Do you guys know if Opera mini will support the tour, their website doesnt support any phones in the 9K's (9000, 9530, 9630 etc)? What are the best browsers for the phone come launch day?
    07-11-09 01:33 AM
    If it works on the bold it will work on the tour. Don't worry about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 01:37 AM
    the website doesnt say it works for the bold
    07-11-09 02:10 AM
    the website doesnt say it works for the bold
    Buuuuut it does.
    07-11-09 02:20 AM
    Should i use bolt or opera mini as my web browser? Which one would you prefer? Which one is faster? Which one is better for the Tour?
    07-11-09 03:03 AM
    Should i use bolt or opera mini as my web browser? Which one would you prefer? Which one is faster? Which one is better for the Tour?
    From what I hear, Opera is about 50% faster than Bolt.

But that's just from the people that surround me that use it and have done simple timing tests.
    07-11-09 03:05 AM
    thanks, i'll use opera mini
    07-11-09 03:15 AM
    Opera Mini is further along in its development cycle (Bolt is comparatively new) so it runs a little quicker and has a slightly nicer UI. However, I find that the Bolt browser renders websites better. I use both so I can multi-task my web browsing
    07-11-09 03:23 AM
    I have all three browsers on my 8330, for the are used for different tasks. Some of my accounts are accessed from Bolt, some from OM, and many others with the BB Browser. It just depends on what I need.

07-11-09 03:51 AM
    Oh, one thing about OM that is frustrating is the lack of copy and paste, something that Bolt has.

07-11-09 03:53 AM
    I would suggest you try out both and see which one works better or just keep both because each one has something the other one doesn't have.... But don't worry you will be able to download either one on the tour
    07-11-09 08:58 AM
    OM has paste if you're making a bookmark. But it really needs it in the URL bar. Actually, the option to choose a default browser on the BB so OM opens and goes to the URL clicked on my email would help A LOT.
    07-11-09 03:33 PM
    thanks, i'll use opera mini
    Both free...Try them out. No loss. I personally have Mini and Bolt loaded up and use both for different needs.
    07-11-09 03:48 PM
    OM has paste if you're making a bookmark. But it really needs it in the URL bar. Actually, the option to choose a default browser on the BB so OM opens and goes to the URL clicked on my email would help A LOT.
    That would be fantastic.
    07-11-09 04:54 PM
    Is anyone else having trouble with Opera Mini on the VZW Tour? It seems to have installed fine, but I am getting an error that it failed to connect to the Internet. I've tried the connection test a couple of times with no luck.
    07-12-09 02:28 PM
    I can connect, but everytime I try to connect on the first start up of the program it asks permission. Ive gone ino advance settings and allowed all access to it but still get the question for permission.
    07-12-09 05:13 PM
    I can connect, but everytime I try to connect on the first start up of the program it asks permission. Ive gone ino advance settings and allowed all access to it but still get the question for permission.
    I get that question for permission, too, but I also got it on my 8830. I assumed it was a default setting built into the newest Opera update.
    07-12-09 05:17 PM
    It's worth noting this for people that complain about the BB Browser. If you don't like it, you've got options! Bolt, Opera Mini, and Skyfire pretty soon. Sure, the iPhone has Safari, but that's it.
    07-12-09 05:24 PM
    I get that question for permission, too, but I also got it on my 8830. I assumed it was a default setting built into the newest Opera update.
    It happens every single time you exit out of the browser and go back in. The same thing happens with Bolt. The only way to stop it, I believe, is to turn on the 'firewall.' It's not really that much of a hassle to hit 'yes' though.
    07-12-09 05:29 PM
    Turning the fw on would upset quickpull on the Storm when I tried that.
    07-13-09 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD