If you guys saw my other thread when got scammed and bought a bad phone. This is the reason why I wanted to buy a phone outside of my contract.

Well the next day I decided to bite the bullet and just buy a blackberry tour full price. For what ever reason they seemed shocked and straight up told me it will be expensive, I said yes I know, but my contract is not over yet and I'm willing to pay $490 + tax for a new phone. So I went to go check out and they started the process of switching my phone. At one point the manager noticed that I was buying a phone for full price and came to watch over the employee that's checking me out. The manager asked me how long have I been on this contract, I told him it hasn't even been a year. Then they started talking amongst them self. It sounded bad, I asked if everything is okay manager said yes your fine. Then he also said if your okay with signing a new 2 year contract we are going to give you the tour for $200. I was shocked! I said really? Yeah we noticed you've been with us for a long time (8+ years) and we saw that you replaced the storm several times we're sorry that you had to do that. I was ready to pay $500+ for the phone and I walked out of there paying only $200 (pending rebate)

then two days later the price drops to $150 and I call up verizon and I get credited $50 to my account woohoo!
    08-26-09 06:34 PM
    That's awesome. That's the right thing to do. I hope Verizon treats me like that if I stay loyal to them. I just switched to Verizon yesterday and got a Tour for $99.99 before taxes at Best Buy for being a new customer. AT&T would have never done something like that for me...
    08-26-09 06:46 PM
    Same thing happened with me. I had the storm and called verizon twice seening if they could cut me a deal on the tour because of how bad the phone was. They said no because my upgrade wasnt untill december.

I went into the store and told the rep i wanted to pay full retail. She seemed shock and sold the phone to me for only 299$ with a 1 yr contract and 75$ rebate. I sold my storm for 205$ on ebay and nearly broke even.
    08-26-09 06:46 PM
    Verizon is famous for doing cool stuff like this. It's not unheard of for other providers to do this stuff too, but with Verizon its common.
    08-26-09 06:55 PM
    Verizon is famous for doing cool stuff like this. It's not unheard of for other providers to do this stuff too, but with Verizon its common.
    Yeah I've heard about this too, but what really surprised me was I didn't even try to get it for a the new contract price. No sob story no threatening to switch providers. It was like a surprise birthday gift!
    08-26-09 07:01 PM
    Not a chance in **** with Bell. They treat you like dirt and i have 5 lines activated with them for over 20 yrs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 07:08 PM
    that is great glad that you had such a great experience
    08-26-09 07:12 PM
    yes i like verizon i've never had a problem with them always willing to help out and give ya the better deal..
    08-26-09 07:15 PM
    This is why I am with Verizon now, and never looking back.
    08-26-09 07:27 PM
    Yeah I've heard about this too, but what really surprised me was I didn't even try to get it for a the new contract price. No sob story no threatening to switch providers. It was like a surprise birthday gift!
    which is why you got the deal. Most reps don't respond well to people threatening to leave vzw. I'd rather let someone walk due to them trying to strong arm me by threatening to leave. Often when someone comes in and is truthful and has good intentions reps will bend over backwards for them.
    08-26-09 07:29 PM
    You get more flies with honey the vinegar. I am a CS/tech support manager and I can promise you when someone is nasty with me I go by the book dotting my I's and crossing my T's, but when someone has an issue and explains their issues like a rational individual I will be more likely to go out of my way to help them.

I had them swap the Storm for the Tour at no charge. I just happen to get a manager and explained my issues with the 4th one and it being the same issue as the first one I had. She offered up the Tour. I would have been fine with them replacing with another Storm.
    08-26-09 07:59 PM
    You get more flies with honey the vinegar. I am a CS/tech support manager and I can promise you when someone is nasty with me I go by the book dotting my I's and crossing my T's, but when someone has an issue and explains their issues like a rational individual I will be more likely to go out of my way to help them.
    My God that saying (highlighted) brings back memories from my childhood friend's grandmother...she used to say that all the time. Of course I know it was an innocent typo on your part; where it should read "You get more flies with honey than with vinegar"...but still; classic and oh so true with how it relates with life (particularly customer service).

08-26-09 08:20 PM
    Went WAY over on our minutes one month. $180 over because daughter was dealing with I'd theft nightmare. Rep was happy to credt the acct the entire 180! Been with VZW since it was Airtouch about 15 years and have no plans to change!

08-26-09 09:36 PM
    Makes me proud to be a Verizon customer. After all the bull**** that I have heard other carriers put their customers through and friends say how crappy AT&T or Sprint CS is, I'm always proud to say that Verizon has never treated me bad.

08-26-09 09:48 PM
    They have always done me right I think I have been with them fir 15 years
    08-26-09 09:54 PM
    I've had a few bad experiences with reps from Verizon, but have always been taken care of in the end. I have never, ever blown up on some one, but I have been very dissapointed and made it very clear that i was not pleased with my situation. For instance today... I just got a replacement storm last week, and this one went caput. I called up and they were going to charge me(only 6.95) for overnight shipping, and this just didn't bide me well. I mean seriously... the phone doesn't work right now and they want to charge me because of it?

I didn't flip, I just asked politely if there was anything they could do. I said that if it were my fault, I'd be happy to, but literally the phone broke in my sleep...

It was taken care of in the end.

A few situations have had to be escalated to managers and even executive relations, but I never disrespected anyone in the process, despite having been disrespected myself a few times.
    08-26-09 10:05 PM
    I agree. Vzw gave me a free tour in exchange for a crappy storm with no contract extension. I sent the manager's district manager an email telling them they have a happy customer for a couple years locked in.

08-26-09 11:33 PM
    I am so pleased with Verizon Customer Service. I've never had any issues with them, which is good, but they really shined when my family was going through a rough time. My 70 year-old grandfather fell out of his 16ft. tree stand (I don't know why he still climbs trees either) and broke both legs and his hip.
    He was in a lot of pain and couldn't reach his hospital phone, so he used his Cell phone instead, since it was always within reach. He has one of the basic plans, so when he got his $500 bill, he was, to say the least, very upset.
    My dad went in to Verizon and explained the circumstances to see if they could work out some sort of payment plan to pay the $500, and upgrade the plan to avoid that.

The Verizon Rep. wiped off the extra costs and upgraded the plan to prevent this from happening again. That is customer service that aims to KEEP their customers. Hats off to VZW!
    08-27-09 12:35 AM
    I, too, am a verizon tech rep. I respond much better to a customer who is rational and isn't hanging the "i'm going to cancel my service" comments over my head. Call it bold or cocky about the company that I work for, but if you're being irrational, and you're threatening to leave, go ahead. I know you'll give the next company 10 times more **** and will likely end up back with us in the end.

It's because we have the best network, hands down, and at the end of the day, the goal is to be able to make a phone call or pull up a webpage successfully.
    08-27-09 12:40 AM
    I am so pleased with Verizon Customer Service. I've never had any issues with them, which is good, but they really shined when my family was going through a rough time. My 70 year-old grandfather fell out of his 16ft. tree stand (I don't know why he still climbs trees either) and broke both legs and his hip.
    He was in a lot of pain and couldn't reach his hospital phone, so he used his Cell phone instead, since it was always within reach. He has one of the basic plans, so when he got his $500 bill, he was, to say the least, very upset.
    My dad went in to Verizon and explained the circumstances to see if they could work out some sort of payment plan to pay the $500, and upgrade the plan to avoid that.

The Verizon Rep. wiped off the extra costs and upgraded the plan to prevent this from happening again. That is customer service that aims to KEEP their customers. Hats off to VZW!
    I love to hear stories such as this (not about your grandpa but verizon helping out). I have the basic plan and I mostly never go over my minutes. So because of that I never even give it a second thought, I was hooked up with Verizon twice with an overcharge. I was in the Military and I was about to get deployed, so I made a lot of phone calls to friends and family and I racked up a 200+ overcharge bill. I told them what happened I said I just didn't think about it because I never have to. They said thank you for serving and wiped the charges away. A second time I got into a vehicle accident, and because of that I made a lot of phone calls to my insurance company and the police, I was placed on hold for long periods of time, again overcharge. I just said I was stressed with my accident and I didn't even think about my cell phone bill. Again they wiped my bill.

Thank you Verizon you have the best customer service ever! and now you have the best blackberry too! (finally!!!)
    Last edited by xxraffyxx; 08-27-09 at 12:57 AM.
    08-27-09 12:53 AM
    I had a similar thing happen to me with Sprint. I've been with them for almost 10 years....

In May I bought a Curve because my Perl bricked and I couldn't wait for an insurance replacement...I was hesitant to get the curve because I wanted the Tour so bad...But I went ahead and got the Curve anyway....Rebate and all!!

When the Tour came out I went in and told them my situation...At first they said there was nothing they could do for me...And honestly, I really didnt deserve anything beyond paying full price.

When it was all said and done, I got my Tour for a $100 that day...Ended up costing me $200 dollars total after recieving my rebate from the Curve.

Pretty cool when someone recognizes and rewards customers for longevity.
    08-27-09 01:10 AM
    Wow that is such great news. Gives me some hope for the phone companies.
    08-27-09 01:15 AM
    I, too, am a verizon tech rep.
    This thread makes me smile You should forward this thread up to Verizon (how ever high up you could go)
    08-27-09 01:16 AM
    This is a great post... I've been with Verizon for about 4 years now and they have always had fantastic customer service. I had sprint before Verizon... I'm not even gonna waste my time going into how bad sprints CS was lol
    08-27-09 06:11 AM
    Good to hear!! I was a previous Alltel customer that has now been switched to Verizon!!
    08-27-09 06:44 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD