Why is the price for the Tour cheaper than the Bold? They seem to have similar specs, but the Bold's starting price was much higher when it was released and right now on the on the AT&T website it's still higher in price. I'm just curious, no biggie....
    07-06-09 10:56 PM
    Not really sure.... do you want it to be more expensive?
    07-06-09 10:58 PM
    Not sure .. Maybe the cost of phones has come down. Who knows.
    07-06-09 11:00 PM
    Probably because the economy is in the crapper now compared to when the Bold came out.
    07-06-09 11:03 PM
    Competition I guess. The Tour must compete with the Bold, Iphone, Palm Pre etc.

The Bold's only competitor was the Storm and the Storm sucked. Att was wise to jack up the price because they had, by far, the best BB on the market for a while.
    07-07-09 12:01 AM
    how could they make the tour higher if you think about it..

why would someone go to verizon for a tour if it was more expensive then a bold on at&t
    07-07-09 12:05 AM
    Competition I guess. The Tour must compete with the Bold, Iphone, Palm Pre etc.

The Bold's only competitor was the Storm and the Storm sucked. Att was wise to jack up the price because they had, by far, the best BB on the market for a while.
    This could have also played a factor into why some people stuck with Storm beyond the 30 day trial period when it was first released. At least for me it did. I felt torn and before I knew it, my 30 days was up.
    Last edited by vllssv; 07-07-09 at 01:35 AM.
    07-07-09 12:31 AM
    how could they make the tour higher if you think about it..

why would someone go to verizon for a tour if it was more expensive then a bold on at&t
    Well if the Tour is offered at a good price, I would think more people would get locked into another two year contract before the Onyx or some other competitive device that hits the market later this year.

In any event, I'm sure the Tour will be so good that Tour owners won't be distracted much by the newer devices that come out in the near future..
    07-07-09 12:41 AM
    Well if the Tour is offered at a good price, I would think more people would get locked into another two year contract before the Onyx or some other competitive device that hits the market later this year.

In any event, I'm sure the Tour will be so good that Tour owners won't be distracted much by the newer devices that come out in the near future..

I am ultra confused about this response... to my post... this seems to either agree with everything I said or has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said..
    07-07-09 12:54 AM
    I am ultra confused about this response... to my post... this seems to either agree with everything I said or has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said..
    I'm sorry. I was reading quickly, misread what you wrote, and I wasn't very clear in my post. I'll read and respond more carefully next time.
    Last edited by vllssv; 07-07-09 at 01:09 AM.
    07-07-09 12:59 AM
    I'm sorry. I was reading quickly, misread what you wrote, and I wasn't very clear in my post. I'll read and respond more carefully next time.

no need to apologize I was just wanting to understand is all its not a big deal hope I didn't sound harsh
    07-07-09 01:15 AM
    I'm just happy that the Tour is finally being offered by Verizon and at a good price!
    Last edited by vllssv; 07-07-09 at 01:36 AM.
    07-07-09 01:33 AM
    Its because the bold is better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 04:29 AM
    IMHO I think it is because of the iphone. With it being priced as $199 the days of $400 smartphones are pretty much over. The bold was targeted at the high end business user where price wan't as much of a concern as function, now I don't think that is going to fly either. In general the iphone is going to set the bar for phone prices. I guarantee you that Sprint wanted to charge more for the Pre but know they couldn't because of that issue.
    07-07-09 05:10 AM
    Because they realized people aren't going to shell out $300+ for a phone these days.
    07-07-09 05:13 AM

If the Onyx is going to ATT, why would a verizon customer be distracted?
    07-07-09 06:48 AM
    Because AT&T was the only domestic carrier with the Bold at launch (may still be), the Tour is going to be released on two carriers at the same time (maybe more), likely with higher production runs cause both Sprint and Verizon users have been waiting for new Blackberries. Competition is a good thing.
    07-07-09 08:20 AM
    Feature-wise the Bold is better. WiFi being a huge difference IMO.
    07-07-09 09:06 AM
    Leather-textured back.
    07-07-09 10:12 AM
    I'm sure there are alot of factor that went into the pricing of the device, but the most obvious factor is benchmarking. The iphone has been priced at $199 for over a year, so companies almost have to follow suit with a "comparable" device set at the same price point. Besides the carrier makes up for the upfront low selling price of these devices with the 2-year contract.
    07-07-09 10:26 AM
    Leather-textured back.
    ahahhahaha that has to be it ! Great Job
    07-07-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD