I have noticed that after a battery pull my app memory is at about 108 MB but around the end of the day its at about 100 MB and has been as low as 96 MB. I only have a few apps Google Maps, Weather Eye, CB Launcher, BB App World, iheartradio and only one today theme. Each time I do a batt pull the memory goes back up. Is this normal? Also I do use the close function instead of just backing out of apps or programs.

Is there a way to see what apps or programs are running in the background other than holding the bb key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 05:18 AM
    my experience, and this is just my opinion so others will tell you differently but...ONE of those apps you have installed...don't know which one (you will have to play the "guess, check, and revise" game) to see which one is causing your memory leak...Uninstall one app at the time and use the phone for a day and see if that was the app causing the memory loss...if i had to GUESS which one it was I would say iheartradio but don't know...

goodluck my friend!
    09-25-09 05:33 AM
    my experience, and this is just my opinion so others will tell you differently but...ONE of those apps you have installed...don't know which one (you will have to play the "guess, check, and revise" game) to see which one is causing your memory leak...Uninstall one app at the time and use the phone for a day and see if that was the app causing the memory loss...if i had to GUESS which one it was I would say iheartradio but don't know...

goodluck my friend!
    and PS- your phone will work FINE even up to 10-20MB of memory from what I have read and heard from one of the moderators on here...so no matter what you are safe but still I know that feeling because it is just annoying knowing that something is draining it!
    09-25-09 05:35 AM
    Could be worse, you could start at 23

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 05:39 AM
    Things that use up memory
    1) phone call logs
    2) eMails that are not deleted after reading
    3) browser history / cookies
    4) sms/mms that are not deleted after reading
    5) apps that are still running in the background that wasn't properly closed out.
    09-25-09 08:44 AM
    My wife has a one month old Curve. Battery keeps running down ( all of a sudden ) and I was trying to find out which apps were running, but when I held down the Blackberry key, it just took me to the full screen of all the apps, not the screen of just running apps.

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong. With my Tour, I just hold the key down and voila.

jr
    09-25-09 10:28 AM
    My wife has a one month old Curve. Battery keeps running down ( all of a sudden ) and I was trying to find out which apps were running, but when I held down the Blackberry key, it just took me to the full screen of all the apps, not the screen of just running apps.

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong. With my Tour, I just hold the key down and voila.
    That shortcut was only added in OS 4.6 in later builds and above. In OS 4.5 you can still bring up the app switcher by pressing ALT+ESC.
    09-25-09 10:34 AM
    Thanks a bunch.
    09-25-09 11:05 AM
    im worse than you bro. I have 70 MB left. i dont understand. i only have aboout 5 or 6 apps. only bigger ones are pandora and iheartradio.. everything else small....i delte my texts and calls. i reboot. i dunno. does anybody think i should get it exchanged?
    09-25-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD