I'm on Day 5 of my Tour, no battery pulls, no reboots and I still have over 100MBs of memory with MySpace, Facebook, UberTwitter, Slacker, BuzzMe, and a bunch of games on my Tour! What memory leak? I'm soooooooooooo glad I switched from my Storm/Curve!!! This thing will need a restart maybe once a week! LOL
    07-17-09 10:55 AM
    Indeedy! I checked the free MB of memory after a day of heavy usage on my brand new Tour.. This phone is amazing.. very happy I switched too, no longer worried about new/beta OS's.. apps to reboot the phone so I dont have to do a battery pull.. etc etc.. this is amazing. I wonder how many peeps ditched their Storm for a Tour
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-17-09 at 01:38 PM. Reason: content moderation
    07-17-09 11:00 AM
    I certainly ditched my Storm and I couldn't be happier. I have Quick Pull but will probably delete it because I don't need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 11:04 AM
    Yeah I haven't had to do a battery pull yet!!!
    07-17-09 11:05 AM
    its a nice device.. but the storms issues were os related and not really equipment.. but have to love that app memory!
    07-17-09 11:08 AM
    The only reboots that I have done is from installing/deleting new apps.
    07-17-09 11:44 AM
    i am in the same boat. this is excellent. i now know what a blackberry is supposed to do.
    07-17-09 11:50 AM
    I'm on Day 5 of my Tour, no battery pulls, no reboots and I still have over 100MBs of memory with MySpace, Facebook, UberTwitter, Slacker, BuzzMe, and a bunch of games on my Tour! What memory leak? I'm soooooooooooo glad I switched from my Storm/Curve!!! This thing will need a restart maybe once a week! LOL
    Day 3 since me and my Tour hooked up! (Haha! Sounds like a relationship) I am running every app that I had on my Storm with no memory problems or random reboots. Since the first day after all of my app installs, I have consistently stayed at 106MB! And that's with 2 major apps constantly running in the background! Sweet! I am gonna keep Quick Pull because it such a small app and plus I don't want to have to remove my case whenever I do decide to do a reboot. Man that sounds sooo awesome... WHENEVER I DECIDE TO REBOOT! HAHA!

07-17-09 12:00 PM
    yeah... i havent had to do a bat pull yet either..
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-17-09 at 01:37 PM. Reason: content moderation
    07-17-09 12:05 PM
    The only reboots that I have done is from installing/deleting new apps.
    me too - it's been solid so far.
    07-17-09 12:09 PM
    me too - it's been solid so far.
    +1 for me too.
    07-17-09 12:12 PM
    I will say it again just to make my Storm(it's in some draw) jealous. The Tour is a BEAST!!!!!!

07-17-09 12:33 PM
    Me too ... Rim got it right with this one.
    07-17-09 01:32 PM
    Guys keep the language clean.
    07-17-09 01:39 PM
    I smell an uptime thread coming... I am also loving the lack of memory issues compared to other phones.
    07-17-09 01:42 PM
    I think you should reconsider installing quickpull. I went a few days without it and have noticed that after installing it I picked up 10MB of extra memory and the OS feels a little snappier. Just my opinion.
    07-17-09 01:43 PM
    Ive never used quick pull. I installed MemMax and got myself up to 127. Should I consider using quick pull just in general?
    07-17-09 02:00 PM
    I have a question though, my memory is always at 99.0 it never gets above that. How are you all getting 106 megs?
    07-17-09 02:53 PM
    I'd like to know how often everyone is rebooting due to an app install or a device change. The fact that everyone is comparing a brand new device to one they were using for a long time seems a bit unjust. I agree based on the device specs the Tour is a beast but I only reboot my storm every 3 or 4 days and experience no issues with shortage of memory or system lag...

07-17-09 03:01 PM
    i seriously had to re-boot my curve 8330 at least once a day.. only time now, is when i install/uninstall applications.. i love this phone and the new os..
    07-17-09 09:08 PM
    NON EXISTENT memory leak!! 122-125 MB for days!
    07-17-09 09:19 PM
    What is quick pull? How do you do a battery pull?
    07-17-09 10:14 PM
    I dont use quickpull because I can hit alt right shift delete to reboot...

so whats the point of having a app unless you want to schedule a reboot which I don't
    07-17-09 10:21 PM
    I run MeterBerry on my Tour which includes a simulated battery pull function within it. In addition to having that option to use manually, I have it programmed to reset if I (ever) get down as low as 50mb. I like the fact that I can monitor my Tour's performance in terms of memory and battery usage. Its turned out to be one of my favorite apps!

07-17-09 10:23 PM
    What is quick pull? How do you do a battery pull?
    Quick Pull is a program you can download to your Blackberry that will simulate doing a true battery pull. A battery pull is exactly what it says. You take the back cover of your Blackberry off, pull out the battery then replace it. By doing this you are able to recover any memory that has been lost by the normal day to day operation of the device.

07-17-09 10:29 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD