Therefore my suggestion about the ipod touch...its an iphone with just about everything but the phone function...and no monthly bill...perfect for us Crackberry users...
    08-06-09 05:57 PM
    Well as someone who had an Iphone for a year, all I can say is that if you're thinking about getting an Iphone because of all the great apps - DON'T! In the end, the only positive aspect of the Iphone is all of its apps, but tons of apps don't a good phone make. After about a year of searching around the App Store, buying and downloading apps, playing all of the games, and running up large App Store bills, I finally realized that 99% of the apps suck. You pay a few bucks for the apps only to use them for all of a couple hours and then remove them from your phone a few days later. (Studies show that this is the case for nearly all Iphone users.) What you end up with is a rather crappy communication device which happens to also have a bunch of usuless apps. In other words, you get the worst of both worlds; a bad phone with usuless apps. At least with a BB you're getting a good phone and a great communication device. Plus, all of the good Iphone apps are already available for most BBs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 05:59 PM
    [QUOTE=JMK33;3273600]Lately ive had the urge to get the new iphone because of the massive number of apps available for it and I simply like the interface more than my tour. I know the blackberry has had features that the iphone just got such as voice note recording, video, and copy paste but what would I be loosing if I were to switch over to the iphone?[/QUOTE

Switch already, jeez.........
    once the iphone somehow comes up with a actual keyboard without making it ugly i might think about it
    Maybe an iPod Touch would work for you.

I bought a Touch and a Tour.
    On the go: I use the Tour for email, internet, etc.
    At home/hotspot: I use the Touch for faster browsing, (web needed) apps (like Skype, MSNBC, ICHC,) etc. In fact, the reason I bought a Touch was to use it as a netbook, of sorts.

But of course, YMMV.
    08-06-09 06:19 PM
    I'd do it!!! Go ahead and get your first iPhone out of the way.
    08-06-09 06:29 PM
    Thanks for all the great responses.

I have had two blackberries and I am more than aware that they are messaging machines and they do what they are meant to do very well.

I hate the fact that I am limited to the iphone on AT&T. Im pretty much thinking outloud, then again I look at my tour and think about its ease of use and I think im crazy
    I am a Mac guy...been so for years. Went with the Tour for all the reasons everyone loves BB. Unlike those who say "get both!", I can only afford one.

Verdict? When iPhone becomes available on Verizon, I will dump this Tour in a hot second. And I suspect I'm not alone...
    08-06-09 06:32 PM
    Therefore my suggestion about the ipod touch...its an iphone with just about everything but the phone function...and no monthly bill...perfect for us Crackberry users...

You got it. Agreed!
    08-06-09 07:08 PM
    my biggest gripe is the bluetooth profiles. While you can now use bluetooth headsets the remote part still doesn't work. I love my music on a 50 mile bike ride and don't won't to have to shake my phone or fuss with a next button while on my bike. I love that i can switch to the next song with a switch of button on my earphones with my blackberry. it's better than any ipod
    08-06-09 07:18 PM
    I have a Storm and an IPod Touch. The two seem to compliment each other well. I like the fact that the IPod Touch has Wifi. They both have advantages but the biggest for me was the cost of the unlimited data plan on ATT with the IPhone vs. Verizon with the Storm.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 08-06-09 at 08:44 PM. Reason: typo
    08-06-09 08:41 PM
    That was fixed with an OS update. BB has had their share of similar issues.

If CDMA was so great then Verizon would not be moving off it. You cannot do data and voice on CDMA. Awesome...

How about all those SMS and Push notification leaks? lol

Yeah, I want my personal info out in the open like that.

Tell you what, Get the iPhone off of at&t and put it on a CDMA network, Than we can talk business. Until then, and them still being on at&t... I'd rather rock pre-paid.
    Last edited by snookiesnoo; 08-06-09 at 08:45 PM.
    08-06-09 08:42 PM
    You have a lot of people posting that don't know what they are talking about and are simply trying to validate their BB ownership. Plus alot of kids. There is an iPhone forum here and I suspect most people on that forum have had both and can give you a more balanced appraisal.

Couple things;
    I find the wide keyboard on the 3GS quite easy to type with.
    iPhone is better at handling mail than the BB many ways but not all.
    No multi-tasking is a myth.
    Its not as if Verizon is seen as a customer friendly carrier. They have done as many or more screwed up things as AT&T.
    The App store/developer combination blows everything else away. Most of the millions of iPhone owners don't know or care about Google Voice.
    Very high quality hardware.
    Best UI in the business.
    Wi-fi which every smart phone should have but Verizon doesn't want you to have.
    Much more modern OS than BB. You can use your entire storage for apps if you want to unlike the BB measly 256MB. This is really sad in 2009.

Con
    AT&T 3G is saturated in many places. iPhone users tend to consume much more data than other phone users because the iPhone makes it easy to do so.
    No MMS or tethering yet. MMS will be a big deal for kids, tethering for a few. This is an AT&T issue and Apple isn't happy about it.
    High monthly cost as AT&T is gouging for all they can.
    Last edited by snookiesnoo; 08-06-09 at 08:57 PM.
    08-06-09 08:54 PM
    Or you could use it with Google Maps or the many other location based apps that support it.

It has a compass.
    You obviously don't need that, unless your an explorer in the arctic.
    08-06-09 08:56 PM
    Because your obviously not a crackhead like us.

08-06-09 08:57 PM
    The iPhone is a great tool for somethings, the BB is different tool. I can't stand to type on a touch screen, so I'll choose blackberry all the time. I've used both side to side, the blackberry is superior in my eyes.
    08-06-09 09:02 PM
    I would say the cons of an iPhone 3GS are: No MMS, No Multi-Tasking, Lack of Physical Keyboard, and AT&T.
    08-06-09 09:10 PM
    I have been issued BB's for work way before they were also phones. I have a Curve thru T-Mobile for work, a personal Tour, and an iPhone 3GS. I have also used Palm and Windows CE/Mobile devices since the first models. Nothing has been as good a device as the iPhone or even close.

Because your obviously not a crackhead like us.

08-06-09 09:14 PM
    If u wanna jump ship, be my guest. One must not compare a genuine productive device like a blackberry to a apps apps apps iphone. How many people actually use these iphone apps on that phone. Wtf man don't ask **** here ok

08-06-09 09:41 PM
    The choice is yours if you want a toy then get one. Its all up to you don't need someone else to justify you getting an iphone. That's just my thoughts on it.

08-06-09 10:30 PM
    BB rules
    i'd get mine soon
    08-06-09 10:38 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD