I went from the 8830 to the 9630 and the Ring Tones/Alerts sound HORRIBLE on the 9630... My volume is on 10 which is MAX but still, I have always had all my other BlackBerrys on MAX volume, and they NEVER sounded distorted...

Any fix for this?
    07-24-09 11:05 AM
    I think that it's two different things. I think first off that it's an OS issue and possibly the vibration coming from the speaker contributed by the battery door problem of being lose. I'm not sure though.
    07-24-09 11:18 AM
    I think that it's two different things. I think first off that it's an OS issue and possibly the vibration coming from the speaker contributed by the battery door problem of being lose. I'm not sure though.
    I have never had an issue with my Battery door being loose, so that's not it for sure. But when you said "its an OS issue", that's exactly what I was thinking....

There has to be a fix for this. This phone looks amazing but when someone calls you, it doesn't seem so amazing anymore....
    07-24-09 11:25 AM
    As we have all learned from other BB releases, no device is perfect on first release. I'm sure when the official 5.0 software comes out, all these little OS quarks will be solved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 11:31 AM
    As we have all learned from other BB releases, no device is perfect on first release. I'm sure when the official 5.0 software comes out, all these little OS quarks will be solved.

So you think its the OS as well?
    07-24-09 11:33 AM

I have to agree!
    07-24-09 11:37 AM
    Mine sounds great, there is a adjustment for treble that make a big difference, althought i cant remember where. Even had to turn volume to 7 or 8 after the change. Maybe some1 can chime in where it is.
    07-24-09 11:46 AM
    they probably just turned the volume to 11, because people complained about the ringtones being quiet. So they just upped the wattage to the speaker. unfortunately, sound fidelity is not only the speaker - but the system. so they may need to turn it down a level or 2, i find that 7 is a good comprimise between volume and clarity. Also, if you remove the bass from the ringers, that helps too. I have a lot of rock tones that i made, and i added a few new ones without removing the bass (30-80hz) and they made it sound terrible. removed the low freq and it sounds much better now. I think the new speaker they used, or something, allows more bass output but when theres a lot it distorts easily.
    07-24-09 11:48 AM
    Mine sounds great, there is a adjustment for treble that make a big difference, althought i cant remember where. Even had to turn volume to 7 or 8 after the change. Maybe some1 can chime in where it is.
    Only adjustment I have seen for Treble is HANDSET and HEADSET. Are you talking about those?
    07-24-09 12:38 PM
    they probably just turned the volume to 11, because people complained about the ringtones being quiet. So they just upped the wattage to the speaker. unfortunately, sound fidelity is not only the speaker - but the system. so they may need to turn it down a level or 2, i find that 7 is a good comprimise between volume and clarity. Also, if you remove the bass from the ringers, that helps too. I have a lot of rock tones that i made, and i added a few new ones without removing the bass (30-80hz) and they made it sound terrible. removed the low freq and it sounds much better now. I think the new speaker they used, or something, allows more bass output but when theres a lot it distorts easily.
    Where is this option to lower the bass?
    07-24-09 12:40 PM
    Someone has to know....
    07-24-09 04:21 PM
    It seems to be the cheap speakers. The Storm had much better and louder audio. It seems, to keep cost down, (yeah right), they took shortcuts, seen that they only include a 2gb memory card and all.
    07-24-09 04:24 PM
    Someone has to know....
    Go in to "Phone" and then "Options" and scroll to "Advanced Audio"
    07-24-09 04:25 PM
    Where is the "Phone" tab?
    07-24-09 04:42 PM
    I see Enhanced Audio..... Is that the same thing?
    07-24-09 06:01 PM
    Just got a replacement Tour for loose battery door and track ball issues. Now the new Tour I have has a tight battery door but the speaker sucks. I had no issues with the 1st Tour speaker.
    07-24-09 06:37 PM
    I tend to think the issues are mostly due to the 9630 tones themselves, and the ability to control repeats and escalating volume. Here's why I think this.

I came from an 8703 and REALLY miss the ability to control the number of times audible alerts are repeated and the escalating volume feature . On an average workday I receive around 100 business related emails. Most I can read at my leisure but some require immediate reponse 24/7. By use of filters and contact oriented profiles my 8703 was capable of recognizing the "important" emails and alerting me accordingly anywhere, anytime, even from the deepest slumber. This is important to me not only for business purposes but also because my son is in the military and often on the other side of the planet on some "adventure". When he emails or phones I want to know right then and I want to know no matter what I'm doing or where I'm at....my BB is never far way and never off or silenced. It's the only way we can communicate and on occasion has even allowed me to "virtually" be in the midst of combat situations. Oh yeah....his sim card based phone sometimes works even in combat areas. A true godsend....sort of. I digress. On the 9630 I found this functionality difficult (more like impossible) to re-create. The tones were too short, not loud enough, and frankly sounded like crap, and with no repeat capabiltiy the ability to be alerted anywhere, anytime was greatly dimished. (more like non-existent). This was so bothersome that I considered returning the 9630 and reactivating the 8703.

As the saying goes necessity is the mother of all invention; and so was conceived an idea. Record the clear, crisp, and escalating volume tones off my 8703 as voice notes and make them into ringtones that can be used on the 9630. Lemme tell you, it works like a champ. They are every bit as loud and crisp as on the 8703, and why I still have the 9630 and am loving it. Give it a try; it works. Zippity doo-dah!!!

Zoom
    07-24-09 07:33 PM
    It just doesn't make sense to me how the 8830 sounds so clear and perfect, but the 9630 does not... I hope this will be resolved when a new OS comes out for it....

"Advanced Audio" Where can this be found on the 9630?
    07-25-09 05:50 PM
    Mine sounds fine. God complainers.

07-25-09 07:21 PM
    the sounds quality was also one of the things i had an issue with this device..overall, the device has been working very well for me but i wish my ringtones/sounds were a bit lounder and clearer...overall, not a big issue for me and if they do fix it with an os update, that would be awesome..
    07-25-09 08:13 PM
    The only time my ringtones sound crackly are when I have them in the "loud" mode. In medium, they sound great and are plenty loud enough for even driving conditions. In the office or around the house, I keep it in normal mode and things are fine......
    07-25-09 09:26 PM
    no complaints here.
    07-25-09 09:52 PM
    none by me either.. i guess when ur looking for perfection nothing will be right ?
    07-25-09 11:19 PM
    Mine sound distorted at any volume higher than 7-8... I'm wondering if there is a difference between the canadian and mexican made tours and audio quality.
    07-26-09 12:02 AM
    alerts distorted?? are u kidding me. this has to take the cake man....what does it matter if it is distorted, u can hear it cant you, therefore u have been alerted and it has done its job!!! do you plug ur earphones in your phone to jam to some alert tunes?? I swear people notice something alittle diff from there previous phone and they go crazy. It is a different phone, get over it!!!
    07-26-09 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD