I'm looking for some comprehensive documentation about the various options and settings on my Tour. I have the help files, which are OK, but are really just the User Guide, which isn't comprehensive.

For instance, I want to find a description of what "Previous" means. There is documentation that says "Previous" is one of the values for a particular setting, but not what it actually means. And there are many other option settings that are unclear as to what they do, too.

Where is this level of information documented?

Thanks.
    08-02-09 09:11 AM
    You need a definition of previous?
    Look that up on definition.com or wikipedia

Search for some tips and tricks threads here or on the bold forums. That might help you get started.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 10:54 AM
    try the actual rim or blackberry site. they have some helpful documents over there.
    08-02-09 11:29 AM
    You need a definition of previous?
    Look that up on definition.com or wikipedia

Search for some tips and tricks threads here or on the bold forums. That might help you get started.

Hey, thanks for the great help.

Yes, in this context, I'd like to know what "Previous" means. It may be very literal. It may not be. But that was just one example. It would be nice if every single parameter value was self-explanatory, but they aren't.

I did search all over this site and the Blackberry site, and I Googled it, too. I can't find a document which has this level of information. The only documentation I can find is the User Guide, which is why I asked here.
    08-02-09 11:45 AM
    Is this your first blackberry? I find that if it is then Blackberry 101 would prob answer alot of your questions. I dont believe yo uwill find a document with every parameter value defined.
    08-02-09 02:23 PM
    Most stuff is on BB 101, everything else we can help you with.

08-02-09 03:22 PM
    Is this your first blackberry? I find that if it is then Blackberry 101 would prob answer alot of your questions. I dont believe yo uwill find a document with every parameter value defined.
    I've had an 8703e, 8330, 7100i, 8350i, and now 2 9630s. They have ALL suffered from a lack of documentation. The Tour is no exception.

I'm not a noob, folks.
    08-02-09 04:16 PM
    Most stuff is on BB 101, everything else we can help you with.

I appreciate the offers of help here. CB is a wonderful site.

But I'm not looking for that type of help. I'm looking for a manual or other documentation that explains each and every parameter in detail. I had thought RIM would have produced that kind of thing, but I guess not. I don't want to be in the business of having to run to CB every time I have another question about one parameter or another.
    08-02-09 04:19 PM
    No such documentation exists.

You are just going to have to figure it out by trial and error, by reading threads, and by posting questions.
    08-02-09 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD