There is an authorized retailer in my town, I was thinking about going up there and talking to the guy, but I have two questions.

1. Do authorized retailers even sell phones sans-contract? I guess it wouldn't make sense for them to do so...

2. Would he get the phone day one (or close to?) or is there a delay for authorized retailers?

I live in the type of town where no one would want this phone, so I figure if I can go up there and talk to him I could have easy sailing. However, if the answer to number one is a no I don't want to go up there looking like a fool.
    07-01-09 02:04 PM
    The only way you're going to get a phone sans-contract is if you pay the retail price. I do believe that they would have it though.
    07-01-09 02:26 PM
    The only way you're going to get a phone sans-contract is if you pay the retail price. I do believe that they would have it though.
    I have no problem paying full retail. I signed a contract with Verizon a couple of months ago. I knew about the Tour, but I didn't want to wait any longer to leave Sprint.

The only maneuvering or slick stuff I am trying to pull is to get it as early/easy as I can. I just wasn't sure if authorized retailers sold the phones without activating/extending a contract.

Do you think if I went and talked to him he'd be able to place an order for it, or are they going to just take what they can get? I really don't know how being an authorized retailer vs. an actual verizon store works.
    07-01-09 02:29 PM
    Just in case anyone cared, I wouldn't bother with the retailer.

I went and spoke to someone there, and at first he didn't know what the phone was. I told him to look it up, and he said it was on the computer but not in his system yet or something. Then he said regardless he should have it a week after launch.

I gave him my number to call me if he gets any info or the phone, but it seems like I'll be better off hitting up an official verizon store or getting a pre-order somehow over the phone.
    07-01-09 09:54 PM
    Don't feel bad. I called Verizon today and the first rep I spoke to told me the phone was not in their system yet either.
    07-01-09 10:00 PM
    There is an authorized retailer in my town, I was thinking about going up there and talking to the guy, but I have two questions.

1. Do authorized retailers even sell phones sans-contract? I guess it wouldn't make sense for them to do so...

2. Would he get the phone day one (or close to?) or is there a delay for authorized retailers?

I live in the type of town where no one would want this phone, so I figure if I can go up there and talk to him I could have easy sailing. However, if the answer to number one is a no I don't want to go up there looking like a fool.
    You can get an unlocked Tour on eBay right now.
    You can also get one on eBay sans contract, but it will cost you.

****, you can get just about anything on eBay.

Good luck.

10 more days.
    07-01-09 11:03 PM
    You can get an unlocked Tour on eBay right now.
    You can also get one on eBay sans contract, but it will cost you.

****, you can get just about anything on eBay.

Good luck.

10 more days.
    Yea, not for $489 though :-(
    07-01-09 11:12 PM
    Full retail is way more than 489 so on ebay that's a steal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 11:31 PM
    Full retail is way more than 489 so on ebay that's a steal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What are you talking about?

Full retail IS $489.

Ebay Tours are going $600-700+

EDIT: Actually Pre-Orders are going for $600-700, $200+ more than retail. The only ACTUAL phone I see on there is over a grand.
    Last edited by gpgorbosjr; 07-02-09 at 12:41 AM.
    07-02-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD