Hey, I'm loking to get a new trackball for my tour, I want a real oem one, not those ****ty ones from cnn.cn. Also, where can you buy the little white dot from? The one covering a screw so they can tell if you took the phone apart?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 01:43 PM
    You can't buy the white dots. The only place I could think of would be CNN.cn, but you don't want one from there...
    08-01-09 01:44 PM
    That's bull, you have to be able to buy white dots from somewhere. And ya the trackball I got for my brothers bold from cnn.cn sucked massively

08-01-09 01:46 PM
    I've boight my trackballs through

Amazon

from DB Roth. They've been just fine. They've worked just fine.

08-01-09 02:31 PM
    Thanks a lot guys.

Also, one more question, any idea where I can get some replacement T6 and T7 screws?

08-01-09 04:25 PM
    I took my Tour apart and removed the white security dot. Ended up exchanging my Tour still because of trackball issues. How? Simple, I work at a Security System Corp. I only had rectangular white tear away label at work. Looks like the RIM security label but in the size of 1in by 1in. I used and exacto knife to almost cut a perfect circle then just shaved off the excess while the screw was on the blackberry with an exacto knife.

The labels we use at work are these:

Tamper Indicating Labels available from Brady
    Hey, do you know where I could order one of those labels from?
    Thanks

08-01-09 04:29 PM
    I used a plastic paper reinforcer and just cut a little circle out of that. It looks pretty legit. I just hope it passes if I ever have to take it back.
    08-01-09 04:38 PM
    messaged u, thanks alot
    08-02-09 10:37 PM
    nope, just looking for a solution just in case lol. pre emptively,
    08-03-09 12:28 AM
    nope, just looking for a solution just in case lol. pre emptively,
    Just in case you mess it up so you can take it back and get a new one and trick them into thinking you didn't void your warranty?
    08-03-09 12:29 AM
    FYI, what you're doing is fraudulent. If you are wanting the white dot, it could only mean one thing... "backup plan." Which means you're planning to return the phone as if it has never been opened in the event that you screw the phone up or something. Otherwise, you wouldn't need another white dot unless you were planning on returning.

Also, why would you need an OEM trackball? Did you ruin the first one? Nothing wrong with that. It's only wrong if you plan to return it and be deceptive about it (acting as if it's in its original hardware).

My advice? If you want a better trackball, just return the phone for an exchange w/o opening it.

Also, the Tour's trackball is COMPLETELY different than any other BlackBerry. So using your dad's BlackBerry isn't supposed to be the same as your Tours. Unless you are unable to scroll up, down, left and right - your Tour is not defective. Yes, it feels different than your dad's, but it's supposed to be that way by design.

Take a look at my signature for an interesting story.
    Last edited by kingzee; 08-03-09 at 04:36 AM.
    08-03-09 04:23 AM
    Mods, please delete this thread. If RIM or a BlackBerry carrier sees this type of thread, our costs will increase and folks may not be able to return their phones legitimately.
    08-03-09 04:41 AM
    Just in case you mess it up so you can take it back and get a new one and trick them into thinking you didn't void your warranty?

FYI, what you're doing is fraudulent. If you are wanting the white dot, it could only mean one thing... "backup plan." Which means you're planning to return the phone as if it has never been opened in the event that you screw the phone up or something. Otherwise, you wouldn't need another white dot unless you were planning on returning.

Also, why would you need an OEM trackball? Did you ruin the first one? Nothing wrong with that. It's only wrong if you plan to return it and be deceptive about it (acting as if it's in its original hardware).

My advice? If you want a better trackball, just return the phone for an exchange w/o opening it.

Also, the Tour's trackball is COMPLETELY different than any other BlackBerry. So using your dad's BlackBerry isn't supposed to be the same as your Tours. Unless you are unable to scroll up, down, left and right - your Tour is not defective. Yes, it feels different than your dad's, but it's supposed to be that way by design.

Take a look at my signature for an interesting story.
    What if say his trackball goes bad and he's past the initial thirty day return window or for whatever reason can't afford the (now) $90 deductible? How is it fraudulent to want to save some cash and fix a problem yourself if you can? Why do you guys automatically assume he's trying to pull one over on someone? You don't know him or his circumstances. Get over yourselves and stop assuming that everyone who isn't you is out to rip someone off.

08-03-09 05:34 AM
    What if say his trackball goes bad and he's past the initial thirty day return window or for whatever reason can't afford the (now) $90 deductible? How is it fraudulent to want to save some cash and fix a problem yourself if you can? Why do you guys automatically assume he's trying to pull one over on someone? You don't know him or his circumstances. Get over yourselves and stop assuming that everyone who isn't you is out to rip someone off.

Then he's got no reason to want the tamper stickers. He's got a choice. Take it back now because he's within the 30 days. Take it back later under the warranty for a refurb. Or fix it himself and risk damaging it. But after it is damaged he should not have the option to still return it under the guise that he never tampered with it.
    08-03-09 07:08 AM
    Also, the Tour's trackball is COMPLETELY different than any other BlackBerry.
    Wrong... Curve trackballs work just fine in the Tour. Yes they look different, but the contacts are the same.
    08-03-09 04:13 PM
    Then he's got no reason to want the tamper stickers. He's got a choice. Take it back now because he's within the 30 days. Take it back later under the warranty for a refurb. Or fix it himself and risk damaging it. But after it is damaged he should not have the option to still return it under the guise that he never tampered with it.
    To take it apart you have to remove the sticker so I could see why he would want a spare but that"s beside the point.
    My problem is with the people on here that assume things without knowing the entire situation. He may in fact be doing something he's not supposed to but no one knows for sure yet you guys have no problems calling someone a fraud. How about answering the original questions and leaving the personal comments to yourself.
    08-03-09 04:24 PM
    Hey, do you know where I could order one of those labels from?
    Thanks

Uh didn't u just link where u could get those in the same post?

08-03-09 04:32 PM

I noticed that too, lol.
    08-03-09 05:00 PM

I noticed that too, lol.
    lol, you both noticed wrong, click in the link, theres no place to order
    08-03-09 07:36 PM
    Lolok yah. These look a lot like p touch label tho. Those are easy to find

08-03-09 08:22 PM
    lol, you both noticed wrong, click in the link, theres no place to order
    lol, you noticed wrong. On their website if you look at the top right there's a link called "where to buy"

dont be a d-bag.
    08-03-09 09:21 PM
    lol, you noticed wrong. On their website if you look at the top right there's a link called "where to buy"

dont be a d-bag.
    im in canada
    08-03-09 09:26 PM
    Ok. Put in a us zip code and see if any of the locations have a website where you can order from. For instance, put in 27577 and check if those places have one. I pretty sure fastenall has one.
    08-03-09 09:48 PM
    Ok. Put in a us zip code and see if any of the locations have a website where you can order from. For instance, put in 27577 and check if those places have one. I pretty sure fastenall has one.
    Good idea I'll try that out. Thanks

08-03-09 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD