Sice I got the Tour and returned it a bunch of times, it brought out the worst in cs reps and store workers. The things they told me to try and wiggle out of the return is anything from "We cant honor the thirty day promise" to "My manger has stomach issues and cant ok the return till till he gets back from the bathroom." My fav is the trackball and battery cover on ALL models of bbs are loose! are you kidding me??? Anyone have similar stories? Please do tell!!!
    08-12-09 12:27 AM
    Unrelated to the Blackberry, but someone told me the Palm Pre was 4G compatible.
    08-12-09 12:48 AM
    My Battery cover is loose... "have you tried resetting your device". Hmmm never thought of that fixing a battery cover.
    08-12-09 12:49 AM
    My Battery cover is loose... "have you tried resetting your device". Hmmm never thought of that fixing a battery cover.
    HAHAHA

This happened to me with a Storm that had click issues when it first came out. The rep was ok have you tried restarting the phone?
    08-12-09 01:24 AM
    I have only swapped once but I got the, "They're all like that..." about the battery door and the screen rippling. The funny thing is they don't take out their Tours and show me their loose battery doors and bad screen rippling. They agreed to swap it for me and while they worked on that I took a look at the display model in the store and absolutely no rippling and it was on 100 brightness. Assholes man... not like it comes out of their pocket and it only took 10 min to swap for me.
    08-12-09 01:29 AM
    It actually does come out of their pocket. If we give away too many replacement tours it costs the company money and the company may layoff.
    08-12-09 01:38 AM
    Well perhaps indirectly I guess. That is quite a stretch and they are able to send the defective phones back to RIM for credit. I work retail and I used to be the receiver so I have some knowledge as to how it is handled. We take anything and everything back if it is with in the return period. Furthermore, if you are a hard worker and do your job you will be less likely to be laid off. I know that isn't always the case in times like these but that is kind of a ridiculous line of thinking. The customer is not supposed to deal with defective products to save the jobs of cell provider employees.

Besides, if you start arguing with customers and telling them false things then they are more likely to complain and not continue your service. The real thing to do is make the customer happy so that you can keep them around and there hopefully won't need to be layoffs.
    08-12-09 01:53 AM
    Well then they should think of that before they release phones without fixing all the odds and ends.... I went thru so much with the storm and cs reps constantly told me new os would fix it or my all time favorite of " let's switch it out u might have gotten a bad storm" I went thru all that and finally when the tour came out I returhe storm the fourth time and offered to pay the differnce from my upgrade to the storm to get the tour and was told that I couldn't do that I had to DOWNGRADE to the curve or pearl or get another sh*tty storm... So I called the cs call center and went back and forth over two weeks being told I could get it, then couldn't at which point I was notified that the girl who promised me the tour as a multithru was at an outsourced call center and didn't kno they weren't allowed to do it, finally I got another outsourced center in canada and the girl immediately ordered me a tour and told me that vzw cs reps made up **** poor excuses and made their own rules.... The biggest problem is rim though, they are so obsessed with finding an iphone killer that they are rushing these phones out and just saying " well we will just try to fix the odds and ends later after we get it out there and millions of people already lock themselves down to it" the tour is much better than the storm as far as capabilities at launch but still has software and hardware flaws that could have been fixed with at the most another month or two of troubleshooting, testing, and design. So as far as vzw cs reps they have nothing to b*tch about bc people deserve what is advertised especially since ur putting all that out of pocket money back every month by paying ur bill, but at the same time rim needs to focus on a lil more time quality and effort into their products..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 02:02 AM
    Sorry timro that was in reply to the post before you... Don't want u to think I went soapbox on ya lol... Just the vzw rep before you

08-12-09 02:05 AM
    ^There you go. Sprint is not forced to offer these phones from RIM. They can offer the phones that they would like but it is in their best interest to offer BBs because they are popular and make them money. But then they turn around and try to deny perfectly valid returns with in the rules of the policy because they don't want to take a hit? Poor business practice...

Sorry timro that was in reply to the post before you... Don't want u to think I went soapbox on ya lol... Just the vzw rep before you
    Hah I knew what you meant. np
    08-12-09 02:10 AM
    Lol... I agree 100%... The sad part is if they went about the right way, no hassle, loyal customers wouldn't be considering jumpin ship, its crazy to get worked up over a phone, but verizon and sprint can take a hit, a middle class man or woman can't be expected to keep paying 100-130$+ a month for something they feel they got jipped on

08-12-09 02:16 AM
    Yeah. When I swapped mine I explained to the guys working there that I did feel like a whiner returning it for minor issues but no one wants to pay $300 for something that has defects and they both agreed.

08-12-09 02:30 AM
    Well perhaps indirectly I guess. That is quite a stretch and they are able to send the defective phones back to RIM for credit. I work retail and I used to be the receiver so I have some knowledge as to how it is handled. We take anything and everything back if it is with in the return period. Furthermore, if you are a hard worker and do your job you will be less likely to be laid off. I know that isn't always the case in times like these but that is kind of a ridiculous line of thinking. The customer is not supposed to deal with defective products to save the jobs of cell provider employees.

Besides, if you start arguing with customers and telling them false things then they are more likely to complain and not continue your service. The real thing to do is make the customer happy so that you can keep them around and there hopefully won't need to be layoffs.
    Except a significant amount of phones that come in for "warranty" issues really have nothing wrong with them.

I have never not gone back to a store because they refused to take off something off a bill that I owed. That'd be like me asking a restaurant to credit something because I didn't know it was going to be so expensive (big bill). There is such a thing as bad profit (customers who cost more to maintain than to dismiss) If we start creating the behavior that crediting for things is A-ok the customer expects this anytime they get overage, they tell their friends. So now we're crediting 25% then 30% then 35% of our overages. Now we can either keep doing that and file bankruptcy or we can say no and not credit and those customers will then disconnect (so did we really want to keep those customers anyways?). The # of customers you have is not as important as your cash expense per customer and your average revenue per user.

Verizon does not hurt allowing customers to churn due to the fact we will not credit valid charges (or in this case say no to warranty change).
    08-12-09 02:43 AM
    Well then they should think of that before they release phones without fixing all the odds and ends.... I went thru so much with the storm and cs reps constantly told me new os would fix it or my all time favorite of " let's switch it out u might have gotten a bad storm" I went thru all that and finally when the tour came out I returhe storm the fourth time and offered to pay the differnce from my upgrade to the storm to get the tour and was told that I couldn't do that I had to DOWNGRADE to the curve or pearl or get another sh*tty storm... So I called the cs call center and went back and forth over two weeks being told I could get it, then couldn't at which point I was notified that the girl who promised me the tour as a multithru was at an outsourced call center and didn't kno they weren't allowed to do it, finally I got another outsourced center in canada and the girl immediately ordered me a tour and told me that vzw cs reps made up **** poor excuses and made their own rules.... The biggest problem is rim though, they are so obsessed with finding an iphone killer that they are rushing these phones out and just saying " well we will just try to fix the odds and ends later after we get it out there and millions of people already lock themselves down to it" the tour is much better than the storm as far as capabilities at launch but still has software and hardware flaws that could have been fixed with at the most another month or two of troubleshooting, testing, and design. So as far as vzw cs reps they have nothing to b*tch about bc people deserve what is advertised especially since ur putting all that out of pocket money back every month by paying ur bill, but at the same time rim needs to focus on a lil more time quality and effort into their products..

This is like the biggest run on sentence I've seen on this board. I will try to respond.

I don't disagree that if you truly have a warranty issue with your phone that you should be able to exchange it for a working device. However, there are something that are just inherent with electronics (random reboots, sluggishness, memory loss, random errors). These cell phones are becoming more and more like computers everyday. No longer do they just call & text. Imagine if you took your computer back to best buy every time it did a random reboot.

There are customers who find things to complain about just to get a multi-exchange or to get a new device or to get credit among many other things. It is the telecom companies fault though. They started this vicious cycle of "credit me" attitude. It's starting to end though, Verizon is finally starting telling people "no" now.
    08-12-09 02:53 AM
    I sincerly apologize if I didn't follow this boards, or ur personal standard code of ethics for sentence use in this formal environment, and quite frankly I don't give a sh*t. You can ramble on like people naturally b*tch and I'm sure most do, but this is the atmosphere these companies have created with their advertising. People are led on to almost believe these phones were made by god himself, and then they r released and have such tick tack bugs, that u sit back and wonder, how in the **** could a developer possibly miss that?!? Verizon, sprint, alltel, rim and whoever should put more time into these phones and concentrate on all aspects, right down to the minor details. If they did this (even if it took a bit longer) it would have a tremendous impact on the amount of returns I guarantee it. There's no reason for a customer to see a great advertisement, go to a store, shell out 200-400$ +, get home and then discover they have loose battery doors, jacked up trackballs, or poor reception. You can fight for these companies all you want but answer this, if the storm was such an amazing phone, why was the storm 2 already being discussed 6 months after the release of the original. This shows that these companies knew it was flawed and the best thing to do was start from scratch while original owners were left in the dust. A month after the tours release and already a new wifi tour is being discussed. These things drive consumers away when they feel like their money wasn't good enough to get it right from the start. So pay attention all u want to my dragged out sentences, but u can't deny these companies bring these problems upon themselves<---- I made sure to add a period just for you ;-)

08-12-09 03:19 AM
    I sincerly apologize if I didn't follow this boards, or ur personal standard code of ethics for sentence use in this formal environment, and quite frankly I don't give a sh*t. You can ramble on like people naturally b*tch and I'm sure most do, but this is the atmosphere these companies have created with their advertising. People are led on to almost believe these phones were made by god himself, and then they r released and have such tick tack bugs, that u sit back and wonder, how in the **** could a developer possibly miss that?!? Verizon, sprint, alltel, rim and whoever should put more time into these phones and concentrate on all aspects, right down to the minor details. If they did this (even if it took a bit longer) it would have a tremendous impact on the amount of returns I guarantee it. There's no reason for a customer to see a great advertisement, go to a store, shell out 200-400$ +, get home and then discover they have loose battery doors, jacked up trackballs, or poor reception. You can fight for these companies all you want but answer this, if the storm was such an amazing phone, why was the storm 2 already being discussed 6 months after the release of the original. This shows that these companies knew it was flawed and the best thing to do was start from scratch while original owners were left in the dust. A month after the tours release and already a new wifi tour is being discussed. These things drive consumers away when they feel like their money wasn't good enough to get it right from the start. So pay attention all u want to my dragged out sentences, but u can't deny these companies bring these problems upon themselves<---- I made sure to add a period just for you ;-)

It's not my post structure code of ethics, it's rather to help you not look like a rambling fool. To each their own, I suppose.

The storm 2 being discussed 6 months later does not mean the storm is failure. The first iPhone was released then a year later another one was release and a year later another one. This is the industry you're talking about, it's an ever changing industry and it's always adapting. There is something always better that will be coming out.

If you believe that advertising should be absolutely correct, you better starting get mad at those fast food restaurants who put pictures of perfect burgers on their menus.
    08-12-09 04:09 AM
    If you believe that advertising should be absolutely correct, you better starting get mad at those fast food restaurants who put pictures of perfect burgers on their menus.
    haha, gg.
    08-12-09 06:04 AM
    "i've seen you here waaayyy too much in the past month. Just return the damn phone" hahaha. she was joking of course...or was she?
    08-12-09 06:10 AM
    Well then they should think of that before they release phones without fixing all the odds and ends.... I went thru so much with the storm and cs reps constantly told me new os would fix it or my all time favorite of " let's switch it out u might have gotten a bad storm"
    As an employee and someone who still has my one and only Storm, I don't see what's wrong with what you were told, and if you were not happy with what you were told, why not fight it at the time of occurence instead of complaining about it on the internet?

I'm not sure about other VZW reps and their stores, but our store is taking a much stronger stance on replacing phones. To many people have been spoiled for to long when it comes to replacing phones. We recently found out that over 80 percent of the phones that our store replaces have nothing wrong with them to begin with. As I've said on other forums, no matter what the phone, I can see them being bad once, and MAYBE twice, but there is something wrong with someone having more than two replacements.
    08-12-09 06:29 AM
    After owning Palm products for the past 10 years and seeing all types of issues on the palm forums I think the stores are far too lienent in swapping phones.

If they ever did a study it would probably show that 90% of the issues are from people loading on 3rd party apps as soon as they get their device or they tinker around with the settings until their phone starts freezing.

You can't believe how many Treo users actually take their phones apart just so they can post pics on the forum.

The stores give $500 phones away or give free ones of the lesser models to get people on the monthly billing plans.

I have found Verizon to lean over backwards to keep their customers happy. I've used the other companies and VZ has been great to me.

But of course many have to keep testing the waters and pushing the envelope. Data plans used to be unlimited until users tethered their phones with 3rd party apps, so they could get rid of their broadband connection. Or started using slingbox to stream TV for hours on end.

My suggestion to the companies is to void the 30 day exchange policy if an unapproved 3rd party app is installed on the phone within that time period.

Ya, the battery door is poor workmanship (but the piece of electrical tape fix worked like a charm, don't know if I read it here or the other BB forum).

Rimm might offer a fix or replacement at a point in the future for it.

Many track ball issues could be a result of jamming it into a non OEM case. This track ball is great but probably really sensitive to damage.

If people wnat to avoid these types of issues than just wait for the next generation and then it will probably even have the beloved WiFi (I don't see the need with unlimited data, but that's me).

If you want to be the early adapters of the latest and greatest devices you also need to be aware that when it comes to new technolgy the old saying
    08-12-09 07:42 AM
    Back to crazy claims, I had some Verizon store ***** tell me:

"See this chrome all around the outside of the phone? That's the antenna!"
    08-12-09 08:22 AM
    when I had my storm, I called verizon becuase the screen stopped clicking on the corners....

verizon insisted that a hard reset would make the screen click again after aruging with verizon telling them that its a hardwear problem and no matter how many hard resets you do on the phone its not gonna make the screen click again.... finally he thought I was the crazy one and sent me out a replacement storm....

people are soooo stupid sometimes
    08-12-09 08:39 AM
    It actually does come out of their pocket. If we give away too many replacement tours it costs the company money and the company may layoff.
    That doesn't matter as long as their battery door doesn't wiggle around.
    08-12-09 08:41 AM
    As an employee and someone who still has my one and only Storm, I don't see what's wrong with what you were told, and if you were not happy with what you were told, why not fight it at the time of occurence instead of complaining about it on the internet?

I'm not sure about other VZW reps and their stores, but our store is taking a much stronger stance on replacing phones. To many people have been spoiled for to long when it comes to replacing phones. We recently found out that over 80 percent of the phones that our store replaces have nothing wrong with them to begin with. As I've said on other forums, no matter what the phone, I can see them being bad once, and MAYBE twice, but there is something wrong with someone having more than two replacements.
    great, another Verizon wireless worker that doesnt know anything again...
    08-12-09 08:42 AM
    Then Verizon needs to talk to RIM about their QA issues. There are some things I can live with, but a non-functioning trackball is not one of them. That one problem can CRIPPLE a Blackberry.

I'm on my third Tour, which I got last night. Last night everything was fine - the trackball rolled perfectly, and after some setup issues (which were probably my fault) everything is running as it should.

However, this morning I felt the trackball start to slip AGAIN, and not hit the rollers. I have not abused it in any way, and I have not done anything to dirty it up.

It seems as if every Verizon rep on these boards has a "blame the user" attitude. I hope that's not what's being pushed down from on-high, because that's a horrible attitude to have. Yes, some users are just stupid. But those of us who have trackballs that don't grip the rollers and are being told to just "feather it and turn up the sensitivity" and to "use the trackball properly" (whatever the **** that means) are NOT at fault here. If you want to control losses, go to the SOURCE of the losses - the manufacturing problems with these phones. Don't blame the customers when they get rightfully upset when their phones don't work out of the box.
    Last edited by slinky317; 08-12-09 at 08:52 AM.
    08-12-09 08:48 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD