I have Sprint now and I'm eligible for a $150 discount if I upgrade right now. How much is the Tour going to be? Is there going to be a mail-in rebate or are they just going to give you a price upfront and leave it there.
    07-04-09 02:40 PM
    199.99 after MIR
    07-04-09 02:44 PM
    199.99 after MIR
    How much is the MIR?
    07-04-09 02:53 PM
    I believe MIR is $100

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 03:00 PM
    Always a $100 MIR on smartphones.
    07-04-09 03:41 PM
    Always a $100 MIR on smartphones.
    Is it? I figured because of the instant rebate it'd only be 70.00
    The MIR and IR differ if one were to just pick it up in store?
    07-04-09 03:43 PM
    The IR are the ones that flutter.

Dumbphones and aircards are almost always $50, with the exception being Instinct at $100.

Smartphones have $100 MIR.

The Pre and Instinct require an Everything Data plan to recieve your rebate, Smartphones require an Everything Data or $25 or higher data plan, and the other dumbphones must be on a voice plan $39.99 or higher.
    Last edited by TonyTurboII; 07-04-09 at 03:52 PM.
    07-04-09 03:50 PM
    Anyone know what the retail price will be? I would like to pick one up. But I am a new sprint customer and don't think I will be getting any kind of rebate. Lol
    07-04-09 04:12 PM
    What is MIR and IR?
    07-04-09 05:36 PM
    What is MIR and IR?
    mail in rebate

instant rebate
    07-04-09 05:44 PM
    Anyone know what the retail price will be? I would like to pick one up. But I am a new sprint customer and don't think I will be getting any kind of rebate. Lol
    lol if u'r anew customer, u'd get the 2 year pricing for 199 after 100 MIR
    07-04-09 05:45 PM
    What is MIR and IR?
    Mail In Rebate

Istant Rebate

and i think the 199. price is solid
    07-04-09 05:47 PM
    Been with sprint for about 8-9 years and only upgraded once through out that entire time... I'm currently out of contract on all four of my lines.. but I don't plan on messing with it..

I'll probably Ebay my 9630
    07-04-09 05:54 PM
    Been with sprint for about 8-9 years and only upgraded once through out that entire time... I'm currently out of contract on all four of my lines.. but I don't plan on messing with it..

I'll probably Ebay my 9630
    Why ebay??
    07-04-09 06:07 PM
    The tour is gonna sell like crazy!!! (Regardless of $)
    07-04-09 06:13 PM
    lol if u'r anew customer, u'd get the 2 year pricing for 199 after 100 MIR
    I didn't mean I am coming on to sprint new right now.. I meant I have only been with sprint for a couple months. Lol. Poor choice of words on my part. So what will the FULL RETAIL price be on the Tour. I am thinking if it's reasonable I'll sell my curve and just pay the difference.
    07-04-09 07:16 PM
    Regular retail on the Curve was $569, so I'll bet that it will be somewhere in that ballpark...
    07-04-09 07:23 PM
    $$$$$489.99 OH nvm i realized that's verizons price.. It would be dumb if they didn't match that pricing
    07-04-09 09:34 PM
    I didn't mean I am coming on to sprint new right now.. I meant I have only been with sprint for a couple months. Lol. Poor choice of words on my part. So what will the FULL RETAIL price be on the Tour. I am thinking if it's reasonable I'll sell my curve and just pay the difference.
    I signed up with Sprint in February and got under 24 month contract my BB 8330 which is awesome, but obviously I love the Tour 9630 which I know will be my next phone.

I spoke with a BB Sprint rep yesterday and explained to me that to get it, I have to pay the $199 (and I'm guessing + the $100 MIR=$300 which sucks), but will have to extend to another 24 month contract; that's the only catch...in other words, I won't have to pay FULL RETAIL for the 9630, technically only the $199 and a new 24 mth contract which will start on 7/12/09 if I can get my hands into one 9630...we'll see.

I plan to sell my 8330 for at least $150 on eBay or Craigslist to absorb most of the cost of the TOUR, which seems an outstanding phone... and I'm not switching to VZW, my wife also has Sprint (Instinct which I totally dislike) so it works for both of us; and the plans are more inexpensive than VZW.
    07-04-09 09:57 PM
    I have Sprint now and I'm eligible for a $150 discount if I upgrade right now. How much is the Tour going to be? Is there going to be a mail-in rebate or are they just going to give you a price upfront and leave it there.
    From what I understood with my conversation with the BB Sprint rep yesterday, any discount you carry on your account can be applied to the $199. You will pay minus $150, which is pretty sweet I understood from the rep that this is a way to keep you happy with Sprint, like a win-win situation for both parties.

I'm jealous, that's a cheap BB Tour for about $49, you should be extremely happy!
    07-04-09 10:05 PM
    Anyone know what it will be retail?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 10:38 PM

I also received the same message as well ($150 discount) so i assume that would mean i am only eligible for just that much and not $199?

Also, can someone explain to me world phone feature? For example, whenever i go out of the country and bring this phone, i can just buy a prepaid simcard and stick it in the tour and use it right? Will i be able to lookup any of my contacts and press dial to contact them or will i have to enter a phone number in # by # since the international area code is needed...
    07-05-09 10:07 PM
    How many times do people ask the same question in these forums?!?!

OP: the price was announced at $199 after discounts and MIR weeks ago, it is mentioned in several threads. You will be paying $299 out of pocket and 2+ months later you will get a $100 check but if you purchase from best buy you don't have to hassel with the MIR and it will be $199 out of pocket.
    07-05-09 10:26 PM
    You either spoke with someone who has no idea about anything or you did not understand at all. The $199 price is for new customers and exisiting customer who are eligible for the full $150 discount, not $199 - $150 = $49.

From what I understood with my conversation with the BB Sprint rep yesterday, any discount you carry on your account can be applied to the $199. You will pay minus $150, which is pretty sweet I understood from the rep that this is a way to keep you happy with Sprint, like a win-win situation for both parties.

I'm jealous, that's a cheap BB Tour for about $49, you should be extremely happy!
    07-05-09 10:30 PM
    I'd think around the $569 mark would be an accurate guess, maybe a little higher considering its better than the curve and that is the price point on that phone. So if you can sell your surve for $150 you'd be right around $400. Do any of your friends have sprint and won't be using their upgrade lol

07-05-09 10:37 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD