My Tour seems to have a slightly loose battery cover, but none of the other issues mentioned. It doesn't really bother me, but it's just the principal that I paid for a brand new product and if they will gladly exchange it for me with one that is perfect, why not do that?

Do you guys think it's worth it to bring it back just for the battery cover issue, and risk getting one of the real lemons that have multiple issues in them?
    07-13-09 12:24 PM
    mine is a little loose too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 12:29 PM
    My Tour seems to have a slightly loose battery cover, but none of the other issues mentioned. It doesn't really bother me, but it's just the principal that I paid for a brand new product and if they will gladly exchange it for me with one that is perfect, why not do that?

Do you guys think it's worth it to bring it back just for the battery cover issue, and risk getting one of the real lemons that have multiple issues in them?
    no

10char lolz
    07-13-09 12:33 PM
    I called VZW asking if they had people calling in today regarding loose battery doors and they said they didn't. The rep then called the store I bought from to see if they have had anyone come in complaining and they said they didn't either. yet.
    07-13-09 12:38 PM
    How loose are these covers? Mine moves a tiny, tiny bit-- so tiny I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't read these threads-- but I have a silicone cover on it so the battery door is hidden anyway.

Are they really loose??
    07-13-09 12:49 PM
    Does the battery cover make a noise or jiggle when you shake the device? (Not that you would be doing that anyway) If it doesn't then what could possibly make you want to bring it back?
    07-13-09 12:53 PM
    How loose are these covers? Mine moves a tiny, tiny bit-- so tiny I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't read these threads-- but I have a silicone cover on it so the battery door is hidden anyway.

Are they really loose??
    If you can find anything similar to "egrips" which is used to help hold onto a phone, you can cut a small piece off and it sticks to the inside of the cover. Will not move with this on and it will pull off if needed. I know this should not have to be done on a new phone, but the covers seem to be the biggest issue.
    07-13-09 12:55 PM
    If you return it for that. you may get one with a battery cover that is worse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 12:57 PM
    It doesn't really bother me, but it's just the principal that I paid for a brand new product and if they will gladly exchange it for me with one that is perfect, why not do that?
    It clearly bothers you enough to make a whole new thread about it. I'm not sure what principal you're inferring to as the device you received IS brand new so you got what you paid for. This is not a hand made Farrari, its massed produced like toothbrush, calculator...etc.

If you exchange it, be prepared to have a unit with other minute flaws, like loose A, or a headphone jack that's off by .000001 mm.
    07-13-09 12:58 PM

Are they really loose??
    mine is not very loose at all, you can just feel that it isn't perfectly snug and tight and it does move a tiny bit back and forth if you move it, but definately nothing out of control or anything.

Honestly if no one ever mentioned it on here I never would have gave it a second though, it's just that now with people saying there are tour's that have no battery cover issue, might as well get one of those while I can? Seems like nothing to lose as long as you aren't going to get a worse one.
    07-13-09 01:02 PM
    Does the battery cover make a noise or jiggle when you shake the device? (Not that you would be doing that anyway) If it doesn't then what could possibly make you want to bring it back?
    no. I didn't even realize this was an issue until I read all the posts complaining about the loose battery cover, then tried mine out of curiosity and noticed it does move around a bit if you push the cover side to side.
    07-13-09 01:03 PM
    Dont worry about it then.
    07-13-09 01:10 PM
    fold up a small peice of paper and put it under the battery cover

problem fixed
    07-13-09 01:12 PM
    it moves a little bit, but you cant tell by looking at it. It surprises me how picky people can be. And please dont give me that "well i paid for a brand new product".... ,u paid for a product with a not all the way flush battery door cover! get over it. And by the way its still new
    07-13-09 01:28 PM
    When i got my phone yesterday, this "issue" was one of the first things i noticed (the only thing i've noticed). I immediately asked one of the sales representatives there if this was a faulty cover and they went into the back and when he came out he says that this is actually very natural for the cover of this phone. It moves slightly because of the lock mechanism. When i told him that my friends phone didn't have the same problem he said that after a little use it would. I know he could and probably is feeding me bull****, but it settled my concerns. I've gotten over it and don't even notice it anymore. I don't think you should return it for that reason.
    07-13-09 01:33 PM
    If you are referring to the very slight shifting of the battery door from side to side when you force it from side to side, if that is all you have to complain about, you are lucky..

Evidently, you have never owned a Storm.
    07-13-09 01:37 PM
    Gee just get a silcone cover and then you don't have to worry about it at all
    07-13-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD