it sounded like she was trying to talk me out of my replacement. Then she went into the trackball setting telling I should try 90/70 or 80/60 etc.. I told her I tried all of that 2 weeks ago.

So now Im talking to tech support in the back of the store. After waiting 45 mins, she come out and say nothing wrong with trackball. I explained everything to them like the way how doesnt do it everyday etc... After about 5mins of going around and around w/ a upper middle age lady. And another 5mins of holding my ground as she stare me down...!O! The just want to order my replacement from the warehouse. Telling me it refrub and recondition and wouldnt want it..etc

Long story short Im picking up my replacement Tour this afternoon which was overnight to the sprint store.

THE WEIRDEST THING OF ALL IS THE BLACKBERRY DEMO TOUR THEY HAD OUT WAS DEFECTIVE. THE TRACKBALL WAS ALL JACKED UP SCROLLING TO THE LEFT. AND THIS SPRINT STORE IS LOCATED ON A VERY VERY GOOD SIDE OF TOWN. SO I DIDNT EXPECT THAT TYPE OF UNDERHANDEDNESS FROM SPRINT.
    09-17-09 09:03 AM
    One of two things should have happend.
    1. they should have at least offered to replace the trackball with a curve trackball.
    2. If no trackballs were avail. then they should have offered to swap the unit out at no cost to you since the tour is still in warranty.
    09-17-09 11:13 AM
    One of two things should have happend.
    1. they should have at least offered to replace the trackball with a curve trackball.
    2. If no trackballs were avail. then they should have offered to swap the unit out at no cost to you since the tour is still in warranty.
    1. They didn't offer the curve's trackball
    2. They opened up an new box in store and saw that I purchased my phone from a third party brand new. Then told me wasn't entitled to a new box from their inventory. That I should go back to where a purchased the phone.

I brought the phone out of town so I can't make it back out there no time soon.

So I'm two days away from my 30 day mark and they can do is overnight a refrub to the store. It should be there today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 11:38 AM
    I called telesales yesterday and they agreed to replace my phone with a new one (not a refurb ) due to trackball/screen/door issue. My activation date was August 3rd - I was almost a full 2 weeks past the 30 days' expiration date. I think having TEP may have helped me.
    09-17-09 11:42 AM
    Just got my replacement sprint tour overnight to the sprint store. It came out of a brown box of the some warehouse (phone and battery door).

In the about screen N on refrub line.!! Build date 08/27/09 Mex 5 *new

Everything is great trackball, keyboard, latest software build quality 100%. Then I put in my microSD and it read the cardand would not read it. So the tech rep said he will order my a brand new Tour original box sprint branded and all.
    09-17-09 10:25 PM
    You got lucky. Since you bought your phone from another person you have no warranty as they are not transferrable. I hope you bought the insurance.
    Yeah I got the TEP on all my phones.
    09-18-09 07:13 AM
    I did this once and the sprint store just gave me the replacement...no questions ask...so I doubt it will be a problem. But maybe I just got lucky
    09-18-09 08:24 AM
    I did this once and the sprint store just gave me the replacement...no questions ask...so I doubt it will be a problem. But maybe I just got lucky
    I don't think that it right when a device to lose the warranty cause it not on the account it was purchased on.

My tour was activated for the first time when I activated it. So it should have a valid warranty.
    I'm within my first 30 days of my brand new tour being activated so I think all rules should apply in my case.

Let's call it luck ill call it blessed. But I think it was applied discretion by the sprint rep that ordered a new Tour for me yesterday. In my see his the Mann...lol

The first sprint tech rep tried to send me down a deadend road. She used her discretion the wrong way in my case.

Good luck to all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD