My blackberry tour keeps freezing. And the battery flips wouldn't be such a big deal if it didn't take over eight minuets to reboot the stupid thing. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 03:23 PM
    My blackberry tour keeps freezing. And the battery flips wouldn't be such a big deal if it didn't take over eight minuets to reboot the stupid thing. Any suggestions?
    Time for a 9650... much better all around device. I had a Tour which did that, and the track ball stuck. Or, call VZW and have a replacement device sent.
    09-11-10 03:30 PM
    mine started this too. Did you do the recent update? all I see is that micro clock. I couldn't even answer a call today.
    09-11-10 03:42 PM
    mine started this too. Did you do the recent update? all I see is that micro clock. I couldn't even answer a call today.
    I found the Tour to be finicky. Usually a battery pull cleaned it up. Make sure you have the latest OS.
    09-11-10 03:49 PM
    When i was using my Tour, I had problems with freezing continually. I suspected part of the problem was the groups on bbm, especially in a group that was somewhat active if someone joined the group. Check your free memory, and make sure you don't have excessive apps running.
    09-13-10 02:12 PM
    You may need to wipe and reload your OS, and eight minute boot time is on the long side ofthe spectrum. You may have a corrupt database.
    09-13-10 02:14 PM
    Eight minutes reboot time on the long side? Geez, I thought that was about the norm. In my case it can be 8-10 minutes most times I reboot. As for the phone freezing, updating to the newer OS could help. Good luck.
    09-13-10 04:36 PM
    lately my tour will automatically restart (hard reboot) while i'm refreshing in my facebook application, usually it takes the usual long 8mins to restart and i cant start using my tour again, tonight, it freezes during reboot, about 3/4 done (on the status bar) and won't do anything else. this is the black screen with the blackberry logo and bar. i've tried doing alt+shift+delete and when it reboots it freezes at that 3/4 done part on the status bar, i've done the hard battery pullout and same thing. i've tried plugging in the tour to my computer to do a restore, nothing is working. my phone is stuck on the black screen with logo. what should i do? help!!
    12-04-10 12:38 AM
    lately my tour will automatically restart (hard reboot) while i'm refreshing in my facebook application, usually it takes the usual long 8mins to restart and i cant start using my tour again, tonight, it freezes during reboot, about 3/4 done (on the status bar) and won't do anything else. this is the black screen with the blackberry logo and bar. i've tried doing alt+shift+delete and when it reboots it freezes at that 3/4 done part on the status bar, i've done the hard battery pullout and same thing. i've tried plugging in the tour to my computer to do a restore, nothing is working. my phone is stuck on the black screen with logo. what should i do? help!!
    How long have you allowed it to try to load? Be patient with it, walk away for a long time and don't touch it, see if it eventually loads. Mine has hung like that for over 20 min before back when I still used it that is.

Do you have a PC or Mac? PC is what we'll need to recover the device if letting it sit and load doesn't work.

Do you have DM installed on your computer and do you have a recent backup? If you need to reinstall the OS you may be losing your data and apps.
    12-04-10 04:38 AM
    Mine started doing that lately but only when Opera Mini is up. I can do a soft reset though, don't need to so battery pulls yet. Still annoying. I reloaded/updated Opera and updated the OS but it still freezes up. I am hoping to hang in until I see what new phones come out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 06:45 PM
    Always make sure u keep the latest OS. Most of the old OS's can't handle the work load causing ur phone in many cases to freeze.
    12-09-10 05:18 PM
    Always make sure u keep the latest OS. Most of the old OS's can't handle the work load causing ur phone in many cases to freeze.
    I'm not sure I would agree with that, as many new OS releases have issues, or at least a different set of issues than the ones they're replacing.

Just because it's newer doesn't mean it's better.
    12-09-10 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD