I want to get an iGo adapter tip for my new Tour, but the iGo folks don't have one listed yet.

Does anyone know if the power adapter for Tour is the same as for any other Backberry device? I think I remember reading here somewhere that the Storm (or maybe the Bold?) has the same power adapter, but I can't find it now.

Thanks.
    07-27-09 03:21 PM
    storm for sure
    07-27-09 03:31 PM
    I had the Storm beforehand, and out of curiousity hooked my Tour up to the wall charger and it fit. Mostly, because I have to move furniture to get the plug out and I was clearly too lazy, haha. Good thing for me that it worked!
    07-27-09 03:35 PM
    Storm and Tour are part of the new "standard micro-USB" adapter consortium (or whatever).

My Plantronics headset charger FITS, but there isn't enough POWER to charge the Storm/Tour. Conversely, I can charge the headset via my Storm/Tour microUSB cables and the Storm/Tour wall chargers.
    07-27-09 03:41 PM
    Thanks Everybody. Yeah, I sort of knew the adapter would fit, but wasn't sure if the power draw was the same. Now I'm going to check my bluetooth headset charger, maybe I won't have to carry it around. Of course, I lost the ear hook for the bluetooth, so now I have a fashionable paperclip around my ear.
    07-27-09 05:07 PM
    My guess is any micro-usb charger would work as should any powered USB hub after you install the desktop software (drivers).
    07-27-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD