Stock is high, eh? Is that going to be everywhere?
    07-07-09 11:58 PM
    Nope normal opening , 10 AM and stock is high so i wouldnt worry
    Good to hear sooks. Perhaps I'll hit up Target first to do some light shopping before I walk over to pick up my Tour.
    07-08-09 12:02 AM
    Selling an un-released product? idk.... I will leave that one to the experts
    Good to hear sooks. Perhaps I'll hit up Target first to do some light shopping before I walk over to pick up my Tour.
    HAHA well i have to say that is for my stores around here lol ur in CA could be a little harder lol , i would go get the tour and then do some light shoping while posting here on ur tour !
    07-08-09 12:05 AM
    I called the stores around me and they have no idea how many they are getting.
    07-08-09 12:06 AM
    I called the stores around me and they have no idea how many they are getting.
    You can assume that the corp stores will get around 40 + and smallers stores , around 15-20
    07-08-09 12:10 AM
    You can assume that the corp stores will get around 40 + and smallers stores , around 15-20
    the amount we're getting depends on the amount of people we have in our "five star" list. The more requests we get for it, the more we're gonna get in stock. At least thats how theyre doing it on the west coast. An exact number of phones isn't truly known. But that does sound like a pretty good estimate.

the store i work at is considered a pretty busy store. We only got 25 storms and a lot of irritated people when it came out.

I Hope we get a bunch though! the more we get, the more money I make
    07-08-09 12:21 AM
    I am picking mine up at 11am on Sunday. I pre-ordered at BestBuy, and I was first on the list, as I registered just before closing on Monday evening. I called back last night and they said I was still the only one on the list!
    07-08-09 07:01 AM
    Ok, I really can't decide if I should preorder or not.
    07-08-09 08:07 AM
    Ok, I really can't decide if I should preorder or not.
    If larger corporate stores are really getting 40 per store... I doubt you'd have to pre-order. Outside of Crackberry and a few other select forums, there's really no hype for this phone. I doubt they'll be a shortage or much less a line on release day.

I'm planning to get at my local store at 11am on Sunday (when they open) to get mine... and if they're sold out (which I doubt) I'll get them to check stock of stores around me and get them to hold one while I drive over. It'll be like an adventure. :-)
    07-08-09 08:26 AM
    Well, I guess I'll pass on the preorder then and just hope for the best. I'm driving a little further to a store on a sunday morning that opens at 10 so I can be at work by 12.
    07-08-09 08:30 AM
    what happened to all the people that were saying last week that their tour was going to be shipped out this past monday?
    07-08-09 09:23 AM
    Yeah 24 hours isnt bad lol just say your going out of town and you need it before you leave , im sure you can get a rep to buy that lol
    Lol, I actually did plan on doing that. I am going to put on my best acting face on Saturday (and I am good at that, trust me), and power-walk into the Verizon store. "Hi!! I am in a rush because I am packing for school, I leave tomorrow, but I know the Tour is coming out tomorrow and I really, really could use it on this trip. See, I am going to a convention with group from my school and it's in DC and I really could use a good phone for this thing. My Storm just isn't cutting it. I have an upgrade available, pleaseee let me purchase one now. I won't have time to come in tomorrow or buy one while in DC, because I'll be so busy down there! I do not know when I'll have a chance to buy the Tour! Please, could I purchase it today??"

And then I walk out a happy customer (since I have been with Verizon since, oh I dont know, the early 90s? Yeah, Bell Atlantic).

Think that'll work, Sooks?
    Last edited by Stang68; 07-08-09 at 10:07 AM.
    07-08-09 10:04 AM
    Lol, I actually did plan on doing that. I am going to put on my best acting face (and I am good at that, trust me), and power-walk into the Verizon store. "Hi!! I am in a rush because I am packing for school, I leave tomorrow, but I know the Tour is coming out tomorrow and I really, really could use it on this trip. See, I am going to a convention with group from my school and it's in DC and I really could use a good phone for this thing. My Storm just isn't cutting it. I have an upgrade available, pleaseee let me purchase one now. I won't have time to come in tomorrow or buy one while in DC, because I'll be so busy down there! I do not know when I'll have a chance to buy the Tour! Please, could I purchase it today??"

And then I walk out a happy customer (since I have been with Verizon since, oh I dont know, the early 90s? Yeah, Bell Atlantic).

Think that'll work, Sooks?
    No, that will not work.
    07-08-09 10:06 AM
    No, that will not work.
    lol well then you've never dealt with CS. Orrrr gotten a phone early
    07-08-09 10:17 AM
    . . I do not know when I'll have a chance to buy the Tour! Please, could I purchase it today??"
    "We're sorry sir but its not available for purchase today. You're more than welcome to stop by any of our other stores tomorrow when its available.......NEXT!!!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 10:18 AM
    what happened to all the people that were saying last week that their tour was going to be shipped out this past monday?
    The online reps that told them that were obviously mistaken or misinformed.
    07-08-09 10:33 AM
    "We're sorry sir but its not available for purchase today. You're more than welcome to stop by any of our other stores tomorrow when its available.......NEXT!!!"

Haha, well, it'll still be worth a shot. Also, I don't know any VZW reps that'll act like that. They'll coyly beat around the bush and then I'll get a little more aggressive than passive and then we'll see what happens. They usually bend over backwards for the customer, at least at my store
    07-08-09 10:34 AM
    The online reps that told them that were obviously mistaken or misinformed.
    imagine that.
    07-08-09 10:34 AM
    count me out...by the time the stores open here, the east coast guys will be drinking a beer already.
    07-08-09 10:53 AM
    Haha, well, it'll still be worth a shot. Also, I don't know any VZW reps that'll act like that. They'll coyly beat around the bush and then I'll get a little more aggressive than passive and then we'll see what happens. They usually bend over backwards for the customer, at least at my store
    Ill be routing for you : )

If it works let us know.

07-08-09 10:56 AM
    Ill be routing for you : )

If it works let us know.

You guys will be the first ones to know.

Gonna go to the Verizon on Broadway during lunch to see if they got in a demo/dummy phone!
    07-08-09 11:06 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD