Nubee here...

The Other day i unlocked my verizon tour 9630... had a few issues with verizon, went to T-mobile. I finally got all my emails, web, bbms, working and now i wanna know if there is anyway possible there is a way to make it have wi-fi capabilities?

Anyone try this or is it impossible???
    01-29-10 08:57 PM
    you dont just "turn on" the option to use wifi on a wifi less phone.
    01-29-10 09:00 PM
    Second the above. The Tour 9630 doesn't have wifi, so you can't enable it if it doesn't have it. The Tour 9650 will have it however. Just wait till it comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 09:03 PM
    Nubee here...

The Other day i unlocked my verizon tour 9630... had a few issues with verizon, went to T-mobile. I finally got all my emails, web, bbms, working and now i wanna know if there is anyway possible there is a way to make it have wi-fi capabilities?

Anyone try this or is it impossible???
    If you have experience in circuitry design and can reverse engineer the existing circuits to figure out where to connect the wi-fi module you designed, and then write some software to make the tour recognize it, then yes, very doable.

01-29-10 09:06 PM
    If you have experience in circuitry design and can reverse engineer the existing circuits to figure out where to connect the wi-fi module you designed, and then write some software to make the tour recognize it, then yes, very doable.

If he could do this, Tour 9630 owners would kiss the ground he walks on

01-29-10 09:08 PM
    The wi-fi switch is located behind the battery by the sim card next to the other switch that turn's on the 5.O O.s. And the hidden optical trackpad Next to the app store. Good luck.... Just kidding happy friday!!!!

01-29-10 09:11 PM
    The wi-fi switch is located behind the battery by the sim card next to the other switch that turn's on the 5.O O.s. And the hidden optical trackpad Next to the app store. Good luck.... Just kidding happy friday!!!!

What?!?! You mean I missed this news flash?? Darn! I was just getting over the devastation of missing the fix for all the Storm issues......

01-29-10 09:16 PM
    Lighten up, Francis.

You said and I quote:
    i wanna know if there is anyway possible there is a way to make it have wi-fi capabilities?
    My reply covered the possible way to make it have wi-fi capabilities.

Furthermore good luck in life if you're going to be this much of a hothead on the internet, I can't imagine how bad it must be in person.

Last edited by the_sandman_454; 01-29-10 at 10:30 PM.
    01-29-10 10:26 PM
    It's interesting to know, will give it a try.
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Good one!
    01-30-10 03:36 PM
    like they said above if u want wifi ur gonna have to hold out for the TOUR 2 code name the ESSEX its going to have wifi and the optical track pad as well but if ur with Sprints 3G/4G network wifi really isnt needed!
    01-30-10 03:41 PM
    like they said above if u want wifi ur gonna have to hold out for the TOUR 2 code name the ESSEX its going to have wifi and the optical track pad as well but if ur with Sprints 3G/4G network wifi really isnt needed!
    Really isn't needed? Wow! What Sprint network are you on?
    01-30-10 07:02 PM
    I love how many people ask this question and others....
    01-30-10 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD