I called twice, went down to the store, and went to a little chat room with a rep.

She really didn't know what was going on.

First reps story: I'm sorry i can't pre-order this for you because you already have an account.

Second rep: I'm sorry there's a glitch in our website and we'll have it up and running soon.

me: when?

rep: soon, i'm not sure.

me: can i pre-order it from you since its down?

rep: i'm sorry my ******* something manager says you can do it online only.

Walked into the store:
    Me: Hi! can i pre-order the Blackberry tour here?

rep: Its best to do it online. We won't get the tour until one week of the release date.

Chatroom:
    rep: blah blah blah

me: can i pre-order the blackberry tour

rep: i'm sorry but our systems are down.

I love their stories, I'll switch to sprint if this is how they're going to treat me. 4 years of loyal service and this crap happens. I live in the city i get reception everywhere.
    07-01-09 01:45 PM
    It has already been announced that there is a known glitch in their system, they said it should be working correctly sometime today i believe.
    07-01-09 01:57 PM
    I am a current customer and i did the online chat. She told me there is an abvious problem with the system and it is being worked on right now. She said to try again later. Im just going to wait till the 12th and get one from the store that day.
    07-01-09 02:02 PM
    Wow, relax. I'm sure they aren't out to intentionally screw YOU. How is pre ordering it 11 days ahead of time any different than 10 days ahead of time? Wait for the glitch to be fixed. Not like ordering it today will get it to you faster.
    07-01-09 02:03 PM
    I'm just as impatient to get the phone as the next guy, but like the poster above me said, they're not being malicious towards you. If you pre-order the phone the day before the launch, you'll be fine. You are pushing various reps for information they don't have, and they're doing their best to provide you with an answer.

And if you don't like their attempt to help you, I'm not sure you'll enjoy being with Sprint. I have had awful experiences during my 5 years with them.
    07-01-09 02:07 PM
    Wow, relax. I'm sure they aren't out to intentionally screw YOU. How is pre ordering it 11 days ahead of time any different than 10 days ahead of time? Wait for the glitch to be fixed. Not like ordering it today will get it to you faster.
    Unless there's a waiting list that's determined by when you ordered it. If there is any delay on getting it, then Verizon is basically giving preferential treatment to new customers.
    07-01-09 02:46 PM
    The thing is that we don't know for sure that it is a glitch. I think there is more of a case for saying that this isn't a glitch. I'm not necessarily saying that they did this on purpose, but they could have. I personally tend to believe that this is a marketing ploy, but I could be wrong. I understand that it doesn't matter if we get it now are a week from now or whatever. The thing that matters to me is that I would like to think that a company would try to help out their customers more than luring in new customers. What kind of incentive is it for me to bring my business to a company that'll only be good to me in the beginning. Customers are being treated as less than those who are not customers, that is not acceptable to me. Sorry about the rambling rant, just frustrated. Not by the wait, but by verizon as a company.
    07-01-09 03:11 PM
    The VZW website doesn't say there is a glitch. It just says preorders not available for current customers. I had a rep say the same thing to me that there was a glitch and it would be fixed by tomorrow, but why not just say that on the website then, if that is the case?
    07-01-09 04:56 PM
    The rep told me that only new customers can pre-order.
    07-01-09 05:11 PM
    I think all carriers are solely focused on getting new customers because the majority of their current customers are under contract.
    The possible excetion to this is Sprint, who learned the hard way how it feels to bleed customers. I hope that Sprint steps up to the plate here and shows VZW how to be thankful to a loyal customer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 05:23 PM
    this isnt really a upgrade experience but iv had 5 storms and my last one was new and its doing the same thing its sticking like its had something spilt in it but it hasent so i ask the tech support guy if he would send me the tour and he first said that wasnt possible but then looking over the account he then said he could since i was a high value customer and pay 170 a month and that he would call me back tommorrow for a definate answer so iv got my fingers crossed haha
    07-01-09 05:24 PM
    Pre order? for what? you'll receive the phone the same day as the guy placing the order on the 12th, that upcoming tues. The only time to get it on the 12th is going to bestbuy, a vzw retail location, or a bjs wholesaler who also has vzw reail locations in them
    07-01-09 07:23 PM
    i live right next to a verizon store, not a jump away.

More importantly than getting my phone on time is the principles of this corporation. this is obviously a marketing technique.
    they're willing to give new customers an advantage over senior customers, thats unfair.
    The worst part is, they're lying and making us cross our fingers and wait until we can upgrade our phone.
    I held out on the storm because it was crup, bad move on verizon part to buy that phone.

I hope sprint will merge with some other phone company and take verizon on. Even though i get service everywhere i know that verizon is a powerful corporation that will charge my rear for every little thing.
    competition is the only reason why verizon's prices are where they are.

I'm pissed that they would do this to us, not when i get my phone.
    07-02-09 12:14 AM
    The VZW website doesn't say there is a glitch. It just says preorders not available for current customers. I had a rep say the same thing to me that there was a glitch and it would be fixed by tomorrow, but why not just say that on the website then, if that is the case?
    It says that "pre-orders not available for upgrade orders AT THIS TIME". Those last 3 words are quite important. It doesn't say that pre-orders won't be available just that they aren't AT THIS TIME. It would be foolish to post a specific day & time that a glitch will be fixed as we all know that troubleshooting and fixing glitches can take longer than expected and then what? A whole new round of complaints I'd guess.
    07-02-09 12:21 AM
    It says that "pre-orders not available for upgrade orders AT THIS TIME". Those last 3 words are quite important. It doesn't say that pre-orders won't be available just that they aren't AT THIS TIME. It would be foolish to post a specific day & time that a glitch will be fixed as we all know that troubleshooting and fixing glitches can take longer than expected and then what? A whole new round of complaints I'd guess.
    agreed. i'm sure they're not out to screw us all over, and that we'll all be able to preorder online, for those who didn't already call CS and telesales.
    it'll all be fine.
    breathe in, breathe out.
    07-02-09 12:37 AM
    You people need to quit complaining about it. Its JUST A PHONE. Good god most of you are ignorant complainging about someone not giving you info. Sut up and wait for the phone to come out. If you dont get it for a week. O well, you will still be alive.
    07-02-09 12:48 AM
    We can take our "Tin Foil" hats off now. I don't believe Vzw is out to screw us. At least not in public
    07-02-09 03:35 AM
    There are 3 corp stores in my area, Tulsa OK. Called all 3 today. First one told me they will have the Tour in stock on the 12th and it will only be available to new customers and customers who are adding a new line of service, no upgrades. He took my name and put me on a "list" for new line of service. The other two stores both said they should have the Tour in the store on the 12th and it will be available for new line, new customer, or upgrade.
    07-02-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD