...AND WHY DID THEY PUT THE EARPHONE PLUG OVER THE VOLUME CONTROLS????? AND WHY ARE THEY ALL ON THE SAME SIDE?!?!?!?! holy crap i didn't think it would be so annoying but the curve had it perfect... and with such crappy battery life i have to have this damn thing plugged in all the time. its annoying me enough that i'm ready to get the 8530 (assuming its not set up the same way)

maybe the tour2 is takign so long cause they are changing everything around

hey.. i can dream...

sorry for making a useless thread
    02-11-10 06:25 PM
    Slightly annoying to me, but I do believe that T2 will be exact same as 1st Tour on the outside, except for the trackpad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 06:40 PM
    The Tour 2 will be the same layout, the phone will be a hair taller though.

On the Curve 8530 the Micro USB and headphone jack are at the top of the left side.

Not sure why your battery would suck so bad, I could squeeze out to 2 days if I had to.
    02-11-10 06:51 PM
    I have never used the audio jack.. have bluetooth in car and bluetooth stereo headphones too with mic... My battery almost always makes it through the day and sometimes a whole weekend..
    02-11-10 10:16 PM
    I really liked the USB placement of the Bold 9700. You can actually type with it plugged in! The tour... not so much :/
    02-11-10 10:31 PM
    I really liked the USB placement of the Bold 9700. You can actually type with it plugged in! The tour... not so much :/
    USB placement does suck but doesn't bother me as I charge while I sleep and I carry a spare battery at all times should I ever drain my phone.
    02-11-10 10:36 PM
    It is prretty dang annoying. But I learn to deal with it if I wanna use my BB

02-12-10 06:07 AM
    ...AND WHY DID THEY PUT THE EARPHONE PLUG OVER THE VOLUME CONTROLS????? AND WHY ARE THEY ALL ON THE SAME SIDE?!?!?!?! holy crap i didn't think it would be so annoying but the curve had it perfect... and with such crappy battery life i have to have this damn thing plugged in all the time. its annoying me enough that i'm ready to get the 8530 (assuming its not set up the same way)

maybe the tour2 is takign so long cause they are changing everything around

hey.. i can dream...

sorry for making a useless thread
    Whoever designed must have been a lefty.

02-12-10 06:27 AM

Exactly! I love my Tour but this is the most irritating thing about it.

02-12-10 06:44 AM

It doesn't look that bad...
    02-12-10 06:57 AM
    Then you are either left-handed or you haven't actually used the phone while charging. Trust me, it's in exactly the wrong place.

02-12-10 07:01 AM
    I don't like where the charging port is either. From time to time I'll play around with my phone when I'm laying in bed, and with it plugged in it does make it hard to type.

It's not enought to make me hate my Tour though, just a minor inconvenience with an otherwise excellent device. IMO it's the nicest looking BB on the market today.
    02-12-10 08:28 AM
    Actually, if ya kinda split your pinky and ring finger around the usb when it's plugged it, it's not so bad. A little uncomfortable for anything lengthy, but it works short term.
    02-12-10 08:53 AM
    I hate the Fact that EVERy time i talk on it. my PALM cups the charger Port.. and is getting Moisture all over it.... and Yes it would be NICe to be able to Charge and Text... Even Charge and Talk with out Bending the Charger Port.
    02-12-10 08:57 AM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, I liked the 8830 position better since I have to take my Tour out of its Otterbox holster to reach the charging port - I did not have to do that with the 8830.
    02-12-10 09:07 AM
    I have had no problem with charging my tour with the otterbox on it. But now that you have said that I'm wondering if I should take it off to charge also. My original blackberry (8830we) had to be replaced with a storm after I broke the charging port.
    02-12-10 09:45 AM

I agree totally. But im a bias person as i never had a play. I can voutch(SP?) that any charge input etc is shocking being placed on the side. My hands are massive for some freaky reason and when its charged i lose interest in texting lol.
    02-12-10 09:50 AM
    I don't seem to have any problems texting with the USB plugged in. I like it better where it is now compared to where it was on the curve.
    02-12-10 10:23 AM
    I can leave the otterbox "shell" on but the HOLSTER section (belt clip) can't be on when charging. With the 8830, the port was upper left and the HOLSTER did not interfere.
    02-12-10 11:04 AM
    It's impossible to type when it's plugged in. Brilliant!

02-12-10 11:31 AM
    I'm a lefty, and I even find it rather annoying.
    02-12-10 03:48 PM
    they could have solved this with a usb charger that bends at a 90 degree angle =\
    02-12-10 04:36 PM
    So its different from the last phone we had, which we had so totally gotten used to.

As with everything else, we will all adapt to it, and then complain about something else when we get our next phone.....lol

02-13-10 06:24 AM
    They need to just move the usb slot to where the earphone jack is but on the left.
    02-13-10 06:29 AM
    +1 with my trusty 8330!
    02-13-10 07:18 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD