I've been noticing a wierd issue as of late with my Tour.

Just to start, I preordered my Tour from VZW via the website and received promptly that Tuesday. Love it.... it's a great phone.

However, lately, I've been trying to listen to Slacker or Pandora while I cut the grass and for whatever reason, it constantly gets disconnected and requires a 15-minute reboot to resolve. I've also noticed a huge lag in BIS services being delivered - BBM messages, email, etc.. On the home screen, I've also noticed that my service has been 1X or 1xev - Not the 1XEV (I think that's the proper labeling for full BIS connectivity).

To me - this sounds like a hardware/antenna/reception issue. However, after a battery pull, things sync back up fine, for a while. Turning wireless access on / off again doesn't work and a shutdown doesn't work either. It's only after a complete restart via battery pull does the full service come back online....albeit, only temporarily. However, I can't say how long is temporary.

Anyone have any thoughts?? I'm not doing anything wierd - this is all within my own calling area. I haven't travelled out of state, country or anything.

Thanks...
    08-16-09 10:18 PM
    Try setting Options -> Mobile Network -> Network Technology -> 1XEV

and calling *228 opt 2
    08-16-09 10:21 PM
    Try setting Options -> Mobile Network -> Network Technology -> 1XEV

and calling *228 opt 2
    I 2nd this, try it and if all else fails call good old Tech Support
    08-17-09 01:49 AM
    The Network setting has already been set like that from the beginning when I got the phone - this is one of the first changes I made. And between that time and now, I've updated the roaming profile a few times already. I just did it again last night so we'll see what it does.
    08-17-09 07:52 AM
    Forgive the ignorance everyone, but what does *228, option 2 do for your Tour? And is this a verizon option only?
    08-17-09 07:58 AM
    Forgive the ignorance everyone, but what does *228, option 2 do for your Tour? And is this a verizon option only?
    It updates your PRL or "Priority Roaming List" I believe it stands for. Basically which cell towers to use first.
    08-17-09 08:05 AM
    Good stuff, thanks gimpy.
    08-17-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD