When was the earliest build dates that solved the earlier hardware issues?
    10-07-09 07:45 PM
    The green dot Tours showed up around August 20 or so.
    10-07-09 09:31 PM
    I just got my green dot Tour today and the date is 9/09. Works perfect and much better than my last 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 09:38 PM
    I have one that is perfect 7-28-09.
    10-07-09 09:44 PM
    Mine is a Sept 1 green dot and works perfectly.

10-07-09 11:08 PM
    I have one that is perfect 7-28-09.
    +1, same date, no issues

10-08-09 06:38 AM
    mine is perfect...
    10-08-09 07:02 AM
    Was told, and experienced, last week of July and or first week of August build dates are when the "quality" trackballs arrived.
    10-08-09 07:27 AM
    How are you guys exchanging your Tours? Just taking it back to a Verizon store? Or customer service over the phone and getting one shipped to you? Or using insurance on it?
    10-08-09 07:39 AM
    How are you guys exchanging your Tours? Just taking it back to a Verizon store? Or customer service over the phone and getting one shipped to you? Or using insurance on it?
    I went to the store twice and was given new tours with no issue at all.
    10-08-09 08:28 AM
    "quality" trackballs are included on all Tour's manufactured on 8/19/09 and beyond.
    10-08-09 08:36 AM
    May I ask where you got that info? Also, do ou have any idea what they did to improve the trackball? Curious...

"quality" trackballs are included on all Tour's manufactured on 8/19/09 and beyond.
    10-08-09 09:10 AM
    My first Tour was 7/26/09. I thought it was perfect. Then, last Saturday, the trackball started to suck. Sprint was awesome and got me a brand NIB Tour (build date 9/09/09) with all accessories. I realized then that my original trackball was never really right. This feels like a different phone. The battery door is unbelievably tight, too. Kudos to RIM for getting this addressed and to Sprint for standing behind their service.

EDIT: I had my Tour 45 days before returning.
    Last edited by jeddmc; 10-08-09 at 12:33 PM.
    10-08-09 09:56 AM
    I went to the store twice and was given new tours with no issue at all.
    Did you take them back within certain time from when you bought your Tour? Does this count under the 1 year warranty?
    10-08-09 10:02 AM
    I'm a bit new to the BB scene, What is the green dot tour and how would I know if mine is or isn't, I'm pretty sure mine isn't seeing as the batter door is loose and the trackball goes stupid sometimes.... where exactly would I look?
    10-08-09 10:03 AM
    Mine, 0916 build, just got it yesterday, it's fine so far. NO GREEN DOT;

what are the trackball issues that I should be aware of?
    10-08-09 11:59 AM
    I received my third Tour on 8/11, worked fine for about a month and now it's barely usable. It DID have a green dot. Spoke to tech support today and they said that the phones with the redesigned assemblies were made in "late August" but he didn't give me an exact date. Getting my fourth (and hopefully) final Tour tomorrow in the mail, we'll see how that goes.

I did notice, however, that the "good" Tours seem to have a gap around the trackball. I noticed this in the store in which there were two Tours, one on display and the one I had, that didn't have a gap and both had bad trackballs. There was a third Tour that had a gap and it was absolutely perfect. I also believe I read somewhere on these forums of a guy that got a gapped-trackball Tour and his was perfect.
    10-08-09 12:31 PM
    I wish someone would confirm the reason for the trackball issue. Obviously we know it's hardware, but I want to know if it's just a whole new trackball, or other hardware changes need to be made. I would assume if it was just the trackball, VZW would just have their techs change out the trackball?
    10-08-09 12:35 PM
    I wish someone would confirm the reason for the trackball issue. Obviously we know it's hardware, but I want to know if it's just a whole new trackball, or other hardware changes need to be made. I would assume if it was just the trackball, VZW would just have their techs change out the trackball?
    It has something to do with the assembly. RIM is very tight lipped about this kind of stuff so I don't think we'll ever know for sure.
    10-08-09 12:39 PM
    July 4th mine was born. No loose battery door or tb issues. I wouldn't worry too much about build dates. There are plenty of good devices out there.

10-08-09 12:57 PM
    mine has a green dot on the box, there is a space between the phone and the battery door still and sometimes the trackball acts like it's not working, where do I look for the manufacture date? under the batter right?

is the green dot on the box what signifies a green dot BB.... if so then hopefully mine is and the trackball issue is just a coincidence.

edit: I looked underneath the battery, I don't see the date of manufacture, where do I find it?
    Last edited by liftedplane; 10-08-09 at 01:34 PM.
    10-08-09 01:31 PM
    edit: I looked underneath the battery, I don't see the date of manufacture, where do I find it?
    build date is on the box...dd/mm/yy
    10-08-09 06:00 PM
    I checked next to the sku on the box. I'd post a pic but I'm busy I don't see a date on there anywhere

Nvm I found it 280709 and the box has a greendot as well
    10-08-09 06:07 PM
    I ordered a replacement to the Tour that I had since the first day it came out. I had a bad trackball that wasn't moving good horizontally. I didn't want to order a replacement before just incase it came with a different problem. But I couldn't take it anymore.

I went to the Verizon store to exchange. The lady was trying to tell me that there was nothing wrong with the trackball. She put the sensibility all the way up to 100. I couldn't even click on anything without it moving. I had to give it back to her to change it back to 70. Good thing there was a guy there buying a new Tour and his trackball was way better. So she ordered me a replacement.

The replacement Tour is way better. It's night and day difference. I could now put as much or as little pressure on the trackball as I would like and it moves smoothly. No more "feathering" it.
    10-15-09 05:35 PM
    How to know if its a green dot? Is there an actual green dot on the box or something?

10-15-09 06:42 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD