Rican and noaim:

I don't care if i'm new to POSTING (i been READING these boards for a while...)

.....but why must you two turn this into an argument about cell technology?? I thought this thread was about trackballs and trackpads!!??

don't care if I **** anyone off, I would just rather read about ppl's opinions on trackballs/pads when I click on a topic labeled as such.... take it to PM's.....

...my two cents.
    who's arguing? noaim is my buddy!
    05-13-09 06:51 AM
    I understand it did get off topic I think it started more or less with the conversation about reguardless of a trackpad not being a "huge" part of hardware its not necessarily "simple" technology to add to there current software.

DO I think that a trackpad is a bad idea. HECK NO... I think that over time it will solve MANY complaints about current blackberry's and the trackball situation. However the trackpad does come with some irritations as well. Sometimes moisture on your fingers can cause problems "this is at least with iterations that I have used" but honestly speaking I think the benefits in this respect far outweigh the negatives of a dirty trackball

however trackballs are still very good but I don't know how you would fix there main problem without this.
    Just think of laptop touch pads... bad idea??? I think so! Personally I loved the IBM thinkpad button in the middle of the keyboard better. But yea, it isn't bad to advance, but its hard to say if its truly going to be more efficiant
    05-13-09 06:54 AM
    Thanks for making this a successful post with some great conversation! Let's keep it on track of course... ha

I guess a part of myself wants the trackball because of the reliability but another part of me wants the trackpad because it's the "hot new thing". Someone said that it may fail like Sure Press... who ever said Sure Press failed at all? Compared to my friends iPhones and HTC's I GREATLY prefer to type on the Sure Press. The storms failure was in it's OS not in the hardware by any means.
    05-13-09 07:46 AM
    Someone said that it may fail like Sure Press...
    How can anyone possibly make a statement like that? The only people to have used the optical pad are testers... and not one has said anything bad aabout it yet! Even though I know its an opinion, it has absolutely no basis unless you have tried it for yourself
    05-13-09 08:39 AM
    Sorry fellas, for any implied (or blatantly stated... ) hostility and thanks for takin it so well. I think it was about 1am when I posted I maaaay have been a little tired

As far as the topic goes: Granted the limited exposure to trackpads that I have had were not from RIM so my opinion is pretty biased and I'm quite sure RIM can and will improve greatly over others' designs but I don't think I could say it any better than this:

I am excited about the eventual integration of the trackpad across the bb line up, but to be honest, i think i'd rather have the last trackball berry as opposed to the first trackpad one.

trackballs are proven technology in a bb, give me the latest trackball berry to keep me occupied while others work the kinks out of the new trackpad. I'll gladly switch to a trackpad when blackberry has had a year to tinker with it and perfect it.
    Spot on, evilbean
    05-13-09 09:30 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD