well, my work takes me all over, particualry to some rather out of the way places (think iraq, afghanistan, phillipines, jordan, korea, ect...) and i'm getting places where my reception isn't so great, and data is pretty hit or miss, even when i've got connection that should allow data and dbm's range from -70 to -90 or so....

had leaked .548 when i got to whwere i am now, data and reception wasn't to great, loaded leaked .591, no real change, but battery was lasting longer, now loaded official .591, and signal seems about the same if not a bit worse.

i'm willing to downgrade, try hybrids, anything. just looking to get the best and most usage out of my BB as i can, as its costing me an arm and a leg for the phone, unlimited international data and voice, and pisses me off to be able to get a tower/carrier/reception, bounce between EDGE and GPRS, and yet my BB messenger won't send and/or i can't send/receive email or access the net.

my main concerns are reception/ability to data and voice, and then battery life.... i've been trying to read up on the different hybrids and leaks, but, haven't found to much info on what i'm looking for....

anyone have any thoughts or insights?

thanks all
    Last edited by 11984me; 04-04-10 at 01:12 PM.
    04-04-10 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD