I keep getting spam like messages that are 'Wap Push Alerts'.
    07-14-09 09:54 PM
    A globe with a number 1 or 2 shows up and I can only locate the message in the messages folder. Its nothing more than a link to something i've never heard of.
    07-14-09 10:02 PM
    WAP=Wireless Application Protocol.........it is used to enable access to the mobile web from a mobile phone with services as a computer based browser., you might want to go to 'options' and check your 'Browser Push' settings....
    07-14-09 10:13 PM
    it's what happens before you get shoved by an italian
    07-14-09 10:15 PM
    Also you might want to check your computer based browser., for example if you are using Google and you may have some Google Alerts on or whatever from the past...my 2 cents....
    07-14-09 10:21 PM
    My Browser Push settings are exactly like the ones on my Curve. I never had any of these "WAP Push Alerts" come to my Curve.
    07-14-09 10:32 PM
    Is there any way I can force a page to load up in WAP? For example, I want to load BGR in the mobile version, but it loads the full version by default. How can I change this?
    07-14-09 10:51 PM
    I am getting these too, just since I activated the Tour. Anyone know what they are, and how to stop them? I wonder if PeekABlock will help with them? They call come from 8000000 for me......
    07-16-09 01:35 PM
    I just activated my Tour (Sprint) and I am getting these too. from 800000. Very annoying. How to stop? At least how to disable notifactions from one of these wap messages would be helpful?
    07-18-09 09:31 PM

jk its still kinda mean, even though its not widely used enough for people to call the italian al sharpton
    07-18-09 10:12 PM
    Did anybody get a final answer to this question? This is my second day with my Tour and I'm getting the same messaages. How do I prevent it? Is this something I should be worried about?
    09-04-09 10:26 PM
    I have received two since I activated mine a couple of hours ago
    11-25-09 08:11 PM
    This is happening to me now too. I just changed my number and now I get these WAP PUSH Alert messages. I'm wondering if it has to do with my old number and things that were being sent to my old (samsung rant dumb phone) I turned off my wap settings in the options menu and was wondering if anyone knew what I would be missing by doing this. So far all that is missing is those wap push alerts =)

options>advanced options>browser push = unchecked enable wap push ( i did leave allow wap push applications checked to on)

EDIT: this morning got another one with wap push off, wap app on. gonna try both off
    Last edited by qwiksilver; 02-03-10 at 09:40 AM.
    02-03-10 01:15 AM
    lmao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao i laughed so hard just then lmfao

need ringtones..check the sig
    02-03-10 01:17 AM
    I too am getting these notices....make them stop!! They have a link which is broken everytime.
    02-26-10 01:01 PM
    WAP=Wireless Application Protocol.........it is used to enable access to the mobile web from a mobile phone with services as a computer based browser., you might want to go to 'options' and check your 'Browser Push' settings....
    What should my options be set to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 06:36 AM
    make. it. stop. haha..

anybody figured out the fix yet?
    07-03-10 12:40 PM
    Very weird. I have never received any of these. Is it a Sprint thing?
    07-03-10 01:44 PM
    I keep getting these too after activating my tour from a curve on my sprint acct? It's annoying. I read someplace that the curve needs to be hooked back up to DM manager so it can figure out that it's no longer activated? I don't know what they mean by DM though?
    08-27-10 12:45 PM
    I have the 8530 Curve and so does my wife. I got a replacement phone about a week ago and every since i got it I see these WAP push alerts. Little annoying but I'm more curious to what they are more than anything. I checked the settings on my wifes phone and they are exactly the same as mind, but yet I get the alerts and she doesnt? My previous phone didnt display them either?

On anther note speaking of the browser. I sure wish RIM would somehow make the browser faster. I understand the security feature, but for it to take 30 seconds to load a page is ridiculous!
    09-17-10 03:49 PM
    I tried this: Went to Setting -> Device -> Advanced Settings -> Service book and deleted the WAP push entry -> Restart my BB

It seems to solve the problem, no more spam msg till now. Let see if it keeps working, otherwise I will report here.
    09-04-12 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD