On the way home in my car yesterday I could not get trackball to move up so I could take the phone off vibrate.

When I got home I tried the sliding the trackball around on a sheet of white paper to clean it and it worked great.

Thanks to whoever posted it either here or on another site. I don't remember where I read that tip!
    09-08-09 07:09 AM
    I haven't had any problems with my trackball on my tour yet... But if I do I will be sure to check this out....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 07:50 AM
    Mods Move This Please!!!!!!
    09-08-09 08:14 AM
    Thanks for sharing

09-08-09 09:34 AM
    Mods Move This Please!!!!!!
    Why? This is a good tip! And much easier to find! Not like there's not enough room on the threds now!

09-08-09 10:02 AM
    why move it??!!?? It is a legit thread. I am on everyday and havent noticed it anywhere else. sheesh. thanks expedia.
    09-08-09 10:18 AM
    Ya, I see so many whining about their track ball issues and they want to run back to the store to exchange it. Wonder how many have tried the white paper to clean it trick? It's bound to pick up oil from our fingers and start working erratically!

Close call: I know from experience that I don't go near my boat without my phone in a ziplock bag . . . Already slipped on the boat ramp's algae while cranking it back on the trailer twice with Treo's in my shorts pocket.

This time on Labor day I went in up to my waist again and jumped up and felt for my phone in my shorts . . . Yep, it was there, but in the baggy this time

To think I even pondered to maybe go without the $9 a month insurance and the huge deductible. I got it anyway and I almost needed it again.

The new point and shoot cameras are now coming out in waterproof versions . . . they should make a waterproof "sport" version of the Tour IMO.
    Just using it in the rain might fry it very easily
    09-08-09 09:46 PM
    funny...i have the exact opposite experience. I had a trackball, but it was very "slippery." I cleaned with alcohol and qtip a ton of times, everytime it made it worst. It got too annoying to do it everyday and for a few days i didn't clean it...i guess some oil built up and gave me traction and now its perfect...
    09-08-09 10:13 PM
    I used to do this with the trackball on my Mighty Mouse. It worked very well. Then I got carried away one time, pushed too hard, and broke the trackball mechanism.

09-08-09 10:20 PM
    Ya, I see so many whining about their track ball issues and they want to run back to the store to exchange it. Wonder how many have tried the white paper to clean it trick? It's bound to pick up oil from our fingers and start working erratically!

Close call: I know from experience that I don't go near my boat without my phone in a ziplock bag . . . Already slipped on the boat ramp's algae while cranking it back on the trailer twice with Treo's in my shorts pocket.

This time on Labor day I went in up to my waist again and jumped up and felt for my phone in my shorts . . . Yep, it was there, but in the baggy this time

To think I even pondered to maybe go without the $9 a month insurance and the huge deductible. I got it anyway and I almost needed it again.

The new point and shoot cameras are now coming out in waterproof versions . . . they should make a waterproof "sport" version of the Tour IMO.
    Just using it in the rain might fry it very easily
    Check this Blackberry 9630 underwater! - Blackberry Stuff - If it is Geek- Then it is Zen
    09-08-09 10:40 PM
    Hmm, does it actually leave any residue on the paper?
    09-08-09 11:33 PM
    Hmm, does it actually leave any residue on the paper?
    I don't think it would really leave anything on the paper. Just takes off a little grease or something.
    09-09-09 12:41 AM
    Mine left black marks on the paper???
    09-09-09 06:54 AM
    I posted this a while back:

Labphoto 11:27 AM 08-27-2009 -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!]

Get a clean piece of white paper and lay on a flat surface. Then flip the Blackberry with the trackball towards the paper. Move the Blackberry around on the paper in a circular motion. That should remove any oddball junk in the trackball. Trust me it works.

09-09-09 07:36 AM
    seems to have worked well....I love you. hahah
    09-09-09 09:48 AM
    haha you can't see dirt on a black trackball!
    09-09-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD