when i first got my tour, i liked it.... because it was a new piece of gadgetry

now, i realize just how much it sucks, and just how impracticable it really is

- bb maps is horrible and takes forever to load
    - reception is horrible
    - battery life for me is 1 day of casual use
    - mic quality is horrible
    - its way to delicate

can i get my $200 back and not commit to a 2 year warranty if it's before 30 days?

thanks
    08-03-09 06:37 PM
    the Tour is actually the best CDMA Blackberry out to date.. no other blackberry on the CDMA market tops the Tour...

the Tour is a GREAT PHONE!
    08-03-09 06:39 PM
    Love my tour. Return yours, it's just not for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 06:40 PM
    I really don't think it was necessary to write a thread about this. You obviously don't like it, and in the time you spent writing this thread, you could have been at the store already getting your money back!
    08-03-09 06:42 PM
    this thread was intended for prospective owners
    and i couldnt have been at the store because my question wasnt answered yet
    08-03-09 06:43 PM
    i dont know how so many people are having issues with this phone. With heavy internet usage, i can get 2 days of battery life, with little usage I've gone to 3 1/2 days of life easily. Only problem I have is an occasional "slippery" trackball that refuses to go left, but is fixed with some violent action towards the trackball. Easily the Tour is the best phone VZW or Sprint has to offer right now, I couldn't be anymore pleased...well, wifi would be nice...
    08-03-09 06:44 PM
    Not when they don't do their research.

I would like to add that my battery life increased significantly after a few charges.

08-03-09 06:48 PM
    ^^^ same here, my battery life went up a good few hours after charging it nightly for the first couple of days. Maybe you should just swap your tour out for another one or you can try the storm, but from my experience, you will miss the Tour if you go to the storm
    08-03-09 06:49 PM
    your just emphasizing more problems with this phone:

- you must do research to use seemingly simple applications
    08-03-09 06:49 PM
    The tour is a great phone overall, try goggle maps which works much better. Return the phone if you getting a weak signal I have never had one. You may have got a lemon but the tour does not suck not even close.
    08-03-09 06:50 PM

- reception is horrible
    - its way to delicate

can i get my $200 back and not commit to a 2 year warranty if it's before 30 days?

thanks
    Can I have your stuff?

Bye.
    08-03-09 06:51 PM
    First BB owner here, and this is the best phone I have ever owned. Blows my Samsung Instinct away. Minor trackball issue but no biggie.
    08-03-09 06:53 PM
    the Tour is actually the best CDMA Blackberry out to date.. no other blackberry on the CDMA market tops the Tour...

the Tour is a GREAT PHONE!
    Tour best CDMA BB hmm

The basics,

Screen ripple
    Trackball- sucs
    Voice quality- terrible.
    Battery- oK
    Speed-Outstanding
    Build quality- ok
    Device looks -Freaking sweet

No screen ripple
    trackball- Great
    Voice quality- outstanding
    Battery- Great.
    Speed- ok.
    Build quality- outstanding
    Device looks -2008 relic

Im not trying to be 9630 hater.. Yes the 9630 looks freaking sharp! but best CDMA BB its far from which leads me to the question,
    Whats more important ,Dependability or Pretty ?
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-03-09 at 07:13 PM.
    08-03-09 07:02 PM
    well the phone should know i am a (over)paying customer, and the customer is always right
    ^ I have to laugh. The customer is definitely not always right. I throw my Tour around all the time, and keep it in a thick silicon case, and it's perfect. I have no problem.
    08-03-09 07:05 PM

- reception is horrible
    - its way to delicate

thanks
    In answer I can agree and disagree here.

- I do find the BBmaps and gps a bit slower then my 8330 was but not enough to care
    - my reception is very good (again no more so then my 8330)
    - battery life is no more then 1 1/2 days, have to charge every day (8330 was 2days at least), but i expected this with the resolution and processor speeds
    - delicate, yes when compared to the toughness of the 8330 (no protection over the screen does make me a bit nervous but mine stays in a holster with a screen protector)

On the plus side the phone is much faster, I love the crisp clear screen, the memory is a great plus and now that I'm used to the keyboard I'm loving it. The new camera is great and sound is better.

On the minus this is my second Tour because of a complete trackball failure. I don't like that I can't set the # of beeps on the ringers anymore (hope this is fixed with OS 5.0). I do miss the powerfull vibrate of the 8330 also.

When all is ballanced out I do love this new phone and hope it just gets better as the new updates come available. I feel I'm in the Tour for the long haul (at least till the next great BB comes out )
    08-03-09 07:05 PM
    huh?

what? were did i imply that?

firstly, what do you mean it was biased and one sided? you mean that my 'review' was only of bad things, so it must be 'biased' and 'one-sided'?
    why would i say good things about a phone i find to be horrible? and my post was very informative
    Did you read your original post? You were biased as soon as you gave a personal opinion based on software without a valid reason. It was completely based on your own opinion and personal experience.

You did not give high points to follow with the lows, so your statement was one sided. If you find the phone horrible, you are speaking for yourself, in your own opinion, which would make it biased and one sided.
    08-03-09 07:09 PM
    Tour best CDMA BB hmm

The basics,

Screen ripple
    Trackball- sucs
    Voice quality's terrible.
    Battery- oK
    Speed-Outstanding
    Build quality- ok

No screen ripple
    trackball- Great
    Voice quality- outstanding
    Battery- Great.
    Speed- ok.
    Build quality- outstanding

Im not trying to be 9630 hater.. Yes the 9630 looks freaking sharp! but best CDMA BB its far from which leads me to the question,
    Whats more important ,Dependability or Pretty ?
    You cant even compare to 9630 to the 8330. The Tour is a World Phone. and yes, the Tour is the best CDMA blackberry on the market as stated in profesional reviews on it and even stated from Kevin on here and CX

all the complaints you listed on the Tour I have none of them a long with a lot of other people. The Tour is the best CDMA blackberry
    08-03-09 07:11 PM
    Tour best CDMA BB hmm

The basics,

Screen ripple
    Trackball- sucs
    Voice quality- terrible.
    Battery- oK
    Speed-Outstanding
    Build quality- ok
    Not everyone has those problems. The 9630 isn't as durable as the 8330 but it's a well-built phone and is faster, has a better screen, better camera, and (arguably) a better keyboard. It is the best CDMA berry hands down.

Last edited by enriquenarez; 08-03-09 at 07:16 PM.
    08-03-09 07:14 PM
    My first Tour was a bit sucky also. Battery life was a bit short, reception was weaker than my Curve (even had dropped calls), call quality was poor, and the scroll ball would not go left/right.

I returned it for a new one and it is perfect. It scrolls, doesn't drop calls, sounds clear, etc. Go exchange your Tour first. If the replacement sucks too then just get your refund. RIM seems to have made a good number of bad units with the Tour.
    the Tour is the best CDMA blackberry
    this is so biased and one sided

anyway, if you find my post to be biased or not, it doesnt really matter. i hope perspective buyers will consider the difficulties and problems other users have...
    Last edited by purpin; 08-03-09 at 07:17 PM.
    I <3 my Tour, hands down the best BB I've owned.

08-03-09 07:15 PM
    this is so biased and one sided
    so what other blackberry then is the best CDMA blackberry thats a world phone in ur opinion??? the only other option is the storm and that was actually awarded the worst smartphone of the year about a month ago.
    08-03-09 07:16 PM
    I <3 my Tour, hands down the best BB I've owned.

My feelings to the 'T'.
    08-03-09 07:16 PM
    Someone needs to explain the big deal about this "screen ripple" malarchy...

Yes, I notice it at times when I press on the device a certain way, but I don't HAVE to press it that way--in fact I find I have to go out of my way to make it ripple! I just don't do things to make it ripple, and miraculously, it doesn't bother me. Its not a touchsceen phone so why is this such a big deal?

If the ripple causes the screen to crap out on you for some reason you have ONE YEAR WARRANTY, just don't physically crack the screen and you should be ok!...Heck, get an extended warranty for that matter, you still make out ok!

Seriously, why is everyone's panties in a knot over it?
    08-03-09 07:17 PM
    9630 really is the best CDMA BB out right now. The Curve is an EXCELLENT device as well so I can't slam it.

I loved the Curve (still do) but I have to give the edge to the Tour because it is just as reliable and stable as the Curve but it looks nicer doing it.

It's been outstanding so far.
    08-03-09 07:24 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD